Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Maybe blight is a better way of viewing this. Are you fine living with a little blight in your crops or forest? Or do you want it removed, root and branch?

No, fuck. The "Evan Stewart catching the winning TD at Kyle Field" plotline that you dipshits keep parroting is utterly nauseating. If aggie misery is more important to you than Texas winning, whether in recruiting or as a program, then that is shit best kept to yourself. That's how aggies live. 

Most of us don't want to lose Wingo. Most of us paying attention have no interest Evan Stewart coming anywhere near the UT program. Let him be a bitchass diva somewhere far away. I'd like to see Texas get a chance to play him next year and knock him on his ass.

You're rationalizing. No one needs a silver lining.

Hoping that a WR from Arizona, who has bragged about how excited he is to be leading the building of that culture and program and has never discussed a transfer, would go in the portal and pick Texas, without any affiliation, is just pure fan fiction. USC offered the guy's agent mid-6 figures last year to transfer out. Whoever started talking him up as a transfer candidate should be fired from their $9.95 job for making the rest of us see this shit repeatedly pop up now. 

He’s a for example. It could be any of a bunch of guys and you’d be better in 24. My bet is Wingo isn’t a top 50 national receiver next year, so the bar to get better production next year isn’t super high. It’s obviously a big fucking problem in 25 and 26 and I hope like hell we get him, to be crystal fucking clear. I’m just not going to jump off the bridge if we don’t. 

Just now, Longhornlove said:

My point exactly, you don't chose to fight a turf war with the GOAT over a kid you can't/won't assign a position to and  who changes commitments like underwear.

Fuck that, Sark has been kicking Saban's ass out of Texas since he got here.  The progress he has made against Saban and Day has been great to watch.

Fong says we're good

11:29 ET:

A source with knowledge of the recruitment let 247Sports they think five-star receiver Ryan Wingo will remain true to his commitment to Texas after talking to Missouri the night before. Wingo is the nation's No. 4 receiver and No. 12 prospect overall. He is one of the jewels of a Longhorns class ranked No. 5 nationally

• Hook 'Em 4