Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

I’m not sure why he’s got such a hard on for the Saints. With the kinda of money and draft picks being talked about, they aren’t going to be able to afford to fix their interior line.  

I mean, I wouldn’t want to see Andrus Peat and Cesar Ruiz backpedaling into my personal space before I can set my feet, but that’s just me, that’s something I enjoy .

Edited by Bateshorn

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

If he sits, he does not get paid.

I think, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but he isn't sitting, we are benching him. Meaning the Texans are choosing not to play him but he has to be paid. It's like benching any other player. He still gets paid for being benched. It he holds out, he will not be paid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

I’m not sure why he’s got such a hard on for the Saints. With the kinda of money and draft picks being talked about, they aren’t going to be able to afford to fix their interior line.  

I mean, I wouldn’t want to see Andrus Peat and Cesar Ruiz backpedaling into my personal space before I can set my feet, but that’s just me, that’s something I enjoy .

I would imagine it's something about the contract extension dollars guiding his decision.  I don't think he really cares about winning a Super Bowl at this point, he just wants another big contract. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, tx ind said:

Would kill for some Hakeem and Les type personalities in Houston.  Crane is the only one in Houston right now that knows how to do shit.

i dislike Tilman but I will give him this.. he's allowing the GM to tank the last two seasons (right after the Harden trade and this entire season), something Les was stubbornly against.  They were able to draft Green at #2 last summer and should be able to select another top 3 player this summer.

I would imagine it's something about the contract extension dollars guiding his decision.  I don't think he really cares about winning a Super Bowl at this point, he just wants another big contract. 
Heard on NFL radio that Carolina didn't make the cut because they would only guarantee 2 years of the extension.

17 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
39 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Heard on NFL radio that Carolina didn't make the cut because they would only guarantee 2 years of the extension.

I know the cap number is going through the roof at some point and all Watson gives a fuck about is money, but gotdamn, these deals are crazy lopsided. 

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Unfortunately, his no trade clause allows this. 

He’ll never say that he won’t play. It will be like last year- Team decision. Pay me

I don’t know if you’re anti-Texans and trolling or what. Legally speaking, yes his no trade clause allows him to reject trades to any team he chooses. However, one cannot deny the intent of no trade clauses is to show a commitment by the team to not deal off the player after they sign a contract. This is the opposite, where a player demands to leave the team then prevents them from getting fair market value when it was the player’s doing. I am also not a fan of NBA players doing this kind of shit when their mood changes or things starting to go south and jump ship and fuck over the team, fans, and city. 

The Texans sat and paid him last year because they intended to trade him and it was “only” $10.5M. If Watson fucks up their trade, they won’t be trading him and they certainly won’t sit him for $35M. Nowhere in the CBA does it say a player can hold out and still get paid. In fact, the last CBA says they lose signing bonus money and the fines cannot be forgiven if/after an agreement is reached following any kind of hold out. 

He has too much value to cut him. They can’t pay him $35M to not play. After the lawsuits, I don’t think he wants to sit out and not get paid for the next 4 years of his prime. The Texans should (if they haven’t already) make it damn clear to Watson that if the trade doesn’t happen, his ass is suiting up on Kirby. 

Just heard on the radio that Watson and Cleveland have settled on a deal. Nothing is for certain until the papers are signed, obviously. Five-year, $230 Million fully guaranteed. We’ll see.

Does that mean it’s a done deal? I’m not inclined to count my chickens before they’re hatched. You never know what can happen with these things. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

I bet he'd get similar money elsewhere - but maybe not. 
It's the guaranteed part that's crazy.
Rumor is Carolina would only guarantee two years. Based on the change of mind, NO and ATL may not have wanted to give all 5 years, either.

I figured he would pick NO, as they Kamara and a very good D.

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

wonder what % tony buzbee gets

Oh man this is a winner. Well done. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Just heard on the radio that Watson and Cleveland have settled on a deal. Nothing is for certain until the papers are signed, obviously. Five-year, $230 Million fully guaranteed. We’ll see.

Season 9 What GIF by The Office

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Rumor is Carolina would only guarantee two years. Based on the change of mind, NO and ATL may not have wanted to give all 5 years, either.

I figured he would pick NO, as they Kamara and a very good D.

Cleveland is pretty well set up to win, too. Atlanta isn't really. Despite his hometown connection. 

Full circle

The Cleveland Browns, in 2017, traded down from the No. 12 pick, sending it to the Houston Texans. The Texans selected Deshaun Watson with the pick.

The Browns received the No. 25 pick in the draft, as well as a 2018 first-round pick in the deal

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Amazing, Go Browns! Lol...  Steelers are falling off, Ravens are meh. Bengals are still the Bengals. Get Watson a couple receivers and the Browns will be in the playoffs for the next few years. 

The Bengals lost by 3 points in the Super Bowl.  Being the Bengals ain’t so bad.

Only the 2nd time in NFL history a team has received 3 1st round picks in a trade…. For a guy still facing 22 civil suits, a NTC, and an almost assured NFL suspension of some sort… I think the Texans faired pretty well.

Hard to convince DW to go elsewhere if the Browns are dumb enough to give him the most guaranteed money in NFL history, $230M…. God damn.

Just now, Fico said:

Only the 2nd time in NFL history a team has received 3 1st round picks in a trade…. For a guy still facing 22 civil suits, a NTC, and an almost assured NFL suspension of some sort… I think the Texans faired pretty well.

Hard to convince DW to go elsewhere if the Browns are dumb enough to give him the most guaranteed money in NFL history, $230M…. God damn.

No other team was as stupid as the Texans to drive away a franchise QB in his prime like the Tommy Boy and Rasputin Easterby led Texans. This team is going to be shit for the rest of the decade. Horrible trade. FIRE CASERIO. NO 2nds!!! No ChubbHub, Kareem Jackson or ANY established stars. FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT THE TEXANS

• Hook 'Em 3

Atlanta Falcons. The #8 and 2 other 1sts and 2 2nds and Kyle Pitts. That’s proper compensation. Caserio fucked this up. He should have NEVER allowed the Browns to meet Deshaun with that shit as trade compensation. The Texans controlled who could contact and negotiate with Deshaun. FAILURE ON ALL LEVELS

• Hook 'Em 1

Lol, the dude violated 22 women. In this situation DW is the issue, not the Texans. 

There is so much you can bitch about when it comes to the Texans, and most of the time it’s totally justified, this isn’t one of those items.

Again, one one time before has a player ever garnered 3 first round draft picks… and we got that for a player with lots of strings attached. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It’s clear you don’t understand how the no trade clause works. He has to waive it for a deal to be made and he was never going anywhere else when Cleveland decided to pay him $230M guaranteed.

Kyle Pitts was never on the table from Atlanta either. 

We will see how it works for Cleveland… they are still Cleveland and the last time DW balled out his team went 4-12. Those could turn into some very early 1st round picks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fico said:

It’s clear you don’t understand how the no trade clause works. He has to waive it for a deal to be made and he was never going anywhere else when Cleveland decided to pay him $230M guaranteed.

We will see how it works for Cleveland… they are still Cleveland and the last time DW balled out his team went 4-12. Those could turn into some very early 1st round picks.

Deshaun wouldn’t waive his no-trade clause for his hometown team? Caserio controlled who spoke with hi, since he has to waive the anti-tampering rule. He should have NEVER permitted Browns to come with that shit as acceptable comp.

Edited by Macklemore

23 minutes ago, Fico said:

Browns always find a way to Brown themselves.