Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

11 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

as the father of a 12 year old, I think the official school uniform is hoodie, pajama/sweat pants and crocs with socks.

5 minutes ago, Vermin said:

More shoes optional with guests. I guess we should be grateful they don't have AirPods in their ears?

Pointing Leonardo Di Caprio GIF - Pointing Leonardo Di Caprio Once Upon A  Time In Hollywood - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

as the father of a 12 year old, I think the official school uniform is hoodie, pajama/sweat pants and crocs with socks.

As the father of a 13 year old boy I agree completely. It’s either gym shorts or PJs/Sweats, hoodie and slides/crocs. it doesn't matter if it's 105 or 35 degrees.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

As the father of a 13 year old boy I agree completely. It’s either gym shorts or PJs/Sweats, hoodie and slides/crocs. it doesn't matter if it's 105 or 35 degrees.

As the father of a 13 year old boy in Michigan, let me assure you that 35 is not the bottom of that outfits temperature limit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Roach, on Filsaime.

"The source we spoke with said the visit went great and they are looking forward to their trip to Austin next weekend for an official visit before the dead period sets in."

Five-star safety Xavier Filsaime wraps up busy week of in-home visits
Schools are making their final pitches to elite McKinney (Texas) safety Xavier Filsaime
Mike Roach (247 Sports)

Spoiler

Five-star safety Xavier Filsaime wraps up busy week of in-home visits
Schools are making their final pitches to elite McKinney (Texas) safety Xavier Filsaime
Mike Roach (247 Sports)

Coaches have been on the road during the last two weeks conducting in-home visits with prospects, and five-star McKinney (Texas) safety Xavier Filsaime rolled out the red carpet for three different programs. Filsaime committed to Florida during the spring, and he remained strong until the last month or so. Texas entered the picture during the fall while Oregon maintained a relationship throughout the entire recruitment.

Florida came in with defensive coordinator Austin Armstrong. A source near the family said the visit went well touching on the familiarity that both sides had with each other. The family was hoping to hear who might be hired to replace Corey Raymond as the Florida defensive backs coach, but there was no clarity on that point yet. Still, the source we spoke with emphasized the long-standing commitment with the Gators and the comfort with that program. We were originally told that Billy Napier would be on the trip, but he wasn't present this week. This means Napier will likely join next week to make a big pitch before Filsaime visits Texas.

Oregon also came in home with Chris Hampton. Filsaime has a strong relationship with him going back to early in his recruitment, and the two have stayed in contact throughout the year. The source said that Hampton and Filsaime have an "organic relationship" and are natural with one another. Oregon pitched Filsaime on making an instant impact after losing several guys to the portal and graduation. The family was trying to get an official visit to Eugene scheduled, but they weren't able to find the right timing. A visit isn't off the table, but with Texas hosting him December 15-17, they would need to get creative.

Texas was the last school in having wrapped up their visit Thursday evening. Steve Sarkisian and Texas safeties coach Blake Gideon were on the trip. The Longhorns also pitched Filsaime on the ability to make an early impact with the Longhorns. The Texas safety room will see some roster turnover this season, and the Longhorns see Filsaime as a weapon at the free safety position. His status as an early enrollee will help him get a leg up on the competition and hit the ground running this spring. The source we spoke with said the visit went great and they are looking forward to their trip to Austin next weekend for an official visit before the dead period sets in.

• Hook 'Em 8

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Crocs were (maybe still are) cool for parents of 3 year old kids who don't want to deal with trying to tie shoes on the little asshole just for a quick run to the store. So in that sense they're cool. Not any other senses. Adult size crocs should be illegal.

This is correct. But now there are shoes called Natives that use a similar material and style without looking like it was dreamt up by a crackhead that work well for kids. And they don't fly off. 

If as a mature teen or adult you wear crocs or heydude shoes, you need to be pushed off a cliff before reproducing. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Enchubben said:

This is correct. But now there are shoes called Natives that use a similar material and style without looking like it was dreamt up by a crackhead that work well for kids. And they don't fly off. 

If as a mature teen or adult you wear crocs or heydude shoes, you need to be pushed off a cliff before reproducing. 

yeah now that natives exist no reason for your kid to wear crocs.

37 minutes ago, TexPx said:

What? Crocs are cool now? Finally.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Hahaha I've also heard the bulk purchase for the cast helped Crocs from going bankrupt early on. 

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

yeah now that natives exist no reason for your kid to wear crocs.

image.gif.9f713668562ce85101c7e4736acf37e7.gif

• Haha 7

Crocs were (maybe still are) cool for parents of 3 year old kids who don't want to deal with trying to tie shoes on the little asshole just for a quick run to the store. So in that sense they're cool. Not any other senses. Adult size crocs should be illegal.

Somebody gave me some for Xmas maybe 15 years ago. They had Longhorn logos on the heel. I left them in the closet for a long time then started wearing them around the house. Finally bought some new ones last year. Too embarrassed to wear them in public but I contend they are the best house shoes ever. I will die on this hill if necessary.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I own a pair of crocs but only wear them at the coast when we go surf fishing/camping. Can someone educate me why people hate hey dudes? I don't own a pair but know a few people that wear them and they look innocuous enough. I don't understand why the controversy.