Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

Caserio should have required more than that before allowing them to talk to Cleveland, given the reported packages that Carolina and Atlanta offered. 

Still, #18, two other firsts, a 3rd and a 4th is a lot more than people thought they’d get between the time the lawsuits started and last week. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Deshaun wouldn’t waive his no-trade clause for his hometown team? Caserio controlled who spoke with hi, since he has to waive the anti-tampering rule. He should have NEVER permitted Browns to come with that shit as acceptable comp.

The Texans mandated that to get an interview with Watson one had to pony up a minimum of 3 ones. Watson then determined which of those teams he had interest in and waived the no trade for them which included Atlanta and Carolina. We don’t know all the particulars of what caused Cleveland and Carolina to be rejected but in the end Watson took Cleveland because they guaranteed all $230m. A ridiculous sun. Let’s say ATL and NO would only guarantee 3. That’s a $110m differential. We would all be going to Cleveland for that much dough.

One less pervert in Texas. Hope he leaves town tonight. And I hope these women get a huge chunk of his money, and that he gets a year suspension.

I don’t know if anyone will ever discuss this, but Deshaun really robbed the teams based on his signing bonus. His 4 year extension with Houston included a $27M signing bonus that the Texans were on the hook for. That money was part of his contract existing 4 year deal that the new team would inherit, so they would be getting a deal. By bumping him up to $46M/yr on the new deal, he is technically making $51.5M/yr from an accounting standing. 

Seattle did much better by getting two #1s, a #2, and two starters (including #9 and #41 this year) and they didn’t have that much dead money. 

The Cleveland picks in 2023 and 2024 could be late in their rounds, the Texans only got one pick this year, and they had to eat all that $27M on their cap. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

We don’t know all the particulars of what caused Cleveland and Carolina to be rejected but in the end Watson took Cleveland because they guaranteed all $230m.

Yeah it was reported last night that he was going back and forth between ATL and NO to get more money and more of the years guaranteed. He probably got his best and final offer, then took it to Cleveland to beat, which they clearly did. 

The Texans mandated that to get an interview with Watson one had to pony up a minimum of 3 ones. Watson then determined which of those teams he had interest in and waived the no trade for them which included Atlanta and Carolina. We don’t know all the particulars of what caused Cleveland and Carolina to be rejected but in the end Watson took Cleveland because they guaranteed all $230m. A ridiculous sun. Let’s say ATL and NO would only guarantee 3. That’s a $110m differential. We would all be going to Cleveland for that much dough.

One less pervert in Texas. Hope he leaves town tonight. And I hope these women get a huge chunk of his money, and that he gets a year suspension.

Supposedly Carolina would agree to two guaranteed years.

Strange move all around to me.

Texans seemingly could’ve gotten more, but unloading a mega contract who didn’t wanna play for you anyway and getting three first round pics in return is alright. Strange to run off a franchise player, period.

But Deshaun going to the Browns? Joining a conference with the Bengals who are much better, and the Steelers and Ravens who are infinitely better run organizations than the Browns? I think a move to a weak conference would’ve done him good. But he’s a killer, usually those types don’t sweat that kind of stuff. I wonder if he’ll feel the same if they can’t get out of that division. And the Browns? Most guaranteed money in history for a 5 year deal after forfeiting your firsts for three years? This whole thing is weird.

Edited by The Earl of Texas
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Macklemore said:

No other team was as stupid as the Texans to drive away a franchise QB in his prime like the Tommy Boy and Rasputin Easterby led Texans. This team is going to be shit for the rest of the decade. Horrible trade. FIRE CASERIO. NO 2nds!!! No ChubbHub, Kareem Jackson or ANY established stars. FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT THE TEXANS

They passed on VY

Ever since I've rooted against em

My cousin and I wore Payton Manning jerseys to a Toxins game they weren't even playing the colts lol

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Strange move all around to me.

Texans seemingly could’ve gotten more, but unloading a mega contract who didn’t wanna play for you anyway and getting three first round pics in return is alright. Strange to run off a franchise player, period.

But Deshaun going to the Browns? Joining a conference with the Bengals who are much better, and the Steelers and Ravens who are infinitely better run organizations than the Browns? I think a move to a weak conference would’ve done him good. But he’s a killer, usually those types don’t sweat that kind of stuff. I wonder if he’ll feel the same if they can’t get out of that division. And the Browns? Most guaranteed money in history for a 5 year deal after forfeiting your firsts for three years? This whole thing is weird.

The browns will "never live this down"

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/19/cleveland-browns-never-live-down-deshaun-watson

On 3/9/2022 at 1:03 PM, Pasken said:

No team is dumb enough to trade for Watson. The local PR backlash would be enormous in whatever market traded for him. The dude used his power and clout to pray on young women. Maybe he recovers 10 years ago but the organization protesting that trade would be fierce as it should be. No one wants a business in their community to bring in a serial predator into the market. 

You got a rebuttal brah? We told you it would happen lol

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

Typical SI garbage. The part about Baker is hilarious:

You trash your own people, smear them on the way out and try to trade them with some anonymous middle finger about childish behavior.

Suuuuuuuure.

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Texans fans and this thread think the Texans didn’t get enough, but the rest of the world is making fun of Cleveland so maybe it was alright. 

The Browns hate is more about the contract and $$$, less about the picks. I think both sides did pretty well, all things considered. Cleveland won't get a QB of Watsons caliber any other way, they have to pay big to make him live in Ohio. It's the shit hole tax that small market teams have to pay to get talent. 

I do think the Texans hosed themselves a bit here by allowing Watson to talk to Cleveland when their offer was considerably lower than the other 3 teams. They did well to get the picks for him, but could have done a lot better with the ATL or Carolina offers. Watson kind of forced them into it though, once he had a few teams bidding on him, his agent could work the back channels to push those teams to pay and guarantee more money. His agent should get a nice gift basket, he did the best job he possibly could for his guy, he played the situation perfectly, and he should be getting a lot of calls from other top players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Fico said:

It’s clear you don’t understand how the no trade clause works. He has to waive it for a deal to be made and he was never going anywhere else when Cleveland decided to pay him $230M guaranteed.

Kyle Pitts was never on the table from Atlanta either. 

We will see how it works for Cleveland… they are still Cleveland and the last time DW balled out his team went 4-12. Those could turn into some very early 1st round picks.

The team in CLE is far more talented than the Texans.  They won 8 with Baker and injured RBs.  

This trade is going to be whack.

• Hook 'Em 1

We will see.

Cleveland has won the offseason several times in recent years and are still shit.

It doesn’t change the fact that once Cleveland offered $230M guaranteed there was literally nothing more the Texans could do, DW wasn’t going anywhere else.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I don't know, wouldn't there be some entertainment value in them doing well without the idiot Mayfield?

I prefer better draft picks to some kind of anti-Baker Mayfield spite that nobody, including Mayfield, will give a shit about. I also don’t plan to root for Watson again based on how he signed his extension and no trade clause in bad faith to screw the franchise, then got all the uninvited handjobs. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:
15 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I don't know, wouldn't there be some entertainment value in them doing well without the idiot Mayfield?

I prefer better draft picks to some kind of anti-Baker Mayfield spite that nobody, including Mayfield, will give a shit about. I also don’t plan to root for Watson again based on how he signed his extension and no trade clause in bad faith to screw the franchise, then got all the uninvited handjobs. 

Not spite, just laugh at them. We're not watching football because of their intellectual prowess or high moral standards. Don't let it get under your skin, but don't pass up the opportunity to laugh at the failures of a douch like Mayfield (or Watson).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Seems like it would make sense to let Mills start in ‘22 and see what he’s got. Then go into the ‘23 draft, a better one for QBs, with a shitload of draft capital. 

Maybe some other state will take the team, the Spoilers moved on pretty easy. Kansas or Nebraska or something?

5 years wait then get the Houston Hurricanes going owned by someone who knows the first rule of football ownership: stay out of the fucking way and hire competent people.

On 3/19/2022 at 2:11 AM, Intercourse With Gray said:

You got a rebuttal brah? We told you it would happen lol

I overestimated the NFL I suppose. I've seen some backlash in Cleveland but probably not at a level that will create an actual problem for him. God help that organization if he starts doing his creepy ass shit with women in Ohio. 

• Haha 1