Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Nothing you say will convince Satoshi, Donkey, or Incred because they are pieces of shit. 

Actually I agree 100% with her. We don’t disagree on the what, we disagree on the how (and at what minimum baseline). Actually I can’t even say I disagree with her on the how because I don’t know her idealized politics.

• Fuck You 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/biden-s-job-rating-sinks-42-percent-nbc-news-poll-n1282781

WASHINGTON — A majority of Americans now disapprove of President Joe Biden's job performance, while half give him low marks for competence and uniting the country, according to results from the latest national NBC News poll.

What's more, the survey finds that 7 in 10 adults, including almost half of Democrats, believe the nation is headed in the wrong direction, as well as nearly 60 percent who view Biden's stewardship of the economy negatively just nine months into his presidency.

28 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Neat. He’s not doing a great job. He’s also doing a million times better than Dotard or any of his minions (read Rs) would be doing since they don’t actually try to, you know, govern. 

I give him a lot of credit for avoiding a constitutional crisis in his first nine months.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Incredulity said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/biden-s-job-rating-sinks-42-percent-nbc-news-poll-n1282781

WASHINGTON — A majority of Americans now disapprove of President Joe Biden's job performance, while half give him low marks for competence and uniting the country, according to results from the latest national NBC News poll.

What's more, the survey finds that 7 in 10 adults, including almost half of Democrats, believe the nation is headed in the wrong direction, as well as nearly 60 percent who view Biden's stewardship of the economy negatively just nine months into his presidency.

778C4CD2-7DF2-48FA-8A14-51DBA1606437.gif

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Top tax rate in the golden era of the 1950s was 95%. Pay your tax. 

I do pay my taxes. If you want to pay more you’re welcome to do so. If you want to reduce your tax exposure, I wouldn’t judge that either. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

I do pay my taxes. If you want to pay more you’re welcome to do so. If you want to reduce your tax exposure, I wouldn’t judge that either. 

1) Don’t bitch about the debt.

2) I’m not the judge, but I hear He says that those who receive much are expected to give much.

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The mental gymnastics it takes for Christians to continually believe they're actually persecuted is impressive. 

it's their longest-standing grift. hell, we were founded on the fucking premise. no wonder we can't get away from the idea

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And that only Republicans can be religious.  

White Jesus Christian republicans have very little in common with and rarely follow the teachings of Jesus. They might as well claim they follow the teachings of Santa Claus. It’s just a one hour a week way to try to get excused for all the crappy things they do to other people all week. If they actually followed Jesus there’s no way they would agree to be a Republican and worship at the white supremacist alter of trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Top tax rate in the golden era of the 1950s was 95%. Pay your tax. 

This is not specifically responding to you, Willfully Horn, but all of the people clamoring over the super high tax rates of the 50s and 60s.  This will never go over well here but what Reagan did was lower the high end tax rates while simultaneously getting rid of lots of tax deductions available only to the wealthy.  

https://checkyourfact.com/2019/01/09/fact-check-90-percent-taxes-eisenhower-1950s/

The reality is that the top 1% of earners in the 1950s, where the top federal income tax rate never went below 70%) paid an effective tax rate of 16.9%.  Much lower than we have today.

I think I'll start a new thread on a way to increase revenue for the govt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

As long as Biden isn't encouraging a violent overthrow of a legal and fair election, I'll take him over TFG every fucking time.  He can sleep through the rest of his presidency and I'd still prefer him to any GQP traitor. 

This is all true, of course, but one day (probably very soon) the GOP will be in power again.  Every day we squander without any sort of protection of the vote and protection of the process is a real risk that in short order a party that has shown it wants to overthrow our country can in fact overthrow our country, and it might even be nice a legal next time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

This is all true, of course, but one day (probably very soon) the GOP will be in power again.  Every day we squander without any sort of protection of the vote and protection of the process is a real risk that in short order a party that has shown it wants to overthrow our country can in fact overthrow our country, and it might even be nice a legal next time.

This is our concern dude.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sheeeit said:

This is not specifically responding to you, Willfully Horn, but all of the people clamoring over the super high tax rates of the 50s and 60s.  This will never go over well here but what Reagan did was lower the high end tax rates while simultaneously getting rid of lots of tax deductions available only to the wealthy.  

https://checkyourfact.com/2019/01/09/fact-check-90-percent-taxes-eisenhower-1950s/

The reality is that the top 1% of earners in the 1950s, where the top federal income tax rate never went below 70%) paid an effective tax rate of 16.9%.  Much lower than we have today.

I think I'll start a new thread on a way to increase revenue for the govt.

Forget wealth, look at income.

* Elon Musk paid no income tax in 2018

* George Soros paid no income tax from 2016-2018

* Carl Icahn paid no income tax from 2016-2017

All 3 compounded unimaginable wealth in that time frame, as did Warren Buffett, Jeff Bezos, and Michael Bloomberg, but at least those guys paid some income tax.  Their taxes as a fraction of their wealth accumulation were roughly 0.1% - 3%, though.  It's ridiculous.  There is no justification for that level of unbridled wealth accumulation, but hey, you're just the water carrier.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

All 3 compounded unimaginable wealth in that time frame, as did Warren Buffett, Jeff Bezos, and Michael Bloomberg, but at least those guys paid some income tax.  Their taxes as a fraction of their wealth accumulation were roughly 0.1% - 3%, though.  It's ridiculous.  There is no justification for that level of unbridled wealth accumulation, but hey, you're just the water carrier.

I wonder who wrote incentive based tax code to facilitate a zero tax rate?  

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Focusing on distributional outliers are no way to build a tax code.  If you want special rules to deal with the outlier situations, fine.  Deal with those situations. But we all know that in the end what we do with the meat of the middle income folks is all that matters.  

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Focusing on distributional outliers are no way to build a tax code.  If you want special rules to deal with the outlier situations, fine.  Deal with those situations. But we all know that in the end what we do with the meat of the middle income folks is all that matters.  

And those are the people taking it in the shorts.  The tax code needs an overhaul.  It won't happen, but it needs to happen.  Our "progressive" tax code . . . kinda isn't.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

And those are the people taking it in the shorts.  The tax code needs an overhaul.  It won't happen, but it needs to happen.  Our "progressive" tax code . . . kinda isn't.

W2 professionals like you and me are getting royally bent over by the current tax code. And we will continue to bend over and take it cause that is where the money is at. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

W2 professionals like you and me are getting royally bent over by the current tax code. And we will continue to bend over and take it cause that is where the money is at. 

I was doing really well, tax-wise, until ~ 2017, and then things got decidedly worse.  If I'm honest, things probably got more equitable.

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was doing really well, tax-wise, until ~ 2017, and then things got decidedly worse.  If I'm honest, things probably got more equitable.

But see, you get the rare benefit of being both a W2 slave and holding property in a hot appreciating market. You are the fat part of the distribution that needs to be squeezed. 

Edited by Anastasis

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

But see, you get the rare benefit of being both a W2 slave and holding property in a hot appreciating market. You are the fat part of the distribution that needs to be squeezed. 

Yeah, and the combo of reduced SALT deductions along with kids rolling off (excuse me, "aging out of") tax credits didn't help.  OK, I should have prepared for the latter.

Under Covid emergency provision that continue, the Fed has been pumping $120 Billion a MONTH into inflated asset markets. This started in March 2020.

Joe Manchin says nothing about that but cannot find it in him to consider $1.75 trillion over 10 years  ($175 billion a year = $14 billion each month) for people in the United States.

Morally it's abhorrent.

From an economics perspective, the imbalance is illogical. Failure to maintain increases costs and increases inefficiency, leading to lower economic output and lost opportunity. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Under Covid emergency provision that continue, the Fed has been pumping $120 Billion a MONTH into inflated asset markets. This started in March 2020.

Joe Manchin says nothing about that but cannot find it in him to consider $1.75 trillion over 10 years  ($175 billion a year = $14 billion each month) for people in the United States.

Morally it's abhorrent.

From an economics perspective, the imbalance is illogical. Failure to maintain increases costs and increases inefficiency, leading to lower economic output and lost opportunity. 

Yeah, it's not $1.75 trillion.