CFP National Championship: Alabama vs Ohio State

NorthTexasCougar

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

"the nation should appreciate Nick Saban"

uh... do we not? Everyone knows we're watching a legend.

Yeah, where did that stupid ass hot take come from?

No shit, Kirk. Saban and Bama are good. Thanks for pointing it out. CFB fans are amazed that you finally picked up on it. 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Perfect response. They don't want the responsibility and work as hard as he does. Plain and simple. He lives and breathes football because that's simply what he loves. Anyone thinking he's retiring this year is wish casting, nothing more. He's still got plenty left in the tank. 

I remember as a young man working 70 hours a week in the food business, but also thinking about it on days off.  The company encouraged the idea of total commitment, by offering free food on days off.  If Saban is thinking about football all of the time, then his assts. get to see him working about 80 hours a week during the season for about 20 weeks, and then he probably cuts all the way back to 60 hours a week for 30 weeks. Throw in a 2 week vacation.  Probably drives most assts. nuts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Wonder what’s greater at this point after the game: our optimism or aggy’s pride in their vicarious national championship?

We are as stupid as the hire every Patriot NFL team in Houston.

We keep hiring national championship coordinators and expecting different results it is the very definition of insanity.

Maybe in 2025 we will pull our heads out of our asses but I highly doubt it. It seems this school finds peace and comfort with the optical rectal conjunction.

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

We keep hiring national championship coordinators and expecting different results it is the very definition of insanity.

Maybe in 2025 we will pull our heads out of our asses but I highly doubt it. It seems this school finds peace and comfort with the optical rectal conjunction.

So LDE?

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

You have a stroke mid-post?

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

This is the first time we've hired a coordinator in 70 years....wtf are you talking about?

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Treefidy said:

What’s underrated is how hard it is to go undefeated in a season.  This was Sabans 2nd undefeated season ever, he now joins that very exclusive club.   There are many other famous names who caught lightning in a bottle and did it once.  

Osborne did it 3 times,  dick muncher at OU did it 4, rapey McJoePa did it 5, Gil Dobie did it 11 times. 

Uh, you're gonna need to be more specific with that phrase.

csb, my great grandfather is on that list.  

seriously that is one of the "c"-est of csbs I've ever read

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

It's already been said, but might as well join the dogpile. Holy shit this post is dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm confused. The same administrators that changed the rules for you to play in the Big 10 championship game?

Same administrators that started season 6 weeks after everyone else and therefore you were gifted a 6 game season? 

Are you mad that you didn't get that TD call?

Snark aside,  what is he asking for? 

2 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I'm confused. The same administrators that changed the rules for you to play in the Big 10 championship game?

Same administrators that started season 6 weeks after everyone else and therefore you were gifted a 6 game season? 

Are you mad that you didn't get that TD call?

Snark aside,  what is he asking for? 

It's literally a joke because of all the stuff you mentioned.

Is it just me or is the least a national championship has been covered the day after the game?  I'm sure ESPN is covering it in good depth on Sportscenter, but this is the least I've seen the game covered in "crossover" media (non sports-oriented outlets) and even the football-related social media seems pretty quiet about the game.  Pretty anticlimactic, I guess.  

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Smart and Dantonio and Napier haven’t done anything?  Lulz. 

No. SEC east? Lol. Losing 2-3 games a year, losing to a 4 loss Texas team, and barely beating Cincy. They're great, dude.  Dantonio? Lol ok, sure thing. Louisiana Lafayette is your "doing something"? Jesus Christ. Take a lap 

Most impressive of many impressive moments for Sarkisian last night - after the blitz that led to the Jones fumble Sarkisian drew up the play on the sideline to attack that same blitz and on the next series they ran it w/ Jones, under heavy pressure, making a superb throw to Harris in the flat for 26 yards and a TD.

No need to wait until halftime to adjust.  Adjusting in game, between possessions.   Impressive. 

• Like 2

Aggy reminds me of when Daingerfield won state in 83.  Daingerfield beat Robinson 22-0 in Area.  It was the closest game that the Tigers played on their way to the state championship.  At the State Championship game, there were a couple of Robinson kids walking around with a banner in the stands basically proclaiming Robinson should be number 2 in the state because they only lost by 22.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Well considering UGA finished the last four seasons with an 83% winning percentage with an average final rank of 5, and should’ve had a title in ‘17, I’d say you’re a complete fucking moron. 

Really? And who all did they play worth a shit, Tesla? I'm sure there isn't SEC bias either, right dumbfuck? Keep moving those goal posts. I'm sure Saban is also very fond of Dantonio and Larry Nassar's situation. But go on, fuckbag. 

Danton up was an excellent CFB coach and as good as anyone in the B1G Ten not named Tressel or Meyer during his era. 

Three conference championships, multiple top 5/10 finishes,  CFP appearance. At a school that has always been a distinct also-ran in that league. His HC winning percentage is .640 and he’ll be a candidate for the CFB Hall of Fame. 

• Like 1

So apparently Sark landed a WR recruit for Texas during halftime!

Steve Wiltfong: Top247 WR committed to Texas at halftime of National Title game after watching Tide's offensive explosion

As Steve Sarkisian was suiting up for Monday night’s National Title game as Alabama’s offensive coordinator, he was putting in work for his next gig making recruiting calls as the head coach of Texas. One of the prospects he chatted up was Lewisville (Texas) High Top247 2022 receiver Armani Winfield. “He had his suit and tie on about to leave the hotel,” Winfield said. “We were really chopping it up about the new era at Texas.”

Sarkisian told Winfield he needed players like him to have the explosive offense he wants to have in Austin. The type of offense that ranked first nationally in passing efficiency this year and second in scoring against an all-SEC schedule and College Football Playoff opponents. The 6-foot-2, 180-pound Winfield then witnessed in the first half Heisman Trophy winner Devonta Smith hauling in 12 passes for 215 yards and three touchdowns in an eventual 52-24 win over Ohio State.

“I saw what he did in the first half and I called (Longhorns receivers) Coach (Andre) Coleman and told him I wanted to commit," Winfield said. "He got back to Coach Sark and it was up from there.”

Winfield announced his college plans Tuesday afternoon becoming the first prospect to commit to Sarkisian at his new post, choosing to stay home over the likes of Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas A&M. He had close to 40 scholarships total. “Just the offense, the type of offensive mind he has, how Coach Sark really uses his playmakers, he gets the matches he wants,” Winfield said. He is tabbed by the 247Sports Composite as the country’s No. 12 receiver and No. 79 prospect overall.

Beyond Sarkisian, Winfield is excited to put on for the Lone Star State. “Growing up in Texas I always wanted to play in Texas and stay loyal to the soil,” Winfield said. Through three seasons Winfield has caught 128 passes for 1,730 yards and 16 touchdowns. He also shines in the offseason for True Buzz Athletics and has competed with them since the seventh grade. “They’re getting a polished route runner, someone who has the desire to be special,” True Buzz’s DeMarquis Brooks said.

“He really wants to be great. He’s committed to his work ethic and committed to the game. He brings a savviness to the position. He’s bringing the confidence that the Longhorns nation needs and he’s definitely a gifted athlete. I think after a year or two polishing him up he’ll be a great college guy. His frame can carry another 20 pounds easily and he can develop elite speed. I think that’s the underrated part of his game, his speed. You can’t see it because he’s a long-strider so you don’t know how much top-end speed he has but he can definitely get better with a strength and conditioning program."

“He has very fluid hands," Brooks continued. "Has always been a hand catcher. He can torque his body. He can make those difficult catches because he has good body control. He’s a polished receiver, he can run any route on the route tree. You can put him in the slot, if you want to put him outside you can put him outside. He’s a technician.”

Edited by satyanash

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

2-0 against ND. 

1-0 against OU (CFP) and Rhule-coached Baylor. 

4-1 against Auburn. In 3 of these wins Auburn was #12, #4, and #7. 

3-1 against Florida. 

Anyone that says Kirby Smart isn’t a top notch coach is a moron. 

Florida who was boat raced by ou? You think Auburn is good? You think ND is on the same level as aggy now, since they're behind them in the polls? Kirby is a great recruiter, but hardly a great coach. Just stop. 

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Florida - you disregard his 3 wins against them. 

Auburn and Notre Dame have been very good the last 4 years. 

Hardly a great coach, yet he ought to have a title and three other top 7 finishes. But he’s just a scrub who learned nothing from Saban. Clearly I’m arguing with a retard.  

You're trying to convince yourself that Kirby Smart is an elite coach, so yeah, I'd say you're arguing with a retard. 

18 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

I have no problem with the bowls. I love all of them. I wish they'd do more to give teams a chance who want to actually be in them. Florida's performance against Oklahoma was disgraceful this year. Mullen basically admitted they weren't trying. You know what then? Fuck you.

That would mean more G5 teams who really really want to play Oklahoma.  Historically you can find a few examples of big bowls where one team was unmotivated because they were not playing for a national title.  Or before 1973 when the title was voted on before the bowls, which were treated as a football vacation for good teams. 

10 hours ago, Pimphand said:

18 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I fucking admire Alabama. It sucks watching them win, but damn if it isn't impressive. I get Saban is a generational coach, but it's perplexing how so many of his former assistants can't seem to grasp how he wins. You're around the motherfucker for 16-18 hrs a day and you didn't learn shit?

to my knowledge the assistants aren't allowed near the Bama recruiting machine.  Of course they meet the players but don't get the intel on their personal network.  Likewise in NE there was a separate department of analysts for choosing free agents which was the real money shot of the Belichek dynasty.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Florida who was boat raced by ou? You think Auburn is good? You think ND is on the same level as aggy now, since they're behind them in the polls? Kirby is a great recruiter, but hardly a great coach. Just stop. 

That's what we should have had under the bowl system.  Notre Dame vs A&M would have been one of those Cotton Bowl classics before Playoff Mongers distorted everything.  A&M had a dramatic victory over a UNC team that had some starters sitting out.  ND stepped on those Tar Heels at full strength.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

to my knowledge the assistants aren't allowed near the Bama recruiting machine.  Of course they meet the players but don't get the intel on their personal network.  Likewise in NE there was a separate department of analysts for choosing free agents which was the real money shot of the Belichek dynasty.

Kirby took photos of the recruiting board on his way out the door. He then used it to negatively recruit showing players who weren't rated as highly on Bamas radar.