Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, Pasken said:

No team is dumb enough to trade for Watson. The local PR backlash would be enormous in whatever market traded for him. The dude used his power and clout to pray on young women. Maybe he recovers 10 years ago but the organization protesting that trade would be fierce as it should be. No one wants a business in their community to bring in a serial predator into the market. 

don't underestimate the power of slut shaming

Yep, and don’t forget Joe Mixon played in the Super Bowl last year and we all know what he did as it was well documented and on video. If there are no criminal charges there will be several teams lined up to trade for him.

No team is dumb enough to trade for Watson. The local PR backlash would be enormous in whatever market traded for him. The dude used his power and clout to pray on young women. Maybe he recovers 10 years ago but the organization protesting that trade would be fierce as it should be. No one wants a business in their community to bring in a serial predator into the market. 

Given all the people still in the league, this seems incorrect.

On 3/9/2022 at 3:58 PM, Hate said:

Yep, and don’t forget Joe Mixon played in the Super Bowl last year and we all know what he did as it was well documented and on video. If there are no criminal charges there will be several teams lined up to trade for him.

The Mixon event happened at OU. I don’t think the NFL could/should punish players for what happened prior to them entering the league. He’s still trash though. 

28 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Hell yeah ship that Mofo out for all of the draft picks!

On 3/9/2022 at 1:03 PM, Pasken said:

This is funny. You're funny - you should post more. 

On 3/9/2022 at 2:00 PM, closetohumping said:

You could aggregate the # of masseusses in Charlotte and Seattle and still not touch Houston.

They got these coffee bars in Seattle where you drive right up and a lady in a bikini will show you her butthole for an additional gratuity 

On 3/9/2022 at 1:03 PM, Pasken said:

It’s hard to believe there are adults in this world who believe “community values” are anything more than PR gabolgool - especially as it relates to the NFL. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, cmontexas said:

They got these coffee bars in Seattle where you drive right up and a lady in a bikini will show you her butthole for an additional gratuity 

The Pakistani guy at Dunkin Donuts will probably show you his butthole too if you tip right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Lol for real. Pro sports does not pride itself on values. Murderers, rapists, drug addicts, and whatever else under the sun play. As long as you win, no one cares. As it should be. I don't give a damn about these players personal lives.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
22 hours ago, ztejas said:

Lol for real. Pro sports does not pride itself on values. Murderers, rapists, drug addicts, and whatever else under the sun play. As long as you win, no one cares. As it should be. I don't give a damn about these players personal lives.

And let’s be honest - the vast majority of  pro athletes are solid citizens who you’d be happy to have as your next door neighbor, if you could afford it….

13 months ago I figured he’d head for ATL or Tampa for the seedy nightlife. Looks like Tampa is in play now. The picks coming from Tampa over the next three drafts probably wouldn’t be great. 

I hope it’s Carolina since their picks should be better than most others. #6 this year and they will likely stay crappy while Deshaun gets to enjoy 4-13 seasons and Matt Rhule gets fired before 2023. Seattle might be fine since they were a bottom 10 team with Wilson at QB and will presumably finish last in that division next year even with Deshaun. 

17 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Said no QB ever...... Have to think Watson and his agent understand all the reasons Wilson and Petey couldn't co-exist and would say..... no thanks.  Run, run, 3rd and long pass isn't much of an offensive scheme.

I was alluding to the character fit, not the scheme fit. Fuck Pete Carroll. 

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

so are we just gonna ignore how once this hit criminal court it all evaporated? Y'all were calling me a psycho misogynist when I was posting about how hinky this all seemed. 

I was always in the camp of, if there's 22 victims, there has to be collectively a shit ton of evidence between them. Seems like someone rounded up some "instagram massueses" that he had a good time with and organized a lawsuit to me.

I was always in the camp of, if there's 22 victims, there has to be collectively a shit ton of evidence between them. Seems like someone rounded up some "instagram massueses" that he had a good time with and organized a lawsuit to me.

Its at least more likely than not that they knew about his proclivities. They were in a full-on feud with him and they showed they were keeping tabs on the private lives of players.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm still in the camp that the Texans tried to sabotage him and used their good buddy Buzzbee.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Of course someone rounded up the lady amateur masseuses of HTown on IG, but it was most likely Buzbee chasing the money, and he may have got tipped about Deshaun’s behaviors, or it could have been as simple as one of the 22 victims made contact with Buzbee and it snowballed from there. 

Yeah there’s always a “har har the Texans are retarded!” comeback, but it makes little sense that the team would want to tank his trade value. Extorting him wasn’t going to change his mind to bring him back to play for Houston either. 

I can’t wait for this narcissist asshole handjob chaser to be gone. I do hope the Texans take a hard line with him on his no trade waiver. Rumors (and common sense since the beginning) was he would want to hand pick his destination and then minimize what that new team would have to give up to get him. Fuck all that when Watson’s extension was apparently negotiated in bad faith. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I am betting he got a reputation as a "Canadian" tipper. Word got around the IG Happy Ending Providers....I don't think it was the Texans who had it in for him but the NFL.

12 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I am betting he got a reputation as a "Canadian" tipper. Word got around the IG Happy Ending Providers....I don't think it was the Texans who had it in for him but the NFL.

Why did anyone have to have it in for him?  Couldn’t it just be that he’s a lech who mistreated women, but not to the level that a Houston Grand Jury would indict?  

Take makes absolutely no sense. 

Neither did trading Hopkins. Or many of their hiring and firing practices.

I think Texans knew about Watson’s massages. And wanted to make sure they had leverage over him during their dispute. Then unwittingly kickstarted Buzbee’s legal cases after they got more dirt than they expected.

I think its unlikely they orchestrated the whole thing, but more likely they knew about Watson early on and/or had him investigated, even if thru back channels. The timing is too coincidental when these came out.

And they have been in operation rebuild since they sacked O’Brien. If they were 4-d chess players, they now are completely justified in trading this POS.