Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Bleacher report helping push that coaster up just a bit further. 7, lol.  Of course Texags already speaking if they can beat LSU and Barn, they’ll be the second SEC pick for playoffs once Bama beat UGA. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2867723-college-football-preseason-top-25-rankings-post-2019-early-signing-period#slide1

16 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Bleacher report helping push that coaster up just a bit further. 7, lol.  Of course Texags already speaking if they can beat LSU and Barn, they’ll be the second SEC pick for playoffs once Bama beat UGA. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2867723-college-football-preseason-top-25-rankings-post-2019-early-signing-period#slide1

Their schedule is such pure creampuff that it'll look smart for long enough that everyone will forget about it.

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Their schedule is such pure creampuff that it'll look smart for long enough that everyone will forget about it.

I thought about that, but I figure if there’s any even remotely helmet type school that’s doing well, they’ll get the nod.  Like wiscy this year type. Maybe not.  I don’t know, I’m not certain they’ll beat both the Miss schools again. As you know, they’ve only accomplished that twice. 

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

Let's pull this out of that mess for posterity

They really do Tom Herman zero favors with these rankings but it's what Carrington and that contingent on the Texas staff plus the Bathwater Bunch spend an inordinate amount of time lobbying for. 

If we learned anything from recruiting in the latter Mack Brown years, it is that it's really easy to sign a bunch of paper tigers. And there is more than ample evidence to support that players that commit to UT get a bump in their ratings. But holy lack of self awareness Batman. I would like to direct Chin Pubes to the stellar track record of the Lucci 44, where he has taken "doing zero favors" to coaching staffs by overating high school football players to an art form. 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, texifornia said:

Let's pull this out of that mess for posterity

Keep an eye on their class down the stretch, too, as they're already cooking the books on the rankings. Jake Majors might be the most overrated football prospect in America per his No. 1 guard in the nation ranking on ESPN. Hudson Card sneaking in 20 spots higher than Haynes King (absurd). On 247, you have Andrej Karic coming in just one spot behind Fadil Diggs (look at their recruitments, Diggs being the New Jersey player of the year and the tape) and Diggs ranking around 30 spots behind Prince Dorbah (again, watch the damn tape). Jerrin Thompson ranking ahead of Antonio Johnson and Xavion Alford sliding in about 50 spots higher than the safety who the Ags beat out Alabama for (again, watch the actual football tape, fellas). How about Chris Morris coming in behind Logan Parr, Karic and Jaylen Garth (despite the fact Garth missed most of his senior year) and Akinola coming in waaaaay behind that? It's criminal the work these scabs have done this season yet the Ags are STILL likely to finish sixth in the composite. They really do Tom Herman zero favors with these rankings but it's what Carrington and that contingent on the Texas staff plus the Bathwater Bunch spend an inordinate amount of time lobbying for. 

Who the fuck is the Bathwater Bunch?

20 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Keep an eye on their class down the stretch, too, as they're already cooking the books on the rankings. Jake Majors might be the most overrated football prospect in America per his No. 1 guard in the nation ranking on ESPN. Hudson Card sneaking in 20 spots higher than Haynes King (absurd). On 247, you have Andrej Karic coming in just one spot behind Fadil Diggs (look at their recruitments, Diggs being the New Jersey player of the year and the tape) and Diggs ranking around 30 spots behind Prince Dorbah (again, watch the damn tape). Jerrin Thompson ranking ahead of Antonio Johnson and Xavion Alford sliding in about 50 spots higher than the safety who the Ags beat out Alabama for (again, watch the actual football tape, fellas). How about Chris Morris coming in behind Logan Parr, Karic and Jaylen Garth (despite the fact Garth missed most of his senior year) and Akinola coming in waaaaay behind that? It's criminal the work these scabs have done this season yet the Ags are STILL likely to finish sixth in the composite. They really do Tom Herman zero favors with these rankings but it's what Carrington and that contingent on the Texas staff plus the Bathwater Bunch spend an inordinate amount of time lobbying for. 

The frustration is so palpable here that there is zero chance he didn't break down in tears before he finished this.

16 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

it's a little ridiculous that QB Kellen Mond isn't being mentioned in the way-too-early Heisman conversation. That might be largely due to his atrocious outing in the season finale against LSU, but cut the guy some slack. It was the end of a long year full of tough defenses and disappointing losses, and that game unraveled in a hurry.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Harvdog said:

I read the article.  The guy obviously has never watched aggy play. He’s writing based on FSU Jimbo.  They have a cakewalk schedule next year and still won’t beat Alabama, Auburn, or LSU.  They will be 4th in the West.....again.  

Best three loss team in the nation. Ignore the other nine games on the schedule. Put it on the wall 

49 minutes ago, Deej said:

Best three loss team in the nation. Ignore the other nine games on the schedule. Put it on the wall 

No Tua, No Burrow, No Auburn OL or DL and Mond is coming back for his senior year to cement his top pick status. You don’t Looch much do you???

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 9:03 PM, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

11:33a 

Staff

AG

Quote:

Did Zach Evans sign? Let's just get it out of the way to start.

I don't know that for a fact but everything I've heard has him having signed with UGA. I've also heard what everyone else has and that's him trying to get out of it but I don't see that one happening.

Quote:

Starting O line for next year?

Someone (Olin) asked this very question Monday. I have no idea nor does the position coach or head coach at this point because so much will depend on the development of guys like Luke Matthews, Layden Robinson and the true freshmen. If I were going to guess, however, I'd say maybe something that involved Kenyon Green sliding out to tackle with Dan Moore or Carson Green possibly moving inside (where I believe both would have their best shot at enjoying NFL careers, fwiw) and the other remaining at right tackle. At guard I think we'll see one of those two tackles plus either Hocker or a true freshman and I really like the idea of Chris Morris being here early and going through an off-season and spring ball. Center? Either McCollum or Matthews if Luke has a good off-season and excels this spring. Long story short, I expect the unit to look a lot different next fall and there are a lot of different ways to get there. The last thing I'm expecting is it to be the same four guys plus a senior in McCollum.

Quote:

What is your go-to white elephant gift?

A free year of TexAgs on a gift card? Not really, but I'm sure that one would get stolen away at most parties. It really changes depending on the crowd. Is it corny or is it super cheap or is the limit higher? It all depends.

Quote:

How many more years of TA do you have in the tank?

I don't see myself not doing this. Even when I get older I can just scale back the writing but still be active on the boards and radio and chat. Hell, some of you might like it more if I'm just banging out answers on the Premium forum and appearing on radio. Let's put it this way, I plan on ramping it up before dialing it back. Got some great ideas for better, more easily consumed content that will probably make everyone feel like they're getting even more than they already are, which is never a bad thing.

Quote:

Who starts at WR next year?

Again, these are tough questions to answer due to so many options. Wide receiver is probably the toughest, to be honest. Jhamon Ausbon and from there it's anyone's guess. I feel like folks are focusing on the usual suspects (I still think one of the two between Quartney and Kendrick go) like those two, Ausbon and an ATH like Ainias but don't rule out a veteran like Preston or the first-year guys who actually have been impressive on the scout team, dudes like Dylan Wright, Kam Brown and speedster Chase Lane. Throw in Demond Demas, Muhsin Muhammad III and Devin Price and my goodness is Dameyune Craig going to have some options to sort through. I'll say this much: I am 100% convinced we're going to see a deeper rotation next fall in terms fo guys who actually play as I believe that's something the head coach would like to see more of.

Quote:

What's the deal with Richardson? Does it look like he's leaving?

You want my opinion? I'd be pleasantly surprised if we didn't see his name eventually added to the transfer list. He's not in any sort of trouble or anything like that so I want to make that clear for the kid before any sort of negative speculation took hold, however. Just think it's going to be tough for him to get back out there but hopefully I'm wrong because he's a real talent.

Quote:

How do we finish recruiting at RB?

Too early to tell but don't underestimate the gaping roster hole right now and how that will impact the decisions of some prospects still out there once A&M engages and they realize the lack of numbers and the opportunity in Aggieland. There's not a guarantee that the Ags will take another but it's highly likely. If I were to guess the most attainable option I'd probably go with Frank Brown of Houston Sterling. And word we've heard is that the Aggies are very interested. You have to factor guys like Javonne and McKinnley Jackson or even a big-name grad transfer (at RB or another position) into the January mix, as well, so it's not like A&M will reach for a lesser back and pass on landing a five-star talent at DT (Jackson is that good, as everyone will find out when his recruitment heats up next month) and a potential franchise offensive tackle.

Quote:

Who do we finish with in 2020 recruiting and any chance Corbin drops out of transfer portal?

There's still a chance that the Ags could pull Corbin back but I haven't heard anything over the last few days that would encourage me that he's going to stick around. I'll work on getting an update prior to the bowl. I've heard on my end that Florida flat-out tampered here so if he ends up with the Gators, Dan Mullen may end up having some explaining to do. See above for how the Ags could finish in the backfield.

Quote:

Does the team have any sort of extra activities in Houston as part of their bowl experience? Like a steak-eating contest or Mario Kart tourney, etc?

Well last night was the rodeo thing and they'll be going to visit some youngsters in the hospital tomorrow. Press conference and a big luncheon involving both teams on Thursday and then it's game time.

Quote:

What're you getting me for Christmas?

How about a 'get out of jail free card' for the next time you're banned. You can use it on someone else if you're a generally well-mannered poster.

Quote:

What's the latest on Eli Stowers' injury, treatment, and recovery? I hope he gets to do track in the spring and football in the fall.

Howell's update (PCL) was the last we've gotten. No word yet on the recovery but it sounded like football in the fall was much more likely than track in the spring. We'll keep you guys posted. Jason is very well connected there.

Quote:

Is Die Hard the greatest Christmas movie of all time?

Well according to Robert Williams, it's the Halloween series. And, no, it's not the greatest though I wouldn't argue that it isn't a Christmas movie. I'd go with A Christmas Story, Love Actually, the original Frosty and Rudolphs (though those are really shows), Elf and then a couple of the classics over Die Hard. If we're counting Die Hard then you could also count Home Alone or even freaking Gremlins for that matter.

Quote:

Who are the biggest idiots out there on social media who post mindless crap just to get clicks/attention? example: Joel Klatt.

In my opinion, Joel Klatt is No.1 and Danny Kannell is second. I am a big Tim Brando guy but do think he's jumped the shark on the whole playoff thing lately, as well. Some of these guys just try so damn hard to prove that there is an SEC bias that they don't realize how much they're out there perpetuated an anti-SEC bias that's even stronger. Klatt is the one I have zero tolerance for because he's become such a paid shill for any of the leagues Fox covers. It's just so blatantly obvious and premeditated. Just deliberately misleading and dishonest, IMO. The thing is, no one is listening and he's had zero impact on changing any opinions so it's really not worth getting too frustrated about his love affair with the Big 12, the Texas Longhorns and hating on the SEC.

Quote:

Do we lose any coaches after the bowl game?

That stuff usually happens right after the bowl game. Certainly signs point to Finley leaving to join his best friend Jeff Lebby at Ole Miss. Very few teams make it out of a season without having to replace at least one assistant or more. That's today's college football, with so many changes at the top year after year there is certainly a domino effect that's greater now than it's ever been.

Quote:

Who do you think tu ends up with at OC? Think it'll end up being a 'meh' hire?

It'll end up being a 'meh' hire and we'll hear about how the new guy was hand-picked by Herman and how he's going to turn 'Meh'linger into the 2020 Heisman winner. It's what they do in Austin. Overmatched staff, remember? Keep an eye on their class down the stretch, too, as they're already cooking the books on the rankings. Jake Majors might be the most overrated football prospect in America per his No. 1 guard in the nation ranking on ESPN. Hudson Card sneaking in 20 spots higher than Haynes King (absurd). On 247, you have Andrej Karic coming in just one spot behind Fadil Diggs (look at their recruitments, Diggs being the New Jersey player of the year and the tape) and Diggs ranking around 30 spots behind Prince Dorbah (again, watch the damn tape). Jerrin Thompson ranking ahead of Antonio Johnson and Xavion Alford sliding in about 50 spots higher than the safety who the Ags beat out Alabama for (again, watch the actual football tape, fellas). How about Chris Morris coming in behind Logan Parr, Karic and Jaylen Garth (despite the fact Garth missed most of his senior year) and Akinola coming in waaaaay behind that? It's criminal the work these scabs have done this season yet the Ags are STILL likely to finish sixth in the composite. They really do Tom Herman zero favors with these rankings but it's what Carrington and that contingent on the Texas staff plus the Bathwater Bunch spend an inordinate amount of time lobbying for. 

Quote:

How big a deal is this RB situation, short and long term?

I think it's a bigger deal short-term as in this coming season. Beyond that, I think things will be just fine. The Ags could very well strike it rich at the position in '21 and, with time, I think we'll realize that Devon Achane and Spiller are a pretty nice 1-2 and that Deondre Jackson is better than you think. There are also options out there in January and I could see the Ags adding one more, Corbin could return (though I don't expect it) and, you never know, someone from another position could impress between now and spring ball.

Quote:

What's your new years resolution for 2020?

Travel more, better the subscription product, waste less time on people who don't deserve it and stress less about a job that I love 99% of. Those and to ban more posters. That's a resolution you guys can hold me to as I aim to improve the site for everyone.

Quote:

Two years in, what impresses you most about Jimbo Fisher's Texas Aggies?

The commitment to 'building a program' and doing it methodically with a long run of excellence as the ultimate goal and the level at which the Aggies are recruiting. Player development is going to be one the third part of this deal, as well. Watch. You can already see it happening.

Quote:

We are neighbors.... you putting up Christmas lights?

I've never done it and mean to do it every single year. I need to hire someone to do it to where I just make a phone call and write a check and it's done. On an unrelated note, want to dogsit New Year's Eve?

Quote:

Kind of a big picture recruiting question for next year...Do you think we'll be more selective with offers and early takes seeing how we should have a veteran team and great schedule to have a big year? Seems like this year there were some big names we could of landed if we had the spots. Thanks for doing these.

I think so, yes. But then again, in hindsight, there are probably a couple of instances where the Aggies wished they would have taken a guy or pushed for a guy earlier than they did because they may have had him had they done so. Back to your question, yes, I do think the Ags will be pretty selective in terms of early takes but I also think they'll get off to a pretty fast start this spring, if that makes any sense. You just have to trust your evaluations and know that you're getting difference-makers and filling needs with high-end SEC talent, whether it's early or late.

Quote:

Is OSU's DL able to out class & out physical our OL?

Not like the SEC teams that did so and Clemson. I think OSU is more like South Carolina or Mississippi State in the defensive trenches. They're solid and have some good players but not like UGA, Bama, Clemson or LSU. The Aggie OL is still going to have show up and play much better than the mess we saw versus LSU or much of the Georgia game, however. Performances like the ones against State and the Gamecocks are more of what Jimbo Fisher will need from his blockers.

Quote:

Anymore insight into the Cordarrian Richardson news?

I offered up some insight a few questions up but there's a little mystery there. What I can say is that I don't believe he's practiced at all during bowl prep so it's not like this is something that just popped up prior to Jimbo meeting the media on Sunday. They've been preparing to play without his services for three weeks now and won't roll into battle with Spiller and a backup quarterback who recently began playing the position behind him and nothing else.

Quote:

How well do we match up with okie state and what is your prediction for the game? Where do you see us being most successful in exploiting their weaknesses? Thank you for doing this and have a very Merry Christmas!!

I think this is actually a pretty tough matchup for A&M because of the fact that Pokes will have their running quarterback back and they can be balanced on offense, including attacking the Aggie secondary vertically and exploiting the Ags' lack of speed on the back end. They also play a funky little style of defense, the type that has tended to give the Aggie offense (and Kellen Mond) problems in the past. Not big problems, mind you, just the type that will make the Ags maybe less explosive than they'd like to be and have to work their way down the field. Similar to what we saw in the very first game of the season against Texas State. Of all of the Big 12 teams outside of OU, I think Baylor and OSU would have been the toughest matchups for the Ags. With that said, I certainly believe A&M is going to prove pretty problematic for the Pokes, as well. I like the Ags power game on offense against a smaller Oklahoma State front and I like Mond in the designed run game. I also like A&M's receivers getting chances against the OSU secondary and think they'll find themselves much more open than they have the past two outings versus LSU and Georgia. Defensively, OSU is used to running wild and I think Elko's defensive scheme will make the sledding much tougher than Hubbard and Gundy are used to. Losing Madubuike certainly hurts in that regard. I'm not one of those who feels like standing on a soapbox on the issue and don't think Justin committed any sort of heinous act by not playing but I do think not playing in a bowl game when you're a projected second-round choice or so isn't the smart play. I think he hurt himself by not playing and it certainly hurts the Ags' defensive effort against the nation's No. 1 rusher.

Quote:

What makes a HC a great recruiter? Jimbo was 7-5 this year, but had a great class - what separates the good recruiters from the great ones based on your experience covering this industry?

In my 20 years plus of doing this, I've never seen a head coach more genuinely into embracing the grind of the recruiting process than Jimbo. In fact, it doesn't really even seem like a grind to him. He enjoys building the relationships more so than most college coaches, he embraces the competitive aspect of it and might like identifying prospects before the other big schools jump on them as much as anything else. Long story short, it starts because he doesn't view recruiting as some sort of burden but rather an essential and enjoyable aspect of the job. Second, he's incredibly genuine - with kids, coaches, families - and that's something that separates the good recruiters from the great ones.

Quote:

When will the whiners on this board finally stop whining?? The future is insanely bright. I don't get it.

I don't get it either. It's incredibly frustrating to listen to and even worse when the folks go on twitter who have decent little followings and act that way every time they get all up in their feelings and their outlet is to ridicule A&M's misfortune in some form or fashion to a couple or few thousand followers. It's quite pitiful, really.

Quote:

When did you stop believing in Santa?

I really don't remember but probably pretty early. I don't think my dad is really the type who was going to let that one fester longer than it needed to and he certainly wouldn't have let my mom drag it out. Let's just put it this way: I'm willing to bet it was a couple of years earlier than Brauny, who was probably well into elementary school in Nederland before the other kids had to break it to him.

Quote:

Ive heard Jimbo mention how he recruits three years at a time. This 2021 class will be the first class he will have had three as the Head Coach in Aggie Land. I believe it may be the best class we will have signed to date and I think we are already seeing that in the first two commits. Do you agree or disagree that this class being, Jimbo's first with three years at it, will be even better than what we have seen so far?

I agree with you and it's also worth noting that it will be his first class during which the entire cycle will be filled with positive momentum. I guess the first one was, as well, and look what he did. New coaching hire energy followed by a nice year on the field. This year, you'll have a lot of build up heading into the season and the Ags should open things up with a nice run through September and October if they are even a good team (don't have to be great but even being very good could result in a 7-0 start). Yeah, I think the 2021 class will be Fisher's best to date in Aggieland.

Quote:

Can you make some sense into the O-Line performance. Yes we lost a stud center in McCoy and Sutherland an experienced Veteran. But past that we got a new coach and started a freshman guard and undersized center. The two returning tackles seeming to perform worse than last year. So is the O-line a product of bad coaching, undersized guys, youth, new terminology or assignment mistakes?

I think the easiest way to put it is we were talking about the perfect storm (opposition included) and what we saw was essentially the worst-case scenario play itself out. Things obviously have to look a lot different next year in order for the Aggies to do more than simply beat the teams they're 'supposed to' beat and also to avoid any damaging upset defeats. They did so this year but just barely when they had a very hard time blocking Ole Miss and even Arkansas.

Quote:

Do you expect Kam Brown and/or Dylan Wright to play?

I will circle back on this one today and fill in the answer. Two guys I'm pretty excited about seeing during spring ball though, I can promise you that.

Quote:

Any young guys stand out during bowl practice? I'm assuming some of them got more work.

Same as above. I'll circle back.

Quote:

Why is our RB recruiting not a slam dunk, given our lack of depth and being only one season removed from having the SEC's leading rusher?

Good question. I would have thought for sure the Ags would have landed one more of their primary targets this cycle - Evans, Daniyel Ngata, EJ Smith, even Seth McGowan. We'll never really know whether or not Ngata would have committed and stuck 2-3 weeks ago or how much the Ags' continued pursuit of Evans impacted Smith. I did hear at the time that Smith began acting a little differently when A&M landed Achane so it's possible that the numbers were something he was watching very closely. I'll be interested to see how the Aggies close out the position in January and if they're able to surprise and land someone everyone feels good about. Achane and Spiller in back-to-back classes represent a couple of big wins but the numbers needed to (and need to) be higher. Even if they add a stud to close it out, landing two high four-star types (or better) next cycle feels like a must.

Quote:

For big time recruits like Evans or Achane, Donell Harris, etc ... what are the final phone conversations like with the coaches before a signing day (i.e. what do they discuss), and what have you seen Jimbo do differently at closing that previous coaches haven't?

No idea what to say to that one other than the obvious as they're trying to hold other big-time programs off. I think closing happens long before that final night or weekend before Signing Day. It's all about the relationships that have been built and how strong those ties are. It's why Howell made it a point to stress that he didn't envision Chris Morris flipping despite visiting Ole Miss on the weekend before NSD. His connection with Fisher was too strong for Lane Kiffin to break. Lots of examples like that. Fisher and his staff are outstanding when it comes to this stuff.

Quote:

Which 2020 early enrollee will benefit the most from getting here in January? Of those early enrollees who do you expect to be day one contributors?

I think it's Jaylon Jones, Fadil Diggs and Chris Morris. So much opportunity there for all three and the fact they're coming in early only helps the odds of those guys making a major impact as true freshmen. Day-one contributors? Diggs, Jones, Moose and possibly Morris or Isaiah Raikes.

Quote:

Top 3 for the Cowboys job?

No telling what Jerry will do. I bet he kicks the tires on Urban and it wouldn't surprise me to hear our good buddy Dan Campbell's name mentioned if the Saints make a Super Bowl run. Not sure who else but I'm sure Jerry and Stephen will go after someone completely off the radar because they are and have always been the smartest men in the room and it's worked out wonderfully for them up until this point.

Quote:

Do you invest with Stephen Richard McGee?

I plan to, yes. This off-season it's go time with myself and McLurk.

Quote:

Trick plays...does Jimbo run them? I would think we have the personnel to run a few.

Haven't seen many of them, have we? Who knows whether or not we see one in the bowl. Doesn't really seem to be Jimbo's MO.

Quote:

If the Texas Bowl wasn't matched up with Big 12 would you like it better? Seems it's a better option for Aggies than Charlotte or Memphis but the repeat of Big 12 opponents takes some of the appeal. Wondering if you felt it was similar?

Yeah, I do feel the same way to some extent. But isn't playing Oklahoma State or KSU or OU (or even Baylor, Tech, TCU or Texas) not better than seeing West Virginia, NC State, Louisville, Duke or Wake Forest??? Here's the good news: I truly believe we're about to see the Aggies go on a run (one that lasts several years) where they are playing themselves 'up' the bowl ladder. What I'm talking about are playoffs, NY6 and the Citrus and Outback. The New Year's Day and New Year's Six stuff. I think bowls like the ones the Ags have played in every year since the end of their first in the conference will be able to host Jimbo Fisher's squad only an off 'down year.'

Quote:

Is it possible or even probable (considering what Jimbo said about the transfer portal in this new age of recruiting) that we sign a full class of 25 again in 2021?

Absolutely possible. And probable.

Quote:

Thoughts on the Sam Pittman (and subsequent coordinator) hires at Arky?

Think it was a below-average hire at the time but I do love what he did with his DC hire. Kendall Briles is overrated, IMO, but he'll make them exciting and they will score as soon as they upgrade things at the quarterback position. Solid but far from spectacular but getting Odom to run the defense was big.

Quote:

What chances do you think there are that Kenyon green moves out to tackle next season?

I think it's a pretty strong possibility. I still think he's the best tackle on the roster in terms of raw talent at the position.

Quote:

How's the love life?

Can't answer that one for now. I'm working on it.

Quote:

How much of a difference will Henson make in helping Elko prepare for OSU's offense?

I'm sure he will help but I do tend to think those connections tend to be a little overrated. Doesn't hurt but with that much time to prepare, you know most of what they've done over the course of a season via film study and tendencies, etc.

Quote:

What are your top three favorite movies of all time?

Oh, I'm just not sure on that one. Such a tough question. Goodfellas for sure. Bronx Tale and Pulp Fiction I also love. True Romance was a sleeper and Tom Hanks made the cut in Catch Me if You Can. Good Will Hunting is up there. Troy and Tombstone. Legends of the Fall. Then there were the ones when I was a kid. Goonies, Star Wars, Rocky and those types. And then there are the comedies, which we could go on for days with. That was just me brainstorming. I'm probably missing so many others. I'll try to consolidate.

Quote:

Have you taught Buzz the correct name of this website or does he still call it TexasAgs.com?

Haha he still calls it TexasAgs but I'm good with it! Great win for Buzz last weekend and I've got zero doubt in my mind where he's going to ultimately take this program. Just be patient and it will happen.

Quote:

We have to lose 8-10 players to attrition to make the numbers fit. How does the coaches approach this from a practical stand point?

Well, there will be some that you lose who you don't want to due to academics, early entry to the draft or even transfers who you don't want to see leave under any circumstances (Corbin). That happens everywhere. The numbers will work out and it's not like Jimbo is even having to push guys out because there are so many who can just look at the depth chart and see that younger guys are playing or that they're approaching the end of their eligibility and the chances at playing time aren't looking good.

Quote:

Also, most the recent OL recruits have been for the interior of the line. Which recruits/players do we have for the right side and left side tackle?

I don't know who the 'pure tackles' are if any but Chris Morris can play tackle and so can Layden Robinson and Kenyon Green from last year's class. This is where Javonne Shepherd would be big, as well.

Quote:

Is Glen Beal coming back to play TE and be in the rotation or will he be moving positions to get playing time?

Yes. He's coming back to play tight end and to be in the rotation.

Quote:

Based on your analysis of Henson and our OL how much do you expect our OL to improve next year?

So many variables there. Even if we're just talking about personnel shuffling and the new options coming in (plus the 'new' guys who were on the roster last year as youngsters but didn't play).

Quote:

What is one adjustment you'd like to see the program take (facilities, dedicated staff, etc.) moving forward? If there's another school that already does that, how do you feel it has benefited them?

I just think keep growing in the direction you're growing and continue to stay ahead of the facilities arms race. As simple as that. The Aggies are at the front end of things with all of this stuff and just need to keep pushing.

Quote:

Johnny update? Is he hoping to play professionally anymore? If not, how about joining the SEC Nation and do what Tebow does.. he would be great!

I've been talking to him about doing some TV stuff and maybe even SECNetwork. I think he'd do an incredible job once he was fully committed to it. It's just a matter of him being ready to go all-in because there's no halfway.

Quote:

How much do you think Demas contributes next year? He's an incredible talent, but a lot of the time highly touted freshmen don't come in and crack the depth chart in year 1 as fans expect. I just know this board will be a disaster next season if Demas isn't playing a lot.

Let's just stop predicting and willing disasters around here, okay? Good question though. I think Demas makes a significant contribution as a true freshman next year. The offense isn't easy to learn but he's next level good and will have a big impact. I think by mid-season he's going to be a real issue for opposing defenses but, yes, it will simply be a launching off point for a pretty incredible career.

Quote:

Is it possible to create a TexAgs user transfer portal so we can give some of the consistently negative "experts" other options to take their comments elsewhere and share their "wisdom" with other boards?

I'd love to see it. That portal has always existed. It's called canceling your sub. Unfortunately, it's the biggest complainers who can't live without it.

Quote:

Who grades out as Day 1 NFL draft picks in the next 2 drafts that we have on the roster? This would include some projection on the new signing class.

Next two? As in this year and next year? You said the new signing class but none of those guys can go in the next two save Brian George. And by Day 1, which rounds are you talking about because now it's only Round 1. Let's say top three rounds. This year? It might just be Madubuike. Probably would only be him. Next year, Mond and Ausbon will have chances pending how their senior years go. Maybe Bobby Brown with a breakout junior season and that's probably about it, to be honest. Not a lot in the way of departing seniors the next two seasons.

Quote:

Do you expect Colton Blanton back for spring ball?

He's been injured his entire time here so he'll have to decide whether or not he'll continue to give it a go. I haven't heard anything about him hanging up the cleats, no.

Quote:

We have not had a lot of YAC among wide receivers this season - clearly not like LSU or Bama. How much is due to scheme vs pass location vs speed/ability of receivers?

I think YAC has everything to do with guys catching the ball in stride and actually being open. I think that's been the biggest issue this season - not enough guys open behind the defense or running across the middle to catch it and not be drug down right after the catch. Need more speed, need more blocking for those guys to have an extra second to get more open, as well.

Quote:

How do you see our defense perform against OSU's offense and their RB?

See above where I answered something similar. Not sure how far up but I kind of talk about the defense without Madubuike and where OSU's offense scares me.

Quote:

How many points we need to score to beat OSU?

I'll say in the low to mid-30s.

Quote:

What's our chances with McKinnley Jackson?

I think if Signing Day were today, McKinnley would be an Aggie. Thing is, the dude is a five-star talent (more horrific rankings) who literally every single team in the South will make a hard run at in January. Ags will be right there in it but that's going to be a very tough recruitment to win. A&M is all in, however, and the reality is that one of those 'ships saved was essentially for the chance to add Jackson.

Quote:

What position groups do you expect to show the most improvement next year and why?

Secondary. Another big jump, this time even bigger. Jones and Joshuah Moten (both mid-termers) George and hopefully a healthy Blades in the mix at corner. Year three for Leon, year two for Demani plus Brian Wlliams and Erick Young, a couple of experienced seniors and Antonio Johnson coming in to push at safety. Most improved position on the team, IMO.

Quote:

Devon Achane impressed me in the playoffs with his ability to run between the tackles, but I was also quite impressed with his abilities as a receiver. I still believe that he is more of a third down back or a very dangerous option in a 2 back set where he can move out to the slot, but his last sideline reception in the finals was fantastic. He showed that he is also a natural receiver. Do you think that we will see him line up as a deep threat WR within the next 2 years?

Yes. I think you'll see him line up all over the formation, including as a deep threat at receiver. As a running back, I wouldn't be too quick to simply pigeonhole him into being a 'third down' guy. He could be a 15-20 touch per game guy at some point along the way and I don't see how he's not compared more to freaking Reggie Bush when you actually watch the guy play. He's not quite Reggie but, damn, he really does do a lot of the same things with the ball in his hands and especially as a pass-catcher.

Quote:

Will we have Any interest in Rakeem Boyd returning as grad transfer?

I guess this was asked before seeing him returning for his senior season in Fayetteville. It sounded interesting as I was reading this question though. Wouldn't that have made for quite a story. To think he was on campus here and looks like the perfect Jimbo Fisher back but is now wasting away on bad teams in Arkansas. The good news for Rakeem is that he's stuck with it and has turned into a hell of a good college football player.

Quote:

thoughts on SEC coaching changes so far...in particular, some of the coordinator hires.

I think Pittman will be looked at as a solid hire for Arkansas...especially with his coordinator hires. Kiffin? I think that will be fun but I don't trust him long term as handling the position and that whole deal working out.

Quote:

Can you please update on OT Shepherd? Is high still high on your wish list?

Very high on the wish list and probably even higher on the Ags' wish list. It all depends on whether or not he'd be able to transfer right in for the spring semester or go the JC route. I think Shep is awaiting word, per our last report.

Quote:

Does the recent transfer portal entrance of Corbin and the miss on our primary RB targets change the way Jimbo will look to utilize Achane? I didn't get the impression we want him as an every-down back, but might not have a choice now?

See above. That scenario didn't have much at all to do with how the Aggies are planning to use Achane but it certainly clears some space for him to make an earlier-than-expected impact.

Quote:

How's the OL depth looking? Are there any of the younger guys that will likely push returning starters for snaps?

See above.

Quote:

What is team mindset going into this bowl game? Any lingering effects you've noticed from LSU game or do you think they've moved on and are focused on beating Okie State?

Haven't noticed any lingering effects. I'd be very surprised if the Aggies didn't come to play much like they did last year in Jacksonville. I can promise you Gundy will have OSU ready so they'd better be prepared to play four quarters of intense football.

Quote:

I know it's insanely early.. but wanted to get your high level thoughts on the Auburn matchup next fall and our probability for a victory on the road (Which should result in a 10-0 start). As you know, Auburn will be losing a ton of senior starters on both sides of the ball. I think the next step for us is to start a winning streak against them (like we did against the Miss schools this year). Merry Christmas!

I'm not sure about any type of extended win streak against an Auburn program that is clearly reached a top-15 level under Gus but I'd love to see the Ags go win at Jordan-Hare this year and then make it two in a row at Kyle in 2021. Definitely don't need to be losing three straight to them and Jimbo certainly doesn't want to start 0-3 against Malzahn. I do think it's a rebuilding year for War Eagle and if the game was at Kyle I'd feel great about A&M winning. As is, there's no doubt the Aggies will field the more experienced team and Auburn's defense and offensive line both look to take a big step back. That is shaping up as being a monster game for the Ags and maybe the trajectory of the program but, like you said, it is, in fact, 'insanely early.'

Quote:

3 dirtiest recruiters you have heard of this decade? Can be HC or position coach. Provide as much detail as you possibly can. Go.

This decade? I'm not going to go into detail but Hugh Freeze sits way up on my list, as does Urban and Saint Nick. Ed O has had that reputation for a long time, as well. I trust Kirby and Dabo about as far as I could throw them, too. Just one man's opinion and nothing more.

Quote:

Passwaters flat out said today that Evans told Jimbo the Sunday before signing day he was coming to A&M and that Jimbo conveyed that information to the Smiths the next day. Told them we still wanted EJ but that Evans was coming too - that's when Smith balked at coming to A&M....said Evans flat out lied to us. True or False...or will we ever get the true story.

I don't let what other sites or writers say affect me provided I've got my own sources on any given subject so, even though I like Mark a lot and consider him a good friend in the biz, I'm more concerned with what I flat out said while we're discussing things in the forum with my name on it. I don't think Evans told Jimbo it was done and, if he did, I think Jimbo has done this recruiting thing for way too long than to go all in on thinking that Evans wasn't highly likely to change his mind. I think the info conveyed to EJ was nothing more than not lying and saying they'd stop recruiting Zach if Smith committed. If anything, EJ was the one on board and then backed out late, not the other way around.

Quote:

Do you think we get a fair shake from the SEC powers? Officiating, bowl selection, just seems like we get the short straw a disproportionate amount of the time.

Not entirely positive of that but I don't think it's been anything egregious. I think that all changes once the Ags start winning at a very high level. There's no reason or benefit for the league to hold Texas A&M down. Just the opposite, in fact. But the key to breaking through the glass ceiling is to win big for a couple of years and become one of the 'haves' in the conference because you represent one of the league's best shots at winning it all or competing for it year in and year out. Again, if Clemson and Oregon (to a lesser extent) were able to break the college football caste system, the Aggies can do it, too.

Quote:

Does Brauny take supplements?

I think he'd go to extreme measures in his quest to bench press 700 pounds one day.

Jaylen Garth (despite the fact Garth missed most of his senior year) 

hmm i feel like i have seen him bitching about Demas losing spots due to missing his entire Sr year but sure...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Jaylen Garth (despite the fact Garth missed most of his senior year) 

hmm i feel like i have seen him bitching about Demas losing spots due to missing his entire Sr year but sure...

He did better than that. He said to ignore King’s senior year in favor of his better junior year. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, EZ$ said:

If Jimbo loses 5 games in year 3 with their powder puff schedule, I’ll suck my aunt’s dick. 

I mean according to Sagarin Texas played a top 10 schedule. If you use S&P+ to generate the implied probabilities of victory and expected results for an average team we also have a top 10 schedule according to them as well. If they lose three games next year with that schedule they should just give up on football. Other than LSU and Bama they don't play any team that should be good and LSU and Bama will both be playing with new QBs. 

If Jimbo loses 5 games in year 3 with their powder puff schedule, I’ll suck my aunt’s dick. 
Baring some major injuries to key players, them losing even 4 before the bowl game is almost impossible with the 2020 schedule. Every single team in the B12 not named kansas gets 10 wins with that schedule.

Remember when Herman won an NY6 bowl in year 2? I remember.

Just a few years down the line...

"Overall above average year for Jimbo Fisher at 8-5 in year 5. Thought this might be the year for the ags to take the next step, but they just couldn't quite get over that sec west hump yet again. They're young, though, and other than offensive line, have some great recruits coming in.

Now time to earn that 75 million."

And just a few years after that...

So...the consensus is that Aggy never loses unless 1) everyone else is cheating or 2) the kid is a headcase or 3) the people around them are dirty or 4) everyone is jealous of the success they would have and is doing everything in their power to sabotage Aggy out of jealousy.

That's all of the insight I could get out of those Aggy rants.