the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

While I admire both CE and Golden Chick for the consistency of their product, their spicy doesn't really hold a candle to Popeyes' when Popeye's gets it right.  The cayenne sprinking is no substitute for Popeyes' marinade and spicy batter.

Twice knows what's up.

Anyway, CE is best for an order of gizzards and gravy.  Everyone knows that.

Also, if I was feeling fancy, I would offer CE gizzards as a menu alternative at my fancy state dinner.

Also, in law school, at a mock "awards ceremony" the Assault and Flattery crowd held, I was given the award of "most likely to belch at a state dinner."  I turned to my friend, explaining that I was a little insulted, and she said "well, first, it's true, and second.....think of it this way, we actually DO think you might someday be invited to a state dinner, so that's flattering."

On 3/5/2022 at 9:20 AM, Brisketexan said:

Had he served Popeyes at that occasion, this board would have praised him for it. And deservedly so.

Shit, if I’m ever POTUS, I’m totally serving Popeyes at a state dinner.

if he could bring back the Popeyes buffet, I might vote for him !

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Was it like the standard buffet? All you can eat? 

I want to know all about it.

fat boys - all you can eat !!!!

2 breasts, 2 thighs (all spicy, covered in Louisiana red sauce), 4 biscuits, huuuuuge serving of dirty rice covered in red beans, corn or two. 3 jalapeñoS. Was all I could handle 

two biscuits with honey for dessert 

and a small Diet Coke, unlimited refills 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

There was one around San Marcos for a minute. My old roommate and I heard about it, and made a special trip down there. We walked into the place, saw the buffet, and almost cried. If I recall, that location didn't last long...or maybe they took out the buffet. 

5 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

There was one around San Marcos for a minute. My old roommate and I heard about it, and made a special trip down there. We walked into the place, saw the buffet, and almost cried. If I recall, that location didn't last long...or maybe they took out the buffet. 

I lived next door to a kfc buffet but it just didn’t hit the same 

40 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

While I admire both CE and Golden Chick for the consistency of their product, their spicy doesn't really hold a candle to Popeyes' when Popeye's gets it right.  The cayenne sprinking is no substitute for Popeyes' marinade and spicy batter.

I haven't had "spicy" chicken from Popeye's in 10 years.  I've ordered it every fucking time, but never gotten it.  I don't think they do spicy anymore. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I haven't had "spicy" chicken from Popeye's in 10 years.  I've ordered it every fucking time, but never gotten it.  I don't think they do spicy anymore. 

Which was my original point. If you want spicy tenders and you order spicy tenders at CE, they’ll likely give you spicy tenders. 

if you are ok with whatever they hand you, then order spicy tenders at Popeyes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I gotta tell you, of my many failed orders at Popeyes - and there are many - "the chicken wasn't spicy" hasn't been one of them.  It's been pretty consistent in that regard.  It's not blow your tongue out spicy, but it's certainly detectable compared to non-spicy chicken.  Maybe I've just gotten lucky.  I mean, eating Popeyes IS like gambling, so luck is for sure a factor.

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I gotta tell you, of my many failed orders at Popeyes - and there are many - "the chicken wasn't spicy" hasn't been one of them.  It's been pretty consistent in that regard.  It's not blow your tongue out spicy, but it's certainly detectable compared to non-spicy chicken.  Maybe I've just gotten lucky.  I mean, eating Popeyes IS like gambling, so luck is for sure a factor.

Man, that just hasn't been my experience.  The last time I ate there was to give their spicy chicken sandwich a try.  Chick fil a's spicy chicken sandwich was spicier by far.  I was stunned it was so bland. 

That was a year or so ago and haven't been back since.  

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Man, that just hasn't been my experience.  The last time I ate there was to give their spicy chicken sandwich a try.  Chick fil a's spicy chicken sandwich was spicier by far.  I was stunned it was so bland. 

That was a year or so ago and haven't been back since.  

Oh, the chicken sandwich was the wrong call then.  All of the chicken breast filets are the same -- if you order spicy, only the mayo is different (spicy).  If you want spicy popeye's chicken, you gotta order it old school -- chicken on the bone.

Y'all are cracking me up with the Popeye's stories.  I went by maybe 10 months ago to get the whole family chicken and they left out the 6 extra biscuits and my wife said well maybe you can ask them to give them to you next time and I was like

Youre Kidding GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Popeyes talk not going away. So I’ll join in.

I’ve twice been served regular chicken after I ordered spicy chicken. The first time was when I went through the drive-thru, threw my receipt away in this trash can they had an extended opening that you can reach from your window, and didn’t realize I got screwed until I got home. And there was nothing I could do about it because I didn’t have my receipt. And the store was probably about 10 miles away so the prospect of driving back to have them correct their “mistake” seemed kind of pointless.

The second time was at the same store. I went inside and placed my order. I watched this woman pull chicken from the regular bin then called out my spicy chicken order. I was too dumbfounded to know what to do. Was the bin mislabeled? Plus she had spilled beans and gravy all over the counter when she dished out my red beans & rice so I doubt she was in any mood to have me make a scene. So, speechless, I drove home and yep, it was regular, not spicy.

Since then a new store has opened within a mile from me and I haven’t had that problem.. yet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I once had a neighbor named "Big Lou." Big Lou loved to eat and he looked the part.

One time he was leaving and we started chatting. He said he was going to pick up fried chicken.

"Where are you going to get chicken?" I asked.

"Popeye's for the chicken and Church's for the biscuits," he replied.

Big Lou knew what he wanted.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I’m kind of down on Popeye’s for getting rid of their dirty rice.  Also, about 25 years ago the Popeye’s in Houston used to make the best freaking onion rings in the world.  Man I could go for some of those right now.

There was a minute in the not too distant past where they brought back those onion rings.  I got them at the Congress and William Cannon Popeye's and they are indeed great.  But they were only around for a few months a couple years ago and never reappeared.  Missing the dirty rice is a killer as well.  Otherwise our Popeye's usually gets things right.  But the sides are way better at the Golden Chick so we wind up there if we're staying close.

And no, you go to Bush's for gizzards and gravy.  Chicken Express is ok, except there are no convenient locations unless you live out by the lake or out in the exurbs.  Bush's suffers from the same problem mostly, but I used to live close to the one on Brodie and love that you never had to worry that they were serving you cornish hens.  

And for those of you that need a fried chicken buffet, you can still find them around Houston.  Look for Hartz Chicken Buffet.  I'm not going to tell you it's great chicken, but you can eat as much as you want.

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Popeyes talk not going away. So I’ll join in.

Bone in chicken there is good. Tenders are a hard pass now. Too much fail. 

Chicken E has been much more dependable. I can shake red serendipity salt to taste. I rarely get just 4. They hit it heavy. The one drawback to the bone in chicken box is no gravy unless you ask.

But, I have turned off to get to a Henderson's more than once. If I have to go to the Dallas VA for my dad then it's an obligatory stop at Rudy's down the street.

25 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I once had a neighbor named "Big Lou." Big Lou loved to eat and he looked the part.

One time he was leaving and we started chatting. He said he was going to pick up fried chicken.

"Where are you going to get chicken?" I asked.

"Popeye's for the chicken and Church's for the biscuits," he replied.

Big Lou knew what he wanted.

My dad had his hip replaced in December.  We stayed in a hotel near the hospital the night before and ordered doordash from Popeyes.  They included no napkins or utensils.  I had to use a bone from a chicken thigh as a spoon to eat my red beans and rice.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, kevwun said:

My dad had his hip replaced in December.  We stayed in a hotel near the hospital the night before and ordered doordash from Popeyes.  They included no napkins or utensils.  I had to use a bone from a chicken thigh as a spoon to eat my red beans and rice.

Nugget that meat up.

Reads like Letters from American Civil War 2
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

jamie foxx annie GIF

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2022 at 9:41 AM, jimmyjazz said:

You know which giant chicken chain never gets my order wrong?  Wingstop.  I'm a little afraid I'll find out what I'm eating, though.  I suspect small mammals are involved.

that place has great ranch !!

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/04/20/steve-hotze-houston-indicted-voter-fraud/

Conservative activist Steven Hotze on Wednesday was indicted on two felony charges related to his alleged involvement in an air conditioning repairman being held at gunpoint in 2020 during a bizarre search for fraudulent mail ballots that did not exist, according to his attorney, Gary Polland.

Hotze, 71, was indicted by a Harris County grand jury and faces one count of unlawful restraint and one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Court filings in the case were not available Wednesday evening. Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg declined to comment.

The charges stem from Hotze’s hiring of more than a dozen private investigators to look for voter fraud in Harris County ahead of the 2020 presidential election.

One of the investigators, former Houston police captain Mark Aguirre, was arrested in December 2020 and charged with aggravated assault. Prosecutors said Aguirre used his vehicle to run an air conditioning repairman off the road before dawn on Oct. 19, 2020.

Aguirre then detained the repairman at gunpoint and ordered an associate to search his truck, according to court filings. When a Houston police officer happened upon the scene and stopped to investigate, Aguirre said the truck contained 750,000 fraudulent mail ballots prepared by Democrats.

The truck contained only air conditioning parts and equipment. Hotze’s investigators have not produced any credible evidence to support allegations that Democrats orchestrated a wide-ranging mail ballot scheme in Harris County during that election.

Polland said the charges against Hotze are “outrageous” and his client had no knowledge of the roadside incident until he read media reports of Aguirre’s arrest. He said Aguirre asked Hotze for funds to investigate alleged election fraud, Hotze agreed, and that was the extent of his involvement in Aguirre’s affairs.

“All I know is Hotze didn’t aid or abet this in any way,” Polland said. “The donation of funds was for a righteous activity of rooting out ballot fraud.”

Grand jury subpoenas in Aguirre’s case show that Hotze paid Aguirre $266,400. Most of that sum, $211,400, was paid to Aguirre on the day after the alleged holdup.

Aguirre remains free on bond awaiting trial. One of his conditions of release is that he no longer work for Hotze.

Hotze, however, plans to continue monitoring election activity in Houston. At a “Freedom Gala” fundraiser Hotze hosted on April 2 with Attorney General Ken Paxton, Hotze said donations would be used to investigate voter fraud in Texas

Also attending the event was Mike Lindell, the MyPillow CEO who has promoted the baseless theory that former President Donald Trump was the rightful winner of the 2020 presidential election.

Polland said Hotze does not plan to alter his plans because of the indictments.

Hotze, a physician, has long advocated on behalf of conservative issues. He was instrumental in the 2015 defeat of Houston’s anti-discrimination ordinance, which he derided as “pro-homosexual.” He opposed the legalization of same-sex marriage spurred by a Supreme Court ruling earlier that year.

In 2020, he unsuccessfully sued Harris County in an attempt to have 127,000 ballots cast at drive-thru locations thrown out.

His far-right beliefs have sometimes led to disputes with other Republicans. In June 2020, during protests following the police killing of George Floyd, Hotze left a voicemail with Gov. Greg Abbott’s chief of staff urging the governor “to shoot to kill if any of these son-of-a-bitch people start rioting.” U.S. John Cornyn called the remarks “absolutely disgusting and reprehensible.”

• Rage+1 2

"Trump allies targeted voting systems in Colorado, North Carolina, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania. At least five of these incidents are under investigation by federal or local law enforcement. Four of the breaches forced officials to decertify or replace voting equipment due to security concerns. All of them involved Republican officials or party activists who have pushed false claims about Trump's election loss.

Four voting law experts told Reuters that the extent of the breaches is "unprecedented in modern U.S. elections.""

Fuck these fucking fucks. It's virtually impossible to be more blatant in repetively illustrating that every accusation coming out of MAGA's mouth warrants an investigation into MAGA for said accusations. 

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/politics/unprecedented-in-modern-elections-trump-conspiracy-theorists-breach-voting-systems-in--states/ar-AAWGQFf?ocid=sapphireappshare

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty amused by this whole contempt, daily fine of $10,000.  

Apparently, New York practice requires that if you are going to respond to a request for production of documents with nothing, you must sign an affidavit saying where you looked, and what for, to include electronic devices.

And dumbass Trump and his dumbass lawyer Alina Habba haven't provided one yet.  That's, I'm sure, partly incompetence on her part and partly the inability to truthfully sign such an affidavit.

Glorious.

One thing that catches the unwary and unscrupulous is that it is no answer that "the company has every document that I have, nothing comes to or from me that doesn't go through the company."  Because in document production, the requestor is entitled to EVERY copy of the same document that can be found.  In the old days, one copy of the document might have markings on it, or post-its attached, that are a smoking gun.  Nowadays, you're entitled to every digital copy, which might include data or metadata indicating who received it, opened it, modfied it, etc. or annotations that are the digital equivalant of markings and post-its.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Rudy Giuliani has backed out of his scheduled transcribed interview before the House select committee investigating the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, a spokesperson for the committee said Thursday night.

"Mr. Giuliani had agreed to participate in a transcribed interview with the Select Committee," said Tim Mulvey. "Today, he informed committee investigators that he wouldn't show up unless he was permitted to record the interview, which was never an agreed-upon condition."

Mulvey continued that Giuliani is an "important witness to overthrow the government and he remains under subpoena." Mulvey said that if Giuliani refuses to comply, "the committee will consider all enforcement options."

Giuliani was subpoenaed by the committee in January 2022, along with Jenna Ellis and Sidney Powell, two lawyers who worked to promote former President Trump's false claims about the election, and Boris Epshteyn, a former Trump White House aide.

The four figures participated in a November 19, 2020, press conference that featured baseless claims the election had been stolen and that Trump had won in a "landslide."

The committee chair, Rep. Bennie Thompson, said at the time of the subpoena that all four "advanced unsupported theories about election fraud, pushed efforts to overturn the election results, or were in direct contact with the former President about attempts to stop the counting of electoral votes."

The January 6 committee sent a letter to Giuliani in January 2022 that indicated the committee believes from witness testimony that the former New York City mayor urged Trump in December 2020 to direct the seizure of voting machines across the country, even after being told the Department of Homeland Security lacked that authority.

Since then, Giuliani's law license has been suspended in New York and Washington, D.C.

Giuliani's refusal to appear comes the same week that the former president's son, Donald Trump Jr., met with the committee. A source told CBS News the interview lasted about three hours, Trump Jr. did not plead the Fifth and described the interview as "very cordial."

The House January 6 committee, which was created last year by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, is winding down its investigative phase. Hearings are set to begin June 9, with Thompson saying last week there would be eight hearings.

So far, the committee has issued dozens of subpoenas, including to Trump's allies, former White House officials, campaign aides and individuals involved in the planning of the rally outside the White House before the Capitol building came under siege. Four top Trump allies — Steve Bannon, former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, trade adviser Peter Navarro and former communications official Dan Scavino — have been held in contempt of Congress for refusing to comply with subpoenas, and the Justice Department has charged Bannon. All have said they are following instructions from Trump, who has claimed executive privilege.

The committee, comprised of seven Democrats and two Republicans, is tasked with investigating the January 6 attack, when thousands of Trump supporters descended on the Capitol as Congress counted the electoral votes, a largely ceremonial final step affirming President Biden's victory. Lawmakers were sent fleeing amid the riot, which led to the deaths of five people and the arrests of hundreds more. Trump, who encouraged his supporters to "walk down" to the Capitol during the rally at the Ellipse before the electoral vote count, was impeached by the House one week later for inciting the riot but was later acquitted by the Senate.

allow me to plaintext the denouement....

"Then having done that math, you'd be left with a significant Trump lead that would bolster the argument for the Legislature adopting a slate of Trump electors - perfectly within your authority to do anyway, but now bolstered by the untainted popular vote.  That would help provide some cover."