I got stimulused

RPM

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Me neither.  I honestly don't need it.  Give it to people that do.

Yeah I got both in 2020 from Papa Trump but didn't get stimulated by Uncle Joe. 

And I'm ok with that.  I didn't really need it in 2020 either. 

This morning, I've been poking around outside everywhere I could look for evidence that a hostile takeover of industry is afoot. Nearest I can tell, it appears that our free market hasn't been replaced with a Soviet style central planned economy just yet, but I'm hoping it arrives soon... once they tell us where the line will start for toilet paper and bread, my wife and I plan on setting up tent and camping out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Got mine.  And another for my adult dependent. Sent some of it to my kid in college, otherwise, been eyeing a new grill.  I didn't really need it, tbh. Head of Household is fun!

well, if you don't need it, then yeah, put that money back into circulation. that's what they're hoping for/banking on. I think the two worst things one could do with it (wrt to stimulating the economy) is save it or use it to pay debt (although I used a little for that). also considering maybe donate some of it.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 2

Can someone direct me to the final criteria?  I'm certain we won't be getting it, but curious where it all landed.  Have also seen some rather racist memes with regards to the child checks.  Figured that would be for anyone with kids, but maybe it's just people dunking on themselves without knowing it.  I'm searching but all I'm finding is articles about politicians fighting over shit. 

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

well, if you don't need it, then yeah, put that money back into circulation. that's what they're hoping for/banking on. I think the two worst things one could do with it (wrt to stimulating the economy) is save it or use it to pay debt (although I used a little for that). also considering maybe donate some of it.

That’s a good idea.  I might send some to DC Legal Aid and World Central Kitchen. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Can someone direct me to the final criteria?  I'm certain we won't be getting it, but curious where it all landed.  Have also seen some rather racist memes with regards to the child checks.  Figured that would be for anyone with kids, but maybe it's just people dunking on themselves without knowing it.  I'm searching but all I'm finding is articles about politicians fighting over shit. 

Here’s a primer from AARP.  Any racist shit is the basic assumption only black and brown people are poor.  which is total bullshit.  the vast majority of poor people are white. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Here’s a primer from AARP.  Any racist shit is the basic assumption only black and brown people are poor.  which is total bullshit.  the vast majority of poor people are white. 

Yeah, I understand all that.  Ironic part is guy who sent it has 1 less kid than the meme he was sending.  So if one group hit the "powerball" and the other is 1400 away?  Anyhow dumb going to dumb. 

8 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Thanks.  Definitely out on the stimmy, couldn't gather whether or not money for dependents is coming.  Guess we'll just see if anything shows up. 

i don’t want to sound too marxist here, but the Capital owning class wants poor people fighting with each other rather than waking up to who the true villain is.

Actually, not Marxist, just a straight up fact.

As to my head of household and kids, near as i can tell, if your agi was below 112k and you reported dependents on your 2019 return, you got 1400 for you, and 1400 for each of your dependents.  can’t speak to married or filing single.

Edited by Bateshorn
edited for pedantic assholes
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Color me surprised you are poor. I thought all politicians and lobbyists were 7 figure earners due to the grift on both sides of the aisle.

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Is it the one about "Juan" and all his kids? I've seen that one a few times today, and unfriended the fuckers that posted it. (one of whom is my age, and hasn't worked in 12 years, because "he's on disability")

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Me neither.  I honestly don't need it.  Give it to people that do.

also in the 'never got stimulus but didn't need it' club...

i will say i am happy they fixed that young adult error, that 'hole' that so many fell into last time, was it 18-21 year olds? i knew 3 young people in the service industry that really could have used it last time and didn't get it (nor did their parents). i can't remember the exact reason but there were lots of articles about it.

but they fixed it this time, yay! is this what competence looks like? 🙂

37 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Color me surprised you are poor. I thought all politicians and lobbyists were 7 figure earners due to the grift on both sides of the aisle.

I work for a non profit.  Actually trying to make the world a better place. Most people in this city are also actually trying to make the world a better place.  

But rather than elect good governance types who focus in policy, most Americans elect shit heels who give them the feels about whatever grievance the shouting person in TV says they should care about. 

Stop blaming us and start asking your politicians questions about how government actually works.  Which will require you to actually educate yourself. Start with the Congressional Research Service. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Is it the one about "Juan" and all his kids? I've seen that one a few times today, and unfriended the fuckers that posted it. (one of whom is my age, and hasn't worked in 12 years, because "he's on disability")

That's it.  I'm not in a position to "unfriend" the gentlemen that sent it to me, lest I care to end up on the stimulus list for next go round. 

So let's say hypothetically someone and his wife aren't eligible for the stimuli, again, but have a shit pot full of expensive little rug rats.  They getting the dependent money or no?  I thought I read this is just an advance on the next years child tax deduction, or something of the sort.   My friend wants to know if his boat is getting re-upholstered this year. 

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

The Rentier-class, as defined by Adam Smith, wants people fighting with each other rather than waking up to who the true welfare-queen is.

Minor edit to give credit where credit is due. But your point stands.

Adam Smith believed taxation should fall harder on the parasitic rentier class of non-productive trust fund babies. 

London School of Economics' comment on Smith and the rentier class:

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2014/02/19/contrary-to-popular-belief-adam-smith-did-not-accept-inequality-as-a-necessary-trade-off-for-a-more-prosperous-economy/#comments

The assumption that Adam Smith accepted inequality as the necessary trade-off for a more prosperous economy is wrong, writes Deborah Boucoyannis. In reality, Smith’s system precluded steep inequalities not out of a normative concern with equality but by virtue of the design that aimed to maximise the wealth of nations. Much like many progressive critics of current inequality, Smith targets rentier practices by the rich and powerful as distorting economic outcomes.

• Hook 'Em 2