Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Don't understand the Livingstone chatter. Dude's legit - size, speed, hands. He's that receiver that Texas always faces that we struggle covering.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I’m gonna laugh at everyone when Livingston breaks shipleys records.  Yall will see then 

3 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Yup. If he’s Drake Stoops, he’s a great take.

If he’s Jordan Shipley, he’s an amazing take.

There isn't a single poster on this board rooting against the guy. If he comes to Texas and lays waste to the record books, awesome. If he's an annoyingly (to our opponents) productive 3rd or 4th option, cool. If he's a glue guy that everyone likes on the team, fine. If he portals in a year because he'll never sniff the field, no big deal. Texas invested very little (to zero) time, NIL and energy in landing Livingstone and they clearly think he's worth the roster spot. There's no real opportunity cost with this signing. On top of it all, if the guy is awesome, a bunch of imbeciles on this board can mock me about it by pulling up some one-off post and scream at me about how wrong and mean I was. 

That all considered, there are some people super excited about getting the guy. That part is bizarre to me and what I've enjoyed mocking at times during this cycle. There are 15+ actual badasses in this class that seem far more intriguing, but to each their own.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, FtheBig12 said:

For someone who doesn't give any thought to Stewart you sure do get triggered when someone mentions Stewart.

Morons like you keep bringing the guy up. I said I didn't give any thought about Stewart playing for Texas. I give plenty of thought to arguing against it when the Evan Stewart clown car shows up on a thread on Surly and a bunch of you goobers file out of it and start spewing nonsense about how cool it would be for him to show up to Texas and cause locker room problems while bitching daily on social media.

8 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Can please stop this weirdo get some “Bussey” shit before it gets started.

No. This is our lot in life. We are tied to a football board population of posters who are aggie as fuck about getting over on aggies. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

There isn't a single poster on this board rooting against the guy. If he comes to Texas and lays waste to the record books, awesome. If he's an annoyingly (to our opponents) productive 3rd or 4th option, cool. If he's a glue guy that everyone likes on the team, fine. If he portals in a year because he'll never sniff the field, no big deal. Texas invested very little (to zero) time, NIL and energy in landing Livingstone and they clearly think he's worth the roster spot. There's no real opportunity cost with this signing. On top of it all, if the guy is awesome, a bunch of imbeciles on this board can mock me about it by pulling up some one-off post and scream at me about how wrong and mean I was. 

That all considered, there are some people super excited about getting the guy. That part is bizarre to me and what I've enjoyed mocking at times during this cycle. There are 15+ actual badasses in this class that seem far more intriguing, but to each their own.

Other positives: 

• He's likely going to take whatever remains after Arch is done with Sorority Row, leaving little else for the rest of campus.
  • He will end up being a great recruiting host for some random OL, TE, or QB in three or 4 years
  • No recruit since Shipley has had a higher ranking in the "Can catch passes on a bass boat" recruiting metric
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, JBJ said:

He was also clocked at 22.4 mph.  Worthy's top speed this year was 22.7 mph.

He gets a bad rap because he is a long strider and looks like a baby giraffe getting in and out of breaks. He ain't come here to run outs and whip routes. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

Other positives: 

• He's likely going to take whatever remains after Arch is done with Sorority Row, leaving little else for the rest of campus.
  • He will end up being a great recruiting host for some random OL, TE, or QB in three or 4 years
  • No recruit since Shipley has had a higher ranking in the "Can catch passes on a bass boat" recruiting metric

i mean, the guy is from basically Allen - not Yantis. has he ever even seen a bass boat?

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Morons like you keep bringing the guy up. I said I didn't give any thought about Stewart playing for Texas. I give plenty of thought to arguing against it when the Evan Stewart clown car shows up on a thread on Surly and a bunch of you goobers file out of it and start spewing nonsense about how cool it would be for him to show up to Texas and cause locker room problems while bitching daily on social media.

No. This is our lot in life. We are tied to a football board population of posters who are aggie as fuck about getting over on aggies. 

Lol I love seeing fools get triggered. This is a message board where people spew bullshit all day and that includes you dumbass. How about we let sark make the call on Stewart unless you think you know more than him? 

Our job is to bs. that's what makes this place great. You really need to drink less coffee in the morning. Your username fits.

Edited by FtheBig12
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 4
  • Prepare your anus 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

Few things are more productive on a bulletin board than a new guy showing up to offer advice, including gems like "your not a corchez!!?"

You will know when I'm triggered on something. Batting dipshits away from terrible takes isn't a "get triggered" thing. The "wouldn't it be so cool if Evan Stewart transferred to Texas and then caught the game-winning catch at Kyle Field next year!!!" fan fiction is the kind of unoriginal nonsense that you slapdicks are better off jacking off to in private and leaving the rest of us out of it.

Ladies ladies...let keep it civil and focus on these crootz signing and celebrate together

Just now, closetojumping said:

Few things are more productive on a bulletin board than a new guy showing up to offer advice, including gems like "your not a corchez!!?"

You will know when I'm triggered on something. Batting dipshits away from terrible takes isn't a "get triggered" thing. The "wouldn't it be so cool if Evan Stewart transferred to Texas and then caught the game-winning catch at Kyle Field next year!!!" fan fiction is the kind of unoriginal nonsense that you slapdicks are better off jacking off to in private and leaving the rest of us out of it.

Lmao priceless. Now that I see that you are triggered so easily it's going to be tough to resist.

Evan Stewart says hi.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 14

27 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

With Bobby Burton and that Ray guy both showing up on Surly this week, it reminds me that everyone involved with Texas football reads Surly. I’d bet Dustin Miksch and Clint Haney are reading Surly right now. 

Bobby Burton was on Surly?  I didn’t think this site would load on AOL dial-up. 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I can’t fap to this.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I made a joke about Stewart catching TD passes against A&M a few weeks back, but I was assured that my take wasn't terrible. I think that post might have even gotten +1 rep, so you know it had to be good. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FtheBig12 said:

Lol I love seeing fools get triggered. This is a message board where people spew bullshit all day and that includes you dumbass. How about we let sark make the call on Stewart unless you think you know more than him? 

Our job is to bs. that's what makes this place great. You really need to drink less coffee in the morning. Your username fits.

Hey dipshit if your gonna pick a fight with CTJ at least make it intelligent.  Take a lap and go back to the football board, we expect a higher level of competence out of our board idiots over here on the recruiting board. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Vertigo said:

I made a joke about Stewart catching TD passes against A&M a few weeks back, but I was assured that my take wasn't terrible. I think that post might have even gotten +1 rep, so you know it had to be good. 

Closetojumping is one of those guys who no one in his life takes seriously so he has to feel like a big man to be the content manager on a random message board. It shouldn't be so much fun to trigger him but I can't help myself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 11