Police pepper spray domestic violence victim because "she's acting like a child"

lemonlime

Oh, wait, she's 9-years-old.  And handcuffed.  And the police union is already defending this nonsense.   They should fire the entire Rochester PD at this point.  The bad apples spoiled the entire barrel a long time ago.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-pepper-spray-9-year-old-girl-rochester-n-y-n1256313

8 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Oh, wait, she's 9-years-old.  And handcuffed.  And the police union is already defending this nonsense.   They should fire the entire Rochester PD at this point.  The bad apples spoiled the entire barrel a long time ago.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-pepper-spray-9-year-old-girl-rochester-n-y-n1256313

where'd you get that she was a domestic violence victim?

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Is there a bigger group of cowards and pussies on earth, than cops?  

That brave officer is just trying to get home to his family safely. And the handcuffed, 9 year old girl was belligerent, non-compliant and possibly armed with a Frozen 2 ice gun. I commend this hero for using non-lethal force and am eternally grateful that he's standing on that wall between me and that gang of thugs at the McDonalds PlayPlace.

When the fuck are some of these assholes gonna get capital punishment for these bullshit antics?  I don't give a shit if they didn't kill somebody.  When you treat a 9 yo like that you should pay the ultimate price.  How much of this shit do you think has gone unnoticed for the past few years?  I'm comfortable saying that MF should die - preferably in the pubic square after a speedy/fair trial to prove his guilt...guessing that should take 3 minutes.  

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

where'd you get that she was a domestic violence victim?

I may have been wrong about that, but can't change the thread title.  I'm not sure why the police were at her house, except they were responding to a domestic dispute and then they took the 9 year old with them.  

4 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Every time I see one of these videos - I think it can’t get worse. Now they are pepper spraying handcuffed 9 year olds in the back of police cars.

To be completely fair, she was acting like a child and they just wanted to get home safe.

• Rage+1 1

It’s pretty amazing that I have dealt with thousands of kids that age over the years and never had to cuff anybody or pepper spray anybody. Some of them have been crazy as hell and ended up in institutions. We have had to physically contain some due to really unsafe behavior that endangered themselves or others. But, never has anything remotely close to this has ever been necessary. It’s ridiculous.

Why didn't they call paramedics? This kind of shit is exactly what 'defund the police' is about. There needs to be a level of response for mental patients (and I would classify this case as one) that doesn't involve pepper spray or guns. Take some of that sweet SWAT cash and make new non-violent responders. Did they stop making straightjackets? Cops are for criminals, not misbehaving kids.