Indiana is 4-0...WTF?

Nueces River Rat

34 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

... and we’re a swimming, softball, and volleyball school.  I’m sure IU is jealous, too.

Hey, we have Miranda Eilish. Name one of their softball players as fine and good as she is. And don't scoff at our powerhouse swim team. Many Olympians have come through here. We once bad Lexi Sun, too. We get some bad chicks here, bro. Too bad they're tougher than our football team. 

8 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The fact that they stayed there is a WTF.  Usually they crash after a signature win.   But then again the greatest conference ever created by man is down this year.  

So true. I may actually die an early death if they somehow make the CCG. I will not stand for this!! Fuck you, Tom Herman!!!!! 

49 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

... and we’re a swimming, softball, and volleyball school.  I’m sure IU is jealous, too.

13 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Hey, we have Miranda Eilish. Name one of their softball players as fine and good as she is. And don't scoff at our powerhouse swim team. Many Olympians have come through here. We once bad Lexi Sun, too. We get some bad chicks here, bro. Too bad they're tougher than our football team. 

No scoff ... I was serious as a heart attack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Aggy is top 5, too. Truly wtf. 2020 in a nutshell 

They're extremely fortunate to be where they are, they got throttled by Bama and the only team worth a shit they've beaten is UF. Vandy is 0-6, SC and Mississippi St are 2-4 and Arkansas is 3-3. LSU is hot garbage and the Vols were the paper tiger everyone expected them to be sitting at 2-4 so they have a favorable schedule remaining. They crow about how tough of a schedule they play every year, but this year outside of Bama and UF they won't play anyone, Auburn isn't particularly good this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Chad said:

They're extremely fortunate to be where they are, they got throttled by Bama and the only team worth a shit they've beaten is UF. Vandy is 0-6, SC and Mississippi St are 2-4 and Arkansas is 3-3. LSU is hot garbage and the Vols were the paper tiger everyone expected them to be sitting at 2-4 so they have a favorable schedule remaining. They crow about how tough of a schedule they play every year, but this year outside of Bama and UF they won't play anyone, Auburn isn't particularly good this season.

Are they still in line to play LSU? If so, I can see them losing to the Tigers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My dad and his family are all born and raised in Bloomington. He used to tell me all the time about the '67 team that went to the Rose Bowl, I tried to not roll my eyes. IU football is trash, the late 80s were cool but it's just a bad program. I just concentrated on the basketball team and that was good enough for me. That being said...

I know the rankings are stupid, this isn't a top 10 team. I know the teams they've played are shit. But...this is a fucking whack-job of a season. Nobody knows what's goiong to happen, it's a crapshoot. I'm excited as hell to watch these kids win some games. Fuck Michigan and Penn State. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Can't we just be happy for them?  For as long as it lasts?  

I think we all know they will crash and burn soon enough, let's lot let our situation poison everything.  

The future's uncertain and the end is always near. Let it roll, baby, roll.

Edited by Bullneck

7 hours ago, SlingeroGuitaro said:

I played at IU under DiNardo and Hoepner. Being ranked was as likely as man landing on the moon. 

It's a shame you didn't learn to spell Coach Hoeppner's name. He deserves a lot of credit for beginning IU's turnaround. (RIP) But since Tom Allen came on board they've been playing better defense than I can remember seeing from them before. 

9 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I think we all know they will crash and burn soon enough, let's lot let our situation poison everything.  

I think it’s cool to see some teams in the Top 25 polls whom have never been close to being ranked at least in the last few decades or so and some newbies who have been in FBS for only a short period.  Yea I know this season the polls are pretty much a crapshoot , but none the less.  New Mexico needs to get on board. 

Edited by Nueces River Rat

The rest of the season, they'll lose to Ohio State, beat MD, lose to Wisky and have a dogfight against Purdue. That'd make then 6-2 or 5-3, with #2 seed in the conference championship weekend. Would play NW or PU; another dogfight there. Would qualify as a magical season. Then they'll probably disappear back to irrelevance, but still.

19 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

If Indiana keeps it close against tOSU, I'll take them seriously. I can't wait to see that match up on Saturday. But it IS 2020, so literally the earth could catch fire and aggy be in the playoffs, so nothing would surprise me at this point. 

NW is also 4-0, and I think they get Wisconsin this week so that’s two b1g games to see if the plucky overachievers can hang with the big boys and affect the title race. 

somehow the big10 has managed 4 undefeated teams remaining after 4 games.  Some cancelled games may have a hand in that. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

On 11/14/2020 at 3:21 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Holy Shit.

WTF is she doing just standing there?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

NW is also 4-0, and I think they get Wisconsin this week so that’s two b1g games to see if the plucky overachievers can hang with the big boys and affect the title race. 

somehow the big10 has managed 4 undefeated teams remaining after 4 games.  Some cancelled games may have a hand in that. 

Shit, this is the year the earth collapses in on itself isn't it? What the hell is going on? I'm definitely checking out that Wisky vs NW game.