2018 NFL Draft

Machinator

Fuckin NFL network just showed clips of several punters and how they can directional punt to pin teams deep..

JK Scott from Bama, the kid from Florida and other one that I don't recall now. How about the Ray Guy winner and first punter taken in the draft? smdh..

1 minute ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Have a feeling Herman will use this year as a cautionary tale for when guys get bad advice and want to come out early. Poona is really the only one left I give a shit about. 

For players already signed, sure. Doesn't do recruiting any favors though..

26 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I mean to keep them in school. Would’ve been nice to have Elliott back there again next year. Gotta assume Elliott thought he’d go before the 6/7 round. 

Of course he did, Hollywood as well. The vast majority of players that leave early overestimate their worth to the NFL, and no amount of people trying to talk them out of it will change their minds. You have to remember that big name programs always have agents and wanna be agents sniffing around putting visions of sugarplums and piles of cash in some very young (and short sighted) minds..

In fact I remember hearing from some source that Elliott had already told the coaching staff he was leaving early before the season was over, and probably told them his mind was made up and don't bother trying to change it.

Just now, ousux said:

Of course he did, Hollywood as well. The vast majority of players that leave early overestimate their worth to the NFL, and no amount of people trying to talk them out of it will change their minds. You have to remember that big name programs always have agents and wanna be agents sniffing around putting visions of sugarplums and piles of cash in some very young (and short sighted) minds..

In fact I remember hearing from some source that Elliott had already told the coaching staff he was leaving early before the season was over, and probably told them his mind was made up and don't bother trying to change it.

program is a dumpster fire and coaches are douche but still should have stayed to mature. 

• Fuck You 14

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

With the Rams on the clock, they have 4 of the next 6 picks.

It will be interesting to see if they just carpet bomb a position or spread them around.

...or they might trade away 3 out of those 4 picks.

That's an option that I didn't list.

15 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That wasn’t assured.   Probably not even likely.  

Nothing is assured, but just improving a little bit with one more college season (landing on a few preseaon watch lists and being a Jim Thorpe finalist last year) could have easily bumped him up a few rounds, possibly into the top 3 rounds if he improved his coverage skills while still being good in run support closer to the los..

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’d say hill is a cautionary tale that there is a limit to what teams will accept, but that changes year over year and even if it didn’t there will always be players willing to give up their future for weed or other things. 

What did or didn’t he do?  Would weed alone drop a player so far? 

59 minutes ago, ousux said:

Nothing is assured, but just improving a little bit with one more college season (landing on a few preseaon watch lists and being a Jim Thorpe finalist last year) could have easily bumped him up a few rounds, possibly into the top 3 rounds if he improved his coverage skills while still being good in run support closer to the los..

Dude wasn’t getting gifted 3 picks again. It was time.