2021 Texas Style Rose Bowl - Notre Dame vs Alabama 3PM on ESPN

notre dame joe

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, SDG said:

Go back and read the op that I responded to.  the complaint was ND shouldn't be in the game which is dumb knowing that moving to 8 teams would still include ND...  There are a million arguments for expanding but that logic isn't one of them.  

ND loses in round 1 and doesn’t get to the semis. That’s the point.

Good for ND to score and I know they want these long drives to keep Bama off the field but they work so hard to move the ball and get points. Bama has not even been close to being stopped and it comes so easy. Have they even been on 3rd down on offense today? ND desperately needs a stop here. ND is going to exert so much energy and fight to even score today .

4 minutes ago, SDG said:

Go back and read the op that I responded to.  the complaint was ND shouldn't be in the game which is dumb knowing that moving to 8 teams would still include ND...  There are a million arguments for expanding but that logic isn't one of them.  

You're misinterpreting what I originally wrote and running with it. I never said ND shouldn't be in. My point was that we need 8 teams because there are teams just as deserving that might play Bama tighter than this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I fully expect ND to lose, but there's a lot of teeth gnashing over a 14-7 game. 

Lol. Because that score meant nothing. Look at how hard it was for ND to score. Bama takes the ball and goes down in a handful of plays and matches. 21-7. ND is trash.

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I fully expect ND to lose, but there's a lot of teeth gnashing over a 14-7 game. 

Lol. Because that score meant nothing. Look at how hard it was for ND to score. Bama takes the ball and goes down in a handful of plays and matches. 21-7. ND is trash.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Who gives a shit dude, I'm on record that Oklahoma should be the 4th team, but everyone except Clemson and Ohio State are getting routed by Bama. 

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

At what point do we just accept that this has nothing to do with ND not being a playoff worthy team, and everything to do with the fact that Bama was always going to do this to any team not named Clemson or Ohio state? 

How about both? ND was not playoff worthy. They prove this every time they are selected. 

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

At what point do we just accept that this has nothing to do with ND not being a playoff worthy team, and everything to do with the fact that Bama was always going to do this to any team not named Clemson or Ohio state? 

Bama would likely do the same to tOSU this year. Their secondary is not great.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're misinterpreting what I originally wrote and running with it. I never said ND shouldn't be in. My point was that we need 8 teams because there are teams just as deserving that might play Bama tighter than this. 

Agreed.  This is the point all of us are making that keep saying go to 8 and the quality of these games (semis) will improve. 

Just now, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Who gives a shit dude, I'm on record that Oklahoma should be the 4th team, but everyone except Clemson and Ohio State are getting routed by Bama. 

Texas probably wouldn't get routed. We'd never win in a million years but Herman would find a way to keep it just close enough to infuriate us when we do lose.

3 minutes ago, pops said:

Bama is so much faster at the skill positions. I thought maybe the spread was too high. Might have been too low. 

Its logical but from a purely betting perspective, ND has a habit of playing poor early and subtly making it a game in the third when at the exact time the dominant team tends to slow down.  

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

ND is not trash. Bama is an NCAA dynasty team after 7+ seasons. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If that's your point I agree.  

now back to the game.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, F250 said:

So we keeping Kelly on the list for now?

Quick question for you. How many coaches going right now have beaten Alabama that we can get? I mean if you want Gus Malzhan or us to go after Ed Orgeron than okay. Dabo isn't coming here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

The first time I've seen an argument to expand the playoffs so we can get more losers that will score more in their loss 

IT's actually an argument that we never needed or wanted a playoff.

26 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

true, there were plenty of idiots saying they'll beat ou. they'd get blown the fuck out by ou and we'd probably beat them with the team we finished with

About this time last year ND played ISU and the Irish looked as invincible as Bama does now. 

Just now, mdmost said:

Vandy should just be happy the SEC enjoys keeping them around to guarantee most of the other SEC schools a win each year. 

They'll never get rid of Vandy. They can always point to Vandy in any academic argument to say YEAH BUT SEE WE PLAY SCHOOL DOWN HERE, TOO.