Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

40 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I'm not going to give that guy clicks by linking it, but he LITERALLY got this from a screenshot of an OB post on MBG that was positing Arch is overrated. Farrell literally commented on it this morning. 

MBG is a twitter account that screenshots hawt takes from fan sites for public ridicule. He's worse than a caricature at this point. 

His most recent tweet this morning is about Notre Dame and is just a cut/paste from an upvoted reddit comment last night.

Fong

It’s decision day for Duncanville (Texas) High teammates, five-star edge Colin Simmons and Top247 running back Caden Durham.

LSU is considered the heavy favorite to land Durham who has also strongly considered Oklahoma, Texas A&M and UTSA. Brian Kelly and his staff head into to the day with 22 commits and 247Sports’s No. 11 ranked recruiting class. We expect them to have at least 23 commits by day’s end.

Could it be 24?

Sources continue to indicate the 6-foot-3, 225-pound Simmons is giving the LSU staff reason to believe he’s coming. We felt strongly about LSU’s position last summer when a 247Sports Crystal Ball Forecast was logged and still liked that prediction following his visit for the spring game this past April. While I know Simmons gave Texas a lot of reasons to be confident following his official visit the weekend of June 23, he did the same with LSU following another unofficial visit the last weekend in July.

So how does it all add up on decision day?

I think think confidence remains around Austin (and really hasn’t wavered since the June official), and at this point I grade it as more optimism than confidence around Baton Rouge.

Miami is still in contact with Simmons. We’ve seen Mario Cristobal and his staff pull shockers before and the two parties spoke last night. They are battling.

I’m going to nuke my prediction and see where the excitement takes us. There is Texas confidence, you can't discount LSU, all the visits to campus and the regular communication with Frank Wilson and others on their staff all the way to the buzzer. And again you have Miami and Cristobal hanging around.

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think think confidence remains around Austin (and really hasn’t wavered since the June official), and at this point I grade it as more optimism than confidence around Baton Rouge.

This sentence is so poorly constructed. What the hell does this even mean?

Edited by Noozak
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So they can just get rid of their pick the day of and it not effect their pick percentage?

What?!? How can they do this?  How will we know how many fake internet points they receive if they can just change their picks on the day recruits commit?

• Haha 5

My interpretation: Fong knows, but is letting the kid have his "day" by regaining some excitement of uncertainty in where he'll land.

If Fong knew it was LSU, feel like he would have left his LSU prediction and devalued it in his write-up with something to the effect of, "this is one that could go either direction - I already entered an LSU pick so, given the current situation, I'm just going to let it ride knowing there's a coin flip's chance it'll hit." 

Ergo, him killing his LSU prediction is a good sign for us.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Noozak said:

This sentence is so poorly constructed. What the hell does this even mean?

I’m going to nuke my prediction and see where the excitement takes us.  (His LSU predicition)

this is the only thing that matters in all that gibberish. He isnt nuking his prediction, if he thinks it is correct. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

That Hayes Fawcett tweet with the Joe Rogan gif…

…the most shocking thing would be Miami.

Damn, we need this kid.

Would feel a lot better if he picked Miami today compared to LSU.  Miami would seemingly be easier to pry him away from in the fall if we do our part on the field and Miami falls flat.  But yeah, would be shocking if that was actually the pick. Just don't see it.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, Simmons has succesfully succeeded in leaking nothing, not tipping his hand, and having everyone on edge down to the motherfucking wire. I guess it shouldn't end any other way. 

Well, one thing is for sure, we can't expect it to be UT when Sark was unsuccessful in developing Arch.  The Mannings having him transfer out is a really bad sign.   /s

Edited by cochamps
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, Simmons has succesfully succeeded in leaking nothing, not tipping his hand, and having everyone on edge down to the motherfucking wire. I guess it shouldn't end any other way. 

I affirmatively agree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

That Hayes Fawcett tweet with the Joe Rogan gif…

…the most shocking thing would be Miami.

Damn, we need this kid.

he ain't going to Miami. from literally day 1 of his recruitment he has said he will be playing in the SEC. he has repeated it multiple times. unless he is playing a years long troll job, just go to go fucking Miami of all places, it ain't happening

oh yeah and their NIL funder/collective is literally in flames.

he ain't passing on Texas or LSU for a Lance Guidry led defense.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls