Tom Hardy is Venom (Oct 2018)

Patrick Bateman

I honestly don't care that it's separate from the MCU or that the team behind it has a shaky track record. I'm very excited to see Venom actually be showcased and hopefully without the humor that litters most of the MCU.

Doesn't look like we'll see Carnage, though, based on the previews. 

1 hour ago, GabrielsHorn said:

I honestly don't care that it's separate from the MCU or that the team behind it has a shaky track record. I'm very excited to see Venom actually be showcased and hopefully without the humor that litters most of the MCU.

Doesn't look like we'll see Carnage, though, based on the previews. 

We didn't see Woody Harrelson, who is supposedly the big baddie..... maybe they're holding it back since it's 6 months away.  I'd probably try to make a badass movie and save Carnage for the sequel though....

• 3 months later...
On 4/24/2018 at 9:17 AM, CooterBrown said:

Hardy’s American accent is weird. Should have just let him talk normally in his incoherent mumble.

Sounds similar to his accent in The Drop. Which is a great movie if you haven't seen it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kevwun said:

So is this a one off or is venom going to show up in a spider-man movie?

Sony wants to build a Spider-man villain type universe.  And they're supposed to take place alongside the MCU but not be in the Marvel movies.  Nobody really knows at this time.... I think it'll depend on how this film does but the producer of Venom didn't rule out a Spider-man cameo.

Super villain origin story can be fun. They tell us about him, which the trailers pretty much do in 2 minutes, and then he fucks shit up for 80 minutes to get the attention of the relevant superhero. The end. 

Well, and then the inevitable sequel when the hero and villain fight.

• 1 month later...