Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

7 hours ago, ONE YARD said:

One of my dipshit employees just yelled “let’s go Brandon” down the hallway. Then made a comment that the Democrats were trying to turn saying it into a hate crime. 

Fml. I am way too busy to deal with this shit. 

Have they been fired yet

13 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

$2.3 trillion and counting (19 months).

Probably not the best idea to throw MORE money at the US economy when inflation is high, unemployment is up and there are supply shortages of consumer goods/services due to lack of production and workforce, don't you think? Or, do we not talk about economic policy in this thread?

59 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Probably not the best idea to throw MORE money at the US economy when inflation is high, unemployment is up and there are supply shortages of consumer goods/services due to lack of production and workforce, don't you think? Or, do we not talk about economic policy in this thread?

is this opposite day? only one part of that is true, and it's still misleading

13 hours ago, ONE YARD said:

While frustrating, he still makes me money.   Which is very important.

Funny thing. Us three owners are liberal.  Most of our employees are conservative as fuck.    
weird dynamic. 

I've said this before, and I'll say it again-- the parties bases are switching. Used to be the poor and lower and working blue collar classes voted D. Now they vote R. The middle to upper and white collar voted R, now they vote D. (Broad brush strokes, but basically correct I think).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I've said this before, and I'll say it again-- the parties bases are switching. Used to be the poor and lower and working blue collar classes voted D. Now they vote R. The middle to upper and white collar voted R, now they vote D. (Broad brush strokes, but basically correct I think).

Non-white members of this group still largely vote Democrat. The shift among the working class has largely been among the white working class.

On 11/1/2021 at 6:09 PM, Anastasis said:

Focusing on distributional outliers are no way to build a tax code.  If you want special rules to deal with the outlier situations, fine.  Deal with those situations. But we all know that in the end what we do with the meat of the middle income folks is all that matters.  

What is a wealth tax on wealth over some large amount?

And the outliers do matter. Maybe not economically so much, but they do matter to the working schlub who pays a significant (to him) amount of taxes, but sees the bezoses not paying anything that matters (to them).  And there are a lot of schlubs out there.

33 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The shift among the working class has largely been among the white working class.

This topic is worthy of a separate thread. Why did they leave the party and is it possible to win that vote back? Biden was able to pull some back into the fold in 2020.

Tucker rants about this topic and wants to make the Republican party the party of the Nationalist working class using a 1930's German play book.

Edited by F250

Joe Biden quoted on CNN saying "I don't think the results in the elections last night had anything to do with what I'm doing or not doing". wow. Is he really that oblivious or a liar now?

Virginia had little to do with Biden. The Dem there was not liked by progressives. The Republican ran on bullshit CRT and scared all the pearl clutching white people into voting for him on that issue.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Joe Biden quoted on CNN saying "I don't think the results in the elections last night had anything to do with what I'm doing or not doing". wow. Is he really that oblivious or a liar now?

I mean it’s like watching Sark’s press conference. You expect him to say “lol we ass”?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

This topic is worthy of a separate thread. Why did they leave the party and is it possible to win that vote back? Biden was able to pull some back into the fold in 2020.
Tucker rants about this topic and wants to make the Republican party the party of the Nationalist working class using a 1930's German play book.

Biden ran a couple percentage points better than HRC among non college whites. It’s technically true that he was better, and that was a key to victory given the tight margins in certain states, but relative to Obama and Democrats before that, still abysmal.

It’s socio-cultural issues and a victim complex fed by FOX News, and I’m not sure it’s reversible. And long term, in a country that’s getting more diverse and better educated, probably the right play.

What I've learned from the last 5-6 years. 

Half of this country are racist shitheads. The other half want to blame the white men, rich white men, and men (in that order) for every got damned thing wrong in the world.

On one side, you have a bunch of "christian" racist rednecks ruining one party. Then you have a bunch of uber woke idiots ruining the other side. People in the middle like me are confused as fuck who represents us cause it sure the fuck isn't either party.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The other entertaining thing to watch is that D is now the party of “just trust the government and do what they tell you”. R has all the govt conspiracy theory nut jobs.

I miss hippies.

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Ok. Your perception is driven by a propaganda created boogeyman.

Sounds like the Dems need to up the propaganda game because they just got their asses kicked. If the other side is selling fear and your side isn't doing shit to combat that message, it's going to show up at the polls. That's the only validation of messaging that matters.

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

Sounds like the Dems need to up the propaganda game because they just got their asses kicked. If the other side is selling fear and your side isn't doing shit to combat that message, it's going to show up at the polls. That's the only validation of messaging that matters.

Awesome. Dems so need to improve their message. It would also help if supposedly smart people could not get duped and then go repeat and amplify the propaganda that duped them.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It's not?

In terms of income tax relative to adjusted gross income?  Yes, our tax code is "progressive", although there is a curious negative slope at the very lowest levels of AGI, as well as above $5M.

In terms of wealth accumulation and taxes paid?  Not a fucking chance.  This is the whole point people have been trying to make, but idgits like you just don't have enough intellectual curiosity or ethical backbone to admit that the upper class and wealthy enjoy opportunities to build wealth with relatively low taxation that other Americans don't.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Awesome. Dems so need to improve their message. It would also help if supposedly smart people could not get duped and then go repeat and amplify the propaganda that duped them.

last presidential election, 74 million people voted for a racist asshole crook. if that's the plan to get people to vote Dem then we are fucked as a nation.

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

You’re not that obtuse… clearly you can tell he’s trying to put on a positive spin. Come on Donkey. 

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I firmly believe Huey Long type candidates would crush it against today’s GOP.  The candidates are a big part of the problem with the democrats, they’re pussies. Sometimes you need to go full demagogue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, YChang said:

You’re not that obtuse… clearly you can tell he’s trying to put on a positive spin. Come on Donkey. 

My comment was speaking to the lack of respect (i.e. insulting our intelligence) that he gives instead of speaking frankly with some candor. Someone up thread made the comment of it being like Coachspeak or press conference nonsense and I agree. We hate being condescended to by coaches because we have eyeballs and brains and this is the same thing, the coach of the USA is saying "Our loss had nothing to do with our lack of offense or inability to move the ball, but I don't know what it was, I'll need to look at the game film". Biden is basically Jason Garrett.

• Fuck You 2

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

ethical backbone to admit that the upper class and wealthy enjoy opportunities to build wealth with relatively low taxation that other Americans don't.

What’s a faster way to build wealth than getting your entire fucking tax burden back in a refund? 

• Fuck You 4

29 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

last presidential election, 74 million people voted for a racist asshole crook. if that's the plan to get people to vote Dem then we are fucked as a nation.

I’m not talking about a plan. I’m talking about people in this thread parroting propaganda about some woke boogeyman that doesn’t exist.

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

What’s a faster way to build wealth than getting your entire fucking tax burden back in a refund? 

What an extraordinarily stupid question.

Who will build wealth faster, the guy who annually gets $5K back as a refund or the guy who gets an annual $1M tax break?

Negged for obvious trolling.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

This one is easy: the Republican Party is the party of white grievance.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

In terms of income tax relative to adjusted gross income?  Yes, our tax code is "progressive", although there is a curious negative slope at the very lowest levels of AGI, as well as above $5M.

In terms of wealth accumulation and taxes paid?  Not a fucking chance.  This is the whole point people have been trying to make, but idgits like you just don't have enough intellectual curiosity or ethical backbone to admit that the upper class and wealthy enjoy opportunities to build wealth with relatively low taxation that other Americans don't.

From a practical standpoint I don't think there is anything that we could do that has more value in a building wealth sense than home ownership.  I think it's probably still too hard to buy a home and we should encourage lowering the standards of what it takes to be a homeowner until literally everyone can meet.  For people who can't we should just go ahead and buy the homes for them- like what they do with habitat for humanity. I'm mostly serious not sure how far I'd actually go but this is the answer.  I don't know how you do it without screwing with the rest of the market, or what that looks like, but it builds communities, it gives people a purpose and it gives them a legacy to pass on to the next generation. I'm from a family of people that 2 generations ago (my grandparents- born during the depression) were all pretty poor.  8th grade drop out for 1 grandpa.  Other grandpa got scarlet fever and lost 20 or 30 IQ points or something like that and did menial labor shit at barely above minimum wage.  Dad didn't have indoor plumbing growing up (in a suburb of Seattle so not rural hick appalacia) until 1958 or 1959. But, they bought a home. And when they died their net worth was way more than it otherwise would have been.  And they had some money to pass on to their children b/c they died owning the home. 

New grads from college are getting drilled due to affordability and student loan debt and the longer it takes them to get into the market the more unattainable the market gets b/c they aren't seeing that appreciation.  I don't know how this program would work to not wreck the rest of the housing market, but if you got creative and planned ahead and and and I don't know.  That's the key to wealth, moving even low earners into the asset class.  That was the win in privitizing social security if you could get that worked out as well.  Do those two things so that everyone has ownership in an asset and you raise the floor significantly for everyone in America.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

My comment was speaking to the lack of respect (i.e. insulting our intelligence) that he gives instead of speaking frankly with some candor. Someone up thread made the comment of it being like Coachspeak or press conference nonsense and I agree. We hate being condescended to by coaches because we have eyeballs and brains and this is the same thing, the coach of the USA is saying "Our loss had nothing to do with our lack of offense or inability to move the ball, but I don't know what it was, I'll need to look at the game film". Biden is basically Jason Garrett.

Is today your first day following politics?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

What an extraordinarily stupid question.

Who will build wealth faster, the guy who annually gets $5K back as a refund or the guy who gets an annual $1M tax break?

Negged for obvious trolling.

God you are such a beating.  Since you want to be obtuse, lets use their percentage of wealth as you guys love to do.  Who benefits more in that situation? The guy with $400 in the bank account gets his full 5k refund back, vs the guy who gets a tax break?  Fuck outta here.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

30 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

From a practical standpoint I don't think there is anything that we could do that has more value in a building wealth sense than home ownership.  I think it's probably still too hard to buy a home and we should encourage lowering the standards of what it takes to be a homeowner until literally everyone can meet.  For people who can't we should just go ahead and buy the homes for them- like what they do with habitat for humanity. I'm mostly serious not sure how far I'd actually go but this is the answer.  I don't know how you do it without screwing with the rest of the market, or what that looks like, but it builds communities, it gives people a purpose and it gives them a legacy to pass on to the next generation. I'm from a family of people that 2 generations ago (my grandparents- born during the depression) were all pretty poor.  8th grade drop out for 1 grandpa.  Other grandpa got scarlet fever and lost 20 or 30 IQ points or something like that and did menial labor shit at barely above minimum wage.  Dad didn't have indoor plumbing growing up (in a suburb of Seattle so not rural hick appalacia) until 1958 or 1959. But, they bought a home. And when they died their net worth was way more than it otherwise would have been.  And they had some money to pass on to their children b/c they died owning the home. 

New grads from college are getting drilled due to affordability and student loan debt and the longer it takes them to get into the market the more unattainable the market gets b/c they aren't seeing that appreciation.  I don't know how this program would work to not wreck the rest of the housing market, but if you got creative and planned ahead and and and I don't know.  That's the key to wealth, moving even low earners into the asset class.  That was the win in privitizing social security if you could get that worked out as well.  Do those two things so that everyone has ownership in an asset and you raise the floor significantly for everyone in America.  

This is a man talking his book. 

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

God you are such a beating.  Since you want to be obtuse, lets use their percentage of wealth as you guys love to do.  Who benefits more in that situation? The guy with $400 in the bank account gets his full 5k refund back, vs the guy who gets a tax break?  Fuck outta here.  

Fuck off, turd. 

• Hook 'Em 1