Kamala Harris 2021

GRHorn

3 minutes ago, alincoln said:

They were both chosen as VP nominees almost entirely based on their identity, had zero appeal to independents, have no chance of ever leading a presidential ticket, were immediately ignored by McCain/Biden following the general election, are walking gaffes, and are historically unpopular among the general electorate.     

Kamala Harris, for all your bullshit is extremely qualified to hold office. Sarah Palin isn’t qualified for basically anything let alone holding public office.

Kamala was so immediately ignored that she was given the task of managing the border. 

Let’s hear about all these supposed gaffes she’s made. I’m sure there’s not just Fox News bullshit there.

The only real comparison is that people don’t like them. Which isn’t a great comparison either since republicans literally pretended that Palin was the next Reagan (although the comps are probably fair if you’re talking about Reagan with full onset dementia). I’m sure we can come up with several reasons why people don’t like her.  Those things seem pretty obvious but they aren’t the reasons you probably think.

Jesus Christ, the only things Kamala Harris and Sarah Palin have in common are that they're both pretty and female.

Kamala Harris has a law degree and she's very intelligent, whether you like her or not.  Sarah Palin is a muppet who was just bright enough to memorize and regurgitate a handful of talking points while eye-fucking the camera.  Anyone who thinks that's a good analogy is as dumb as, well, Sarah Palin.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Jesus Christ, the only things Kamala Harris and Sarah Palin have in common are that they're both pretty and female.

Kamala Harris has a law degree and she's very intelligent, whether you like her or not.  Sarah Palin is a muppet who was just bright enough to memorize and regurgitate a handful of talking points while eye-fucking the camera.  Anyone who thinks that's a good analogy is as dumb as, well, Sarah Palin.

Is she more intelligent than Palin?  Sure.  Do I think that earning a law degree from Hastings without honors represents evidence of high intelligence?  Fuck no.  She wasn't the editor of the Harvard Law Review.  She has extremely mediocre academic credentials, particularly given the academic achievements of her parents.      

Do I think serving as a one-term JR Senator from CA represents "extreme qualifications" for the VP position?  Again, more qualified than Palin (amazing accomplishment) but not extremely qualified.  

Clyburn told Biden to pick a Black women as his running mate in exchange for the SC endorsement and Biden picked Harris.    

6 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Name one

I say this as someone who has voted Republican as often as Democrat in the past. Republicans are a dying species. The ones that are left are fucking lunatics. The decent ones are retiring from office. There is no one coming up through the ranks to replace those decent ones

Ted Cruz is the definition of intelligent and educated, he’s just a lizard politician with unpopular views here. 

Edited by Satoshi
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

37 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Is she more intelligent than Palin?  Sure.  Do I think that earning a law degree from Hastings without honors represents evidence of high intelligence?  Fuck no.  She wasn't the editor of the Harvard Law Review.  She has extremely mediocre academic credentials, particularly given the academic achievements of her parents.      

Do I think serving as a one-term JR Senator from CA represents "extreme qualifications" for the VP position?  Again, more qualified than Palin (amazing accomplishment) but not extremely qualified.  

Clyburn told Biden to pick a Black women as his running mate in exchange for the SC endorsement and Biden picked Harris.    

If Kamala's law degree from Hastings is mediocre, what is Palin's BA from Idaho?

And Kamala was a district attorney of a major city, then Attorney General of CA, then a U.S. Senator.  Palin was the mayor of Nowhere, Alaska.

Trying to compare their credentials is an even worse idea than trying to compare their intelligence.  At least with the latter you can argue it's somewhat subjective.

No one would ever try to compare these two women with a straight face if they hadn't both been VP candidates.  And the fact that Palin ever was speaks volumes about the train wreck that the modern GOP has become.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, alincoln said:

She's the least experienced/qualified VP since Henry Wallace.      

She’s no less experienced/qualified than Mike Pence.

It’s ok to admit you said something stupid.

Edit: decided to look it up. How is Quayle more experienced than she is? Agnew? I’m sure there’s more.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

Where did I say Palin's credentials or intelligence were comparable?  Palin is clearly a moron.  McCain's selection of her should have disqualified him from the presidency.  Harris is a mediocrity, the outcome of a backroom political deal.  Maybe Quayle is the better comparison.

42 minutes ago, alincoln said:

How has she demonstrated her unfitness to be VP?

2 minutes ago, alincoln said:

She most certainly is.  12 year congressman and Governor of Indiana.  It's ok to admit you are a partisan hack.

She was the attorney general for California and the DA for San Francisco. They both served the same number of years in public office. She’s no less experienced than Mike Pence. Don’t triple down on idiocy.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

She was the attorney general for California and the DA for San Francisco. They both served the same number of years in public office. She’s no less experienced than Mike Pence. Don’t triple down on idiocy.

I'm aware of her California positions.  They are nowhere near equivalent to Governor or Congressman.  Don't worry, no one doubts your unquestioning devotion to your party.  You remain in good standing.  Hack.

36 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Ted Cruz is the definition of intelligent and educated, he’s just a lizard politician with unpopular views here. 

Ted Cruz is a dumb fuck who has a knack for kissing the right asses. And while he attended good schools, he didn’t learn shit except how to grift

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, alincoln said:

I'm aware of her California positions.  They are nowhere near equivalent to Governor or Congressman.  Don't worry, no one doubts your unquestioning devotion to your party.  You remain in good standing.  Hack.

As DA she represented more people than Mike Pences congressional district. As AG she represented 6 times the people Pence did as governor. Not only that but the governor of Indiana, like many states, is highly limited in their powers. He can be overridden by simple majority in state legislatures. 

Yes it’s me with devotion to a party. Not the guy who compared Sarah Palin to Kamala Harris.

Quaruple down.

Edited by hobbes2702

You aren’t going to catch me saying many (most) haven’t lost their minds. Doesn’t mean the other side has it right.  

The other side isn’t actively waging war against the very foundations of our republic. In fact, they’re actually sounding the alarm about those attacks.

Know that that makes them? Patriots, in the literal sense of the word, not in the Fox News sense of “someone who guzzles Trump semen.” You should support the people actually fighting to save the republic. Once that’s secure, we can argue about policy differences.
  • Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You aren’t going to catch me saying many (most) haven’t lost their minds. Doesn’t mean the other side has it right.  

I said a long time ago in a back and forth (I think with Brisket and definitely before Trump had even thought about running) that it’s hard to be in the middle when things get tumultuous.  The partisans will try to pull you to their side or push you to the other. These psychos just pushed the daughter of Dick by God Cheney out of the Republican Party. How can there be any room left for a sane person?

Edited by Sawbonz

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah that’s easy.  We aren’t going to agree on who those people are. 

If you think the people who are trying to sweep January 6 under the rug and kicked Liz Cheney out of their party have any interest in saving the republic, I just don’t know what to say 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yeah that’s easy.  We aren’t going to agree on who those people are. 

Sure we are. It’s the people doing things like calling Jan 6 an insurrection and attack on the country, and not “tourists.” The divide is almost perfectly on party lines.

Dude, I know you don’t WANT it to be this way, but the universe quit giving a shit about what we want a LONG time ago.

This is the way it is. One party is intent on attacking the foundations of the republic in order to take and hold power, not caring if they destroy it in the process. The other party may do some shit you don’t like, but they are actively working to preserve the republic and hold traitors accountable. That’s your decision point. You don’t have to like it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, 6th Street said:

I don't think Kamala's intelligence is the issue. It's more about her inability to connect with the average voter. She comes off as just another out of touch coastal elite.

Yeah, well, the same thing was said about Hillary.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This is the way it is. One party is intent on attacking the foundations of the republic in order to take and hold power, not caring if they destroy it in the process. The other party may do some shit you don’t like, but they are actively working to preserve the republic and hold traitors accountable. That’s your decision point. You don’t have to like it.

I hope they do.  I had a lobo style paragraph typed up but it doesn't matter, and I don't have the time to back and forth it tonight.  Yall have a good one.

21 hours ago, alincoln said:

Ah yes law school smack. Well your username didn't even go to law school so fuck all the way off.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

As DA she represented more people than Mike Pences congressional district. As AG she represented 6 times the people Pence did as governor. Not only that but the governor of Indiana, like many states, is highly limited in their powers. He can be overridden by simple majority in state legislatures. 

Yes it’s me with devotion to a party. Not the guy who compared Sarah Palin to Kamala Harris.

Quaruple down.

I tend to agree that DA and AG, as "legal politicians" aren't quite the same as a more "plenary" office like governor or congressperson.

The issues you run on are narrower.  Also, the politics of the offices are just kind of weird:  "tough on crime" has been a bipartisan issue until pretty recently, there aren't a lot of constituent and party demands to reconcile, and so on.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, alincoln said:

She most certainly is.  12 year congressman and Governor of Indiana.  It's ok to admit you are a partisan hack.

Indiana, hahaha, Cali is basically a country. Indiana is a medium size state. Try again jackass or better yet, admit you’re wrong and move along.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

On 11/16/2021 at 9:07 PM, Brothahorn said:

Kamala sucks.

She will be a problem in 2024 for Democrats.

You got a twofer in VP Harris. You can project the misogyny experienced by Hillary and the racism directed at President Obama in one pleasant package

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, Satchel said:

You got a twofer in VP Harris. You can project the misogyny experienced by Hillary and the racism directed at President Obama in one pleasant package

Plus she was unpopular in the primary. She will have the built-in prejudices working against her while having tepid support from Democratic voters.

On 11/16/2021 at 4:04 PM, alincoln said:

So I guess it all worked out, then.  

Just exactly what are the qualifications to be VP, anyway?

On 11/16/2021 at 4:21 PM, Satoshi said:

Being an Ivy Leager is nice and all, but that's a gift of education and prestige bestowed on you, personally.  A key element to those admissions officers is seeing how you will use this gift to helping others.  They can let anyone in the school they want; there's no shortage of qualified candidates.  Surely you've heard about the "valedictorian who didn't get into Harvard."  (FYI, there are 30,000ish high schools in the US alone, and 2,000ish dorm beds at Harvard for incoming freshmen, so guess what?).  He leveraged that into a nice cushy job for himself. 

So .  .  . name two things he's accomplished for the people he represents.  I'll wait.

• Hook 'Em 1