Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

12 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

If Korie Black plays in his teams’ bowl game, then this joint announcement would happen after ESD. So in addition to having no subtlety whatsoever, Wells is also stretching it by saying “soon”. 

Portal Opens Dec 10. NSD is after that. He opts out and enters portal and it’s done. If Ok St doesn’t make the big 12 championship he can even declare for portal earlier. Just can’t officially enter. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

First and foremost, lol. 

Second, and I’m being like 70% serious, me and all the Applewhite truthers were unequivocally vindicated in the 2001 Big 12 championship game. If we start Applewhite we win that game by 3 scores. And as much as I hated losing, I think the 4 quarter may still be the most fun I’ve ever had at a sporting event. 

Start Applewhite, and we don’t have to listen to KSU and fucking Baylor brag about having as many Big 12 titles as we do. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

Pour one out for Wells. If Traylor goes to aggy, #beasttexas might be tough sledding for a season or two. 

Why? Bc high school coaches like him? High school coaches aren’t the ones making the decisions. Their influence is minimal, right? I would not concede east Texas just bc traylor goes to A&M, but I would expect to battle for guys every year vs A&M and beat traylor on the field regularly.

Fuck all the dickriding for a guy that’s not our coach and wants to go coach the aggies. Like Darrell royal once said, “fuck em”
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Per Justin Wells (IT):

Kobe Black announcing on Nov 29th. 

https://247sports.com/player/kobe-black-46097514/

Shocker. After Oklahoma State’s last regular season game. We’re getting finessed into taking Korie too. Oh well. Show up specials and I’ll be good with it. 

Might as well give Korie a GoPro to film Okie State’s practices in the event we play them in the Big 12 title game. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

20 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Shocker. After Oklahoma State’s last regular season game. We’re getting finessed into taking Korie too. Oh well. Show up specials and I’ll be good with it. 

Might as well give Korie a GoPro to film Okie State’s practices in the event we play them in the Big 12 title game. 

Korie isn't a bad player at all. At worst, he provides much needed depth and experience at CB next season after Watts leaves. At best, well, see below.

image.png.2537088ad31521393d5903d4d388c4ba.png

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Fuck all the dickriding for a guy that’s not our coach and wants to go coach the aggies. Like Darrell royal once said, “fuck em”

If Traylor is the A&M coach then fuck Traylor.

he lowdown

he dirty

he a snitch

"He'll be a recruiting witch!"

No, he'll be a bitch-ass loser. He'll be a punk. We'll whip him and his team's ass.

Edited by bad_teammate

247 Smith interview

Spoiler

PALESTINE, Texas — Texas never threw in the towel on four-star linebacker and Texas A&M commit Tyanthony Smith after a June commitment to the Aggies, and is now in position to potentially flip the Jasper standout with the coaching turnover taking place in College Station.

“I respect that 100 percent,” Smith told Horns247 of Texas staying in pursuit. “That’s why I still talk with them. I still be watching for Texas. I know what they got. I know they take pride in defense as well. I’m just trying to be part of a great defense as well. I know Texas A&M’s got a great defense. I know Coach (Jeff) Choate’s got a great defense. I’m just coming to check them out.”

Smith isn’t wasting anytime when it comes to getting back to Austin either.

“Texas Tech game,” he said of his official visit plans.

What is it that Smith wants to get out of his return to the Forty Acres next weekend?

“I guess just looking more into the school and seeing what Texas is about,” he said. “I want to fall in love with a school if I was to go to that school. Just kind of seeing more about what Texas is about.”

Smith remains committed to the Aggies as things stand and is awaiting what the program does with its head coaching vacancy.

“It really depends,” he said of which direction the A&M goes. “It could go really good or it could go really bad. We’re just going to leave that where it’s at and take it day by day.”

As for Smith’s Jasper Bulldogs, the program advanced to the regional finals on Friday night with a win over Kobe Black’s Connally Cadets. Jasper will face Cuero next week.

“We just go to practice every day,” Smith said of his process. “We don’t try to get too excited. We lost in the first round last year, so we kinda got that chip on our shoulder. We’ve still got something to prove. We do the same thing we do every day, just play hard.”

On top of Texas and Texas A&M, Smith says USC is still recruiting him as well.

At 6-foot-1, 205 pounds, Smith is ranked the No. 26 linebacker and the No. 303 overall player in the country, per the 247Sports Composite Rankings. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

SIAP - Justin Wells is referring to Kobe Black's brother, Korie, who is a potential grad transfer from Okie Lite.  He's hinted that they will commit to UT together (Korie being a grad transfer) after the season. 

Justin and Gerry both mention this on a weekly basis.

Nothing gets past this guy.

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Nothing wrong with being a Major fan, I guess. My wife and daughter had the bright idea to adopt a cat for my daughter’s birthday a few years back. Instead of getting a kitten, as agreed to, they brought home a juvenile that turned out to be a fucking “savannah cat” descendent with orange fur named “Cheeto”. My wife renames this little asshole “Major”. So I’ve had Major and one of his fans irritating me with bullshit for long after the actual dipshit got busted nailing a fat trainer and shown the door at UT. 

Sounds like you have a Major Asshole.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RabidM said:

You should have just sold the cat. A savannah juvenile is worth thousands of dollars. 

We didn’t understand what we had until it was too late. I’d gladly give him away for free right now. 

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Maybe try watching some other CFB games besides Texas every now and then. Jesus. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Korie isn't a bad player at all. At worst, he provides much needed depth and experience at CB next season after Watts leaves. At best, well, see below.

image.png.2537088ad31521393d5903d4d388c4ba.png

Throw us into that briar patch. If Korie were a random transfer unattached to the recruitment of a great younger brother, I think we'd still be OK with taking him. 

• Hook 'Em 3