Britt Reid

Tailgate

Reid will be surrendering today with his attorney and will be booked. The Prosecutor’s Office requested a $100,000/10 percent bond and requested that the defendant be placed on GPS and alcohol monitoring.

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

Dear Andy Reid, let your son go to jail! 

Prosecutors also say Reid had “prior alcohol contacts in Pennsylvania and Arizona.” Reid’s previous drunk driving conviction in Pennsylvania had been well documented, but there was no previous reporting of any incident with Reid in Arizona.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

The one motherfucker trying to merge at highways speeds is fucking drunk.

Yep. And he lived about 30 minutes away.

15 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I was expecting it to come back higher than .113.  That’s not shitfaced drunk.  How long did it take them to get the blood draw?

Toxicology takes longer. 6-8 weeks for all drugs and he freely admitted he was on Adderall which can have interesting effects on alcohol. Or is if Adderall affects those who drink?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Yep. And he lived about 30 minutes away.

Toxicology takes longer. 6-8 weeks for all drugs and he freely admitted he was on Adderall which can have interesting effects on alcohol. Or is if Adderall affects those who drink?

I was asking how long it took after the accident to draw his blood, not how long it took them to process it.  If it was 7 hours later then he was hammered.  The legal limit used to be .12 until MADD got involved.  Now I just take Uber if I am going to drink at all,  because despite the fact that I really don’t pose any risk to anyone after splitting a bottle of wine with my wife over the course of a 2 hour dinner, I know many people who have been arrested after doing just that.  And once that happens your legal bills and other associated costs will pay for a decade worth of Ubers even if your BAC comes back below the limit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I was asking how long it took after the accident to draw his blood, not how long it took them to process it.  If it was 7 hours later then he was hammered.  The legal limit used to be .12 until MADD got involved.  Now I just take Uber if I am going to drink at all,  because despite the fact that I really don’t pose any risk to anyone after splitting a bottle of wine with my wife over the course of a 2 hour dinner, I know many people who have been arrested after doing just that.  And once that happens your legal bills and other associated costs will pay for a decade worth of Ubers even if your BAC comes back below the limit.

They did a test at the scene and he had injuries and was hospitalized so they drew three vials of blood immediately. That’s what the story said

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Now I just take Uber if I am going to drink at all,  because despite the fact that I really don’t pose any risk to anyone after splitting a bottle of wine with my wife over the course of a 2 hour dinner, I know many people who have been arrested after doing just that.  And once that happens your legal bills and other associated costs will pay for a decade worth of Ubers even if your BAC comes back below the limit.

Or sometimes you end up in a racist prison gang, just like in this riveting documentary. (lol)

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Chiefs gonna get fucked in civil court. 

NFL being as oddly silent right now as the NCAAF when the whole Baylor shit went down. Sell an autograph they were right there. Rape a bunch of women on campus...crickets. And the Chiefs had to know he was drinking at the facility. They have more security and cameras than banks do. They know. Andy knows and likely bailed his son out. His son needs treatment for a long time. He’s an addict. Andy needs to allow the system to do its job. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

NFL being as oddly silent right now as the NCAAF when the whole Baylor shit went down. Sell an autograph they were right there. Rape a bunch of women on campus...crickets. And the Chiefs had to know he was drinking at the facility. They have more security and cameras than banks do. They know. Andy knows and likely bailed his son out. His son needs treatment for a long time. He’s an addict. Andy needs to allow the system to do its job. 

Andy enabled his son. He know his son was a drunk and a problem and he gave him a job he had no real credentials for just to coddle him. He was drinking at KC's facilities. Andy and everyone knew what he was doing but they turned a blind eye. I hope they get fucked in court. Even though the NFL prints their own money so the damages will just be a drop in the bucket.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I was expecting it to come back higher than .113.  That’s not shitfaced drunk.  How long did it take them to get the blood draw?

Yeah, I could easily be wrong, but if he's around 200 pounds I think it could be 5-6 beers over the course of a couple hours.  To be clear, I'm not defending him in the least.  He made decisions and he'll have to live with them.  He's obviously driving too fast, but without the disabled vehicle on the roadway he probably gets home just fine.  A lot of folks are perfectly fine driving at .113 and the biggest concern is another driver causing in accident and all of a sudden you're in a DUI situation because someone else's actions.  I'll say again for the slower ones in our group, I'll say again, I'm not defending him and realize a young girl's life and her family's lives are forever changed.

19 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I would bet there have been several attempts to dry him out via the rehab route.   It will be interesting to see how this gets handled.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Thats the key question. A person's BAC drops at about .015 per hour.  call it 2-3 hours between the wreck and the blood draw and you're talking .15-.17, which is drunk enough to both make very poor choices and have lost coordination. 

dui.png

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Well, in his defense, got to get your NG plea in before his attorney can start negotiating a plea bargain offer with the state. 

The prison sentence he will get won’t be lengthy or so I have read because of the laws there and what he is charged with but the State has said despite this they will push for the max they can get. He will be sued civilly also. He’s definitely getting some time. Not as much as he fucking deserves though. At least they put an ignition lock device on his car. He’s allowed to drive but must pass his breath test or whatever. 

It’ll be interesting to see if the KC facility had a beer fridge like so many tech companies do nowadays. Encouraging you to stay later with free booze.
Some of those tech companie force the employees to sign a waiver saying they wont be driving home if they touch said cooler...fwiw. But some have so much money and power one of their employees having a wreck on the way home after company booze wouldnt be a big deal..everyone paid off with no judge or jury involved.

• 1 year later...

Won't get 7 now. 

Reid, the 37-year-old son of Chiefs head coach Andy Reid, had been scheduled to go to trial on Sept. 26. He had faced up to seven years in prison, but the plea deal means he now faces a possible sentence ranging from probation to four years in prison. He entered his plea in Jackson County Circuit Court in Kansas City. Sentencing is set for Oct. 28.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34579205/former-kansas-city-chiefs-assistant-coach-britt-reid-pleads-guilty-crash

• Rage+1 1

Last week, when Reid first released a statement that he would plead guilty and expressing how sorry he was about the incident, Young’s mother, Felicia Miller, took to social media to condemn him.

“Shove your ‘Sorry’ up your ASS,” she wrote on Facebook.

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

3 lousy years. For a lifelong fuckup enabled by his shit parents. The nfl needs to do something about felons as coaches. This guy should have been an assistant manager at a Mahomes Whataburger instead of a well paid assistant. Pathetic pussified prosecutor should have gone for the max to set an example.

Put him in a cell with some Raiduh fans.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

3 lousy years. For a lifelong fuckup enabled by his shit parents. The nfl needs to do something about felons as coaches. This guy should have been an assistant manager at a Mahomes Whataburger instead of a well paid assistant. Pathetic pussified prosecutor should have gone for the max to set an example.

Put him in a cell with some Raiduh fans.

It’s incredible. A POS like him always survives the crash with very minimal or non-life changing injuries. The prosecutor had the ability to get 7. I understand accepting a plea but I’d have taken his ass to trial and humiliate him. They would have won their case. Her family deserved an opportunity to have their case be heard. This just sucks. Fuck him. If this happens again when he gets out lock his ass up for life. He had a choice. That little girl and her family have a lifetime sentence. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I agree. I am sure the DA office was under a ton of pressure from the politicians, the Chiefs, and local sports media to plea this out and keep it from trial. It should have gone to trial so a jury could hear of this scumbag’s lifetime of addiction, criminal behavior, and consistent enablement of it by his lousy parents.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I agree. I am sure the DA office was under a ton of pressure from the politicians, the Chiefs, and local sports media to plea this out and keep it from trial. It should have gone to trial so a jury could hear of this scumbag’s lifetime of addiction, criminal behavior, and consistent enablement of it by his lousy parents.

The enablement by the Chiefs and the NFL is what’s really sliding here. No accountability for an employee getting hammered at work and doing this to a little girl?!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The enablement by the Chiefs and the NFL is what’s really sliding here. No accountability for an employee getting hammered at work and doing this to a little girl?!

Correct. The prosecutors were scared of a trial with a bunch of Chiefs fans on a jury. I would’ve hoped they would look at the facts. It’s why he got a lesser charge and then they came up with a lightweight plea agreement.

I hope the family sues the shit out of the Reids and the Chiefs in a civil suit. And hope Britt is getting shullfucked in prison already.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson on Friday shortened the prison sentence of former Kansas City Chiefs assistant Britt Reid, son of coach Andy Reid, for a drunken driving crash that seriously injured a 5-year-old girl in 2021.

Parson's commutation converted the remainder of Reid's three-year prison sentence to house arrest, subject to several conditions. Reid had been sentenced in November 2022 after pleading guilty to driving while intoxicated causing serious bodily injury.

A Parson spokesman said the governor considered several factors when making this decision.

"Reid had completed his alcohol abuse treatment program and has served more prison time than most individuals convicted of similar offenses," Parson spokesman Johnathan Shiflett said.

Reid's house arrest will continue until Oct. 31, 2025, and require weekly meetings with a parole officer and peer support sponsor and attendance at behavioral counseling. He also must work at least 30 hours a week and complete 10 hours a month of community service, among other things. 

----

Reid's sentencing reprieve was one of three commutations and 36 pardons announced Friday by Parson, who also denied 63 clemency requests.

Parson, a former sheriff, has granted clemency to more than 760 people since 2020 -- more than any Missouri governor since the 1940s. He has been working to clear a backlog of nearly 3,700 clemency applications he inherited when taking over as governor in 2018, but also has considered new requests. 

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/39633435/gov-commutes-prison-sentence-ex-chiefs-asst-britt-reid

20 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Mahomes and Kelce are annoying but don’t really bother me but I root against the Chiefs because they and Andy enabled this asshole for far too long. 

I tend to like Mahomes because he's an East Texas homeboy. Hell we might be cousins. But that whole Tech, Chefs and sounding like a baby goat are a major turn off

2 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

I tend to like Mahomes because he's an East Texas homeboy. Hell we might be cousins. But that whole Tech, Chefs and sounding like a baby goat are a major turn off

Baby goat? Sounds like I missed the best/worst part. 

Mahomes and Kelce are annoying but don’t really bother me but I root against the Chiefs because they and Andy enabled this asshole for far too long. 

Somebody correct me, but it seems like andy tried a bunch of stuff with his son like rehab or similar.

If not, and most of us have kids, we would fight for them tooth and nail for their best outcome so I don’t fault Reid for that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

He was drinking at the Chiefs facility during SB week. There’s some blame to go around there. Another of his son’s had already died of an OD after being in prison. Shit, Britt had already done jail time for selling drugs among other things. 

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Rage+1 1

So when did this piece of shit actually start serving his time, Nov of '22?  A whopping 15 months in jail for ruining a 5 year olds life  by driving drunk? If there is any justice in the world, he'll get drunk again immediately upon release and run over both Mahome's legs. That's some major fucking bullshit right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Blotto said:

So when did this piece of shit actually start serving his time, Nov of '22?  A whopping 15 months in jail for ruining a 5 year olds life  by driving drunk? If there is any justice in the world, he'll get drunk again immediately upon release and run over both Mahome's legs. That's some major fucking bullshit right there.

Lol lot of hate towards Mahomes who probably had nothing to do with Britt’s employment or drinking and no say in his sentencing. Wouldn’t justice be for Britt to kill himself or Andy or one of the Chiefs’ owners’ kids? Or ironic justice if he gets killed or raped by someone also let out too soon on parole?

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

Somebody correct me, but it seems like andy tried a bunch of stuff with his son like rehab or similar.

If not, and most of us have kids, we would fight for them tooth and nail for their best outcome so I don’t fault Reid for that.

Yeah all the condemnation of enabling behavior from family is understandable, but happens to one degree or another in most families with an addict and can be incredibly difficult for affected family to recognize and deal with. 

Organizational enablement is a different matter, though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

He was drinking at the Chiefs facility during SB week. There’s some blame to go around there. Another of his son’s had already died of an OD after being in prison. Shit, Britt had already done jail time for selling drugs among other things. 

Andy’s OD’d on bacon at least three times.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Blotto said:

If there is any justice in the world, he'll get drunk again immediately upon release and run over both Mahome's legs. That's some major fucking bullshit right there.

While Baker Mayfield is still walking around healthy?! C’mon, man!

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1