Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

2 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

I gotta get that Sark q-zip. 

Imagine being such a top flight athlete that you can meet a multi millionaire coach who flies across the country to see you in your house in a pair of pajama pants. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 2

On 12/8/2023 at 8:33 AM, Enchubben said:

This is correct. But now there are shoes called Natives that use a similar material and style without looking like it was dreamt up by a crackhead that work well for kids. And they don't fly off. 

If as a mature teen or adult you wear crocs or heydude shoes, you need to be pushed off a cliff before reproducing. 

We had a pedophile in court not long ago wearing Hey Dudes. Just saying. 

On 12/8/2023 at 8:53 AM, Hmbre97 said:

I own a pair of crocs but only wear them at the coast when we go surf fishing/camping. Can someone educate me why people hate hey dudes? I don't own a pair but know a few people that wear them and they look innocuous enough. I don't understand why the controversy.

Eight year olds, dude. 

Edited by Chili dog
Typo
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

I'm almost certain he'll be fired mid season next year. The only question is: after which game?

image.png.e4c3f3db6f8bbabd3ea9f432d83c0149.png

they have a pretty damn tough schedule next year, which i think we have talked about some

@Tenn, FSU, Texas

home vs Miami, Ole Miss, LSU + the usual neutral site vs UGA

for the last 3 years they have had their bye week the week before Georgia, which in 2024 would be the 10/26 weekend. so that's a good guess

here is his buyout info:

If he’s fired after 2023, Billy Napier will be owed a buyout of $31.875M. That’s because there would be $37.5M left to pay him over the remaining five years on his contract, and 85% of 37.5 is 31.875. Translation: Florida’s not paying that. Sure, this is disappointing second season #2 in a row for Billy Napier after a largely underwhelming first season, but Florida’s simply not paying that. Point blank. It’s not even worth discussing.

So let’s start the breakdown after 2024, which is the earliest it’s feasibly possible for Florida to fire him without cause.

After 2024: Billy Napier’s buyout would be $25,670,000 (85% of 30.2M)

After 2025: Billy Napier’s buyout would be $19,380,000 (85% of 22.8M)

After 2026: Billy Napier’s buyout would be $13,005,000 (85% of 15.3M)

After 2027: Billy Napier’s buyout would be $6,545,000 (85% of 7.7M)

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

but no talk of a flip?

i mean, not as far as we know. the only thing we've seen him do is jump on a Texas player (Worthy?) IG live

was looking something up at IT and they have a comment from Wells in this thread but i can't read it since i'm not a member

https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/on-ryan-williams.1232218/

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

Gerry Hamilton: Texas commits and targets playing in All-American games

The Texas Longhorns 2024 recruiting class will be well represented in upcoming All-American games. Eight members of the Texas Longhorns No. 8 ranked recruiting class are scheduled to participate, including five-stars Colin Simmons, Brandon Baker and Ryan Wingo. Texas has players committed from six different states in the class. Commitments from the states of Texas, Florida, California and Missouri are scheduled to compete in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, Under Armour All-America Game and Adidas All-American Bowl.

U.S. Army All-American Bowl

When: December 18, 2023 on the Bally Sports Network 7 pm (CST)
Where: The Ford Center at The Star

Trey Owens
Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 419
Committed to Texas: January 11, 2023

Under Armour All-America Game

When: January 3, 2024 on ESPN
Where: Camping World Stadium in Orlando with practices as Disney Wide World of Sports

Colin Simmons
Duncanville (Texas)
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 9 (5-star)
Committed to Texas: August 10, 2023

Jerrick Gibson
Gainesville (Fla.) IMG Academy
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 82
Committed to Texas: June 24, 2023

Zina Umeozulu
Allen (Texas)
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 280
Committed to Texas: September 6, 2023

Jordon Johnson-Rubell
Fort Worth (Texas) IMG Academy
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 339
Committed to Texas: July 1, 2023

Texas targets in the Under Armour All-America Game

Xavier Filsaime
McKinney (Texas)
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 32
Note: Scheduled to officially visit Texas December 15-17

Kobe Black
Waco (Texas) Connally
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 43
Note: Will announce commitment December 13.

Adidas All-American Game

When: January 6 at noon (EST) on NBC
Where: The Alamodome in San Antonio

Brandon Baker
Santa Ana (Calif.) Metro Dei
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 24 (5-star)
Committed to Texas: September 24, 2023

Ryan Wingo
St. Louis (Mo.) University
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 27 (5-star)
Committed to Texas: October 25, 2023

Michael Kern
Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 2138
Committed to Texas: May 2, 2023

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, NoName said:

image.png.e4c3f3db6f8bbabd3ea9f432d83c0149.png

they have a pretty damn tough schedule next year, which i think we have talked about some

@Tenn, FSU, Texas

home vs Miami, Ole Miss, LSU + the usual neutral site vs UGA

for the last 3 years they have had their bye week the week before Georgia, which in 2024 would be the 10/26 weekend. so that's a good guess

here is his buyout info:

Based on that schedule, he will be gone after the FSU game. But, if he loses to UCF watch out.

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

247 is saying that Ryan Williams will take visits to Alabama, Auburn, Texas, Georgia and LSU before signing. 

Please lord. 

so a NSD2 signing day (2/7/24) after the reclassification.

8 weekends between now and then, which includes Christmas, so really 7.

NSD1 is 12/20-12/22, not sure why he would take a visit this weekend, before anyone signs, so that bumps it down to 6 viable weekends

• 12/30
  • 1/6
  • 1/13
  • 1/20
  • 1/27
  • 2/3

will be very interesting to see how this works out and where he goes when.

Edited by NoName

Just now, NoName said:

so a NSD2 signing day (2/7/24) after the reclassification.

8 weekends between now and then, which includes Christmas, so really 7.

NSD1 is 12/20-12/22, not sure why he would take a visit this weekend, before anyone signs, so that bumps it down to 6 viable weekends

• 12/30
  • 1/6
  • 1/13
  • 1/20
  • 1/27
  • 2/3

will be very interesting to see how this works out and where he goes when.

December 18th through Jan 11 is a Dead/Quiet period - no OVs.

But visits don't have to happen on weekends.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

December 18th through Jan 11 is a Dead/Quiet period - no OVs.

But visits don't have to happen on weekends.

well shit. struckthrough my initial post

for sure visits don't have to happen on the weekends, but works out way better in general to have it during the weekends and to try and extend the time you have him on campus with an OV instead of on a Tuesday. probably works better for players too?

changes weekend timeframes to

• 1/13
  • 1/20
  • 1/27
  • 2/3

let's see who gets the last visit and who gets the weekday visit.

guessing we see some dates start to leak right after nsd1 to build some hype.

Edited by NoName

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I know nothing about the what Williams is prioritizing but based on the schools he's visiting this is about to be a major $ play. 

everyone under the sun says he's a great WR who does some wild shit. $$$ play and actually incredible player. first sophomore in Alabama state history to be named Mr. Football.

on3

Eric Collier of Thedore High School has coached for more than 25 years. So, it speaks volumes when he says that Ryan Williams is the unlike any other player he's coached against. "He's the most dynamic kid I've ever seen," Collier told AL.com. Williams became the first sophomore ever to be named Mr. Football by the Alabama Sports Writers Association after he recorded 42 touchdowns in the 2022 season. He also helped Saraland High School to a 14-1 record and the school's first state championship. "He has the potential to be the best wide receiver ever to come out of Mobile," Collier continued. "I coached against Julio (Jones), and he was big and strong, but this kid is so dynamic. Honestly, the sky is the limit." Williams was also only the second underclassmen ever to be named Mr. Football. "He is great off the line of scrimmage," Saraland coach Jeff Kelly said. "People don’t have an easy time pressing him. He is able to separate on balls down the field. He makes the contested catch. I think what really sets him apart is the competitive nature that he rolls in with every day."

247:

Electric playmaker with excellent top-end speed and make-you-miss elusiveness. Requisite height and length on a sinewy, wiry frame that will hold some more mass.

Dynamic receiver outside or in the slot with personnel flexibility to take hand-offs now and then. Enormously productive with high per-touch rates. Provides an immediate return game option at the next level.

Outstanding track and field profile with sub-10.5 100-meter PR, 21.2 200-meter range, sub-48.00 400-meter speed, and a 6-8 high jump. Field speed corresponds as he does not get run down in any situation vs. high school competition.

Nuclear explosion out of cuts. Rare stop-start ability with limited gear-down preceding eruptive burst. Quickly negates cushion and stretches the field vertically with blow-by speed.

If you're nitpicking, can add some bulk and strength that should come with further physical development. Occasionally displays some lower-half tightness in the knees and ankles, but in-space agility and juking ability do not seem to suffer.

Entering his junior season, looks like one of the nation's top receivers -- and top overall prospects -- in the 2025 recruiting cycle. Projects as a high-major impact player with high-round NFL Draft upside.

i think CTJ had some more info on his from the alabama side but i'm too lazy to go look for it

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

i mean, not as far as we know. the only thing we've seen him do is jump on a Texas player (Worthy?) IG live

was looking something up at IT and they have a comment from Wells in this thread but i can't read it since i'm not a member

https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/on-ryan-williams.1232218/

Wells said he expects “Alabama or Auburn” when it's all said and done.