Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Jesus. you guys know I love the aggy CB recruiting saga -- but look at this 2nd team a little closer ...  someone correct me if I'm wrong but Travon Fuller is the only guy on the entire 2-deep that runs below 4.7 on the 40. is that right? and he's got a 4.69 (!!) shuttle so if you make him try to change direction even once ...   Chattman has a 4.6 shuttle and Brian Williams scratched every running event he participated in, which wasn't many but we know he didn't crack 4.7 either. 

I know that the 40 is not the be-all end-all and is vastly over-rated but to have an entire 2nd team that basically can't break 4.7  is fucking incredible. Hell, I don't know if any single one of them can break 4.4 in the shuttle. Martin maybe? I guess if I had to put money on one of these guys, outside of Fuller) in a footrace it'd be Jeremiah Martin. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Amazing. 

EBih8GWWwAA2YOz?format=png&name=360x360

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Jesus. you guys know I love the aggy CB recruiting saga -- but look at this 2nd team a little closer ...  someone correct me if I'm wrong but Travon Fuller is the only guy on the entire 2-deep that runs below 4.7 on the 40. is that right? and he's got a 4.69 (!!) shuttle so if you make him try to change direction even once ...   Chattman has a 4.6 shuttle and Brian Williams scratched every running event he participated in, which wasn't many but we know he didn't crack 4.7 either. 

I know that the 40 is not the be-all end-all and is vastly over-rated but to have an entire 2nd team that basically can't break 4.7  is fucking incredible. Hell, I don't know if any single one of them can break 4.4 in the shuttle. Martin maybe? I guess if I had to put money on one of these guys, outside of Fuller) in a footrace it'd be Jeremiah Martin. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Amazing. 

EBih8GWWwAA2YOz?format=png&name=360x360

Martin to CB

31 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Williams and Richardson will be good safeties for them. Better than Tucker and SloNeal, but holy shit that CB depth chart is hilariously shitty.

They got a juco CB that they were hyping, but he’s nowhere to be seen on that 2-deep. Wonder what the story is there.

4 minutes ago, Jojen said:

They got a juco CB that they were hyping, but he’s nowhere to be seen on that 2-deep. Wonder what the story is there.

Maybe Blades didn’t qualify? I know Oregon didn’t think he would. But Aggy has pulled off qualifying miracles before 

6 minutes ago, Jojen said:

Blades. He's out with a minor injury - SloNeal also out with a finger injury. Blades has been penciled in to start -- but he struggled a bit and then has had an injury, so ... 

Edited by golfclap

3 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Holy fuck. The whole ******* top ranked kids that have committed since July 17th lines and the commits he would steal from each SEC team. What happened on July 16? Just wow.

"Would Steal"  That's rich.  I also "would" give Kate B. the best 19 seconds of her life...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

So Leon might just be getting processed at this point

EBih7ZqX4AEat-H?format=png&name=360x360EBih8GWWwAA2YOz?format=png&name=360x360EBih80mX4AYhsGX?format=png&name=360x360

52 minutes ago, Fug said:

O’neal seems like the type that if things don’t go his way, he will probably implode and do so publicly on social media. 

I cannot wait for O’Neal’s meltdown. I expect it to be public and outstanding. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

jfc

EBi--4MWkAE6snM?format=png&name=360x360EBi_AcqXkAUpa3e?format=png&name=360x360

You could cut and paste this from the hiring Fran, Sherman, and Sumlin. Just about word for word. Even the absurd lie that this clown has talked to parents of recruits, people in the program, blah blah blah fits in with their stories of why the riots they started were started by someone else or how visitors just looooooooove Aggies because they're sooooooooooo classy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TBGFL said:

Yeah, no implosion tendencies from Jimbo Fisher at all. Coaches who throw coffee in staffers faces and get forced to go to Anger Management classes by the FSU president need not apply.

yup none.. no implosion tendencies when things arent going his way...none what so ever (im amazed at how i continue to get amazed at the delusion but here we are)

"Bring your Ass down here and say that"

Edited by Froghorn717
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

jfc

Lulz, so our current AD is doing everything he can to support Herman, while the FSU AD was actively trying to push Fisher out the door. The aggy AD that hired Fisher left before a calendar year, not too mention Fisher has already run off his best recruiter and OL coach in less than a year since taking the aggy job.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

jfc

"Now he has a place that is fully behind him"

Translation: "We're a middling program so desperate for national relevancy that we will put up with Fisher's shit and volatile personality when his previous employer wouldn't."

Edited by TBGFL
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That middle post says “tu” 6 times to tell his fellow ags to stop thinking about us. 

Haha, yep. “We need to stop thinking about, fretting over tu, ya da, ya da”, then immediately continues to think about and fret over “tu”

As for aggy and their stupid "great attendance" myth:

Since the start of the 2017 football season and the first four home games of 2018, scanned tickets have accounted for 72.8 percent of the announced attendance, according to figures obtained through an open records request.

Per an A&M spokesperson, the official attendance number represents the amount of tickets sold, a common practice at the college level.

The biggest disparity came last year, when the Aggies hosted Louisiana-Lafayette for an 11 a.m. kickoff. While Kyle Field had a paid attendance of 98,412, only 63,089 tickets were scanned (64.1 percent).

...in the SEC, have an average of 76,924 scanned tickets compared with 66,174 for "group of five" games.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/11/13/many-fans-actually-show-texas-ams-football-games-kyle-field

• Like 3

Can you imagine if we played the Horns in the Sugar or Cotton Bowl?

No, actually, I can't. At least, not as long as Jimbo is the aggy coach. Maybe if they manage to catch lightning in a bottle a decade or so from now they might be competitive enough to get to one of those bowls, but with this roster? With this coaching staff?

Um... no. I have an easier time seeing Kentucky getting to that point, honestly.

38 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Them saying no one likes Herman and he has serious implosion tendencies while Jimbo Fisher is their HC, is about the most aggy thing I can think of, other than them giving Jimbo a 20__ National Title trophy before he had ever coached game there, of course.

The fact that they spent more time recognizing Jimbo with that trophy than they did recognizing the other team that was there to accept a trophy, says a lot about that cult.