UAP Pentagon Report (UFOs, Foo Fighters, Commie Drones)

Doc Reeves

7 hours ago, Blotto said:

China has like a billion people. Pretending there aren't a few of them capable of creative invention is laughable

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions

When you scroll down to Modern times, "1923-Present", they have invented 7 things.  One of them being pre-natal testing for Downs Syndrome.  You know for the purposes of aborting unwanted members of the population.  At least they have their priorities straight.  

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Well - first of all - I believe that there are beings that have already done it.

Second of all - the more we unravel shit the weirder it gets. I think that phenomenons like quantum entanglement are just the tip of the iceberg. 

So the laws of physics are really more like the suggestions of physics.  

I’m with Homer on this one:

image.gif.5f331f6e1d8c540a4716f0a17d19b549.gif

On 7/27/2023 at 5:59 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

And there’s not one— even one— credible photographic image or film. Let alone the thing itself. It’s a glaring hole and puts it beyond the level of believable for how humans and governments work. 

Sir, have you not seen Alien Autopsy hosted by Jonathan Frakes who is a fictitious Captain in Starfleet?

• Haha 1

I don't see how quantum entanglement would suggest faster than light travel is more likely. I think it's actually the opposite. Any theoretical attempt at using quantum entanglement to transfer information hits a wall because there's no conceivable way to determine the spin ahead of time. It's a seemingly random occurrence that can only be measured but not manipulated. We hit hard limiting walls just trying to theoretically imagine information traveling faster than light much less beings in space ships. 

• Like 1

I noticed Grusch seemed to pivot away from the “extraterrestrial” tag whenever congress would reference the crafts as such. Considering how long these things have been documented, it does seem wrong to assume any type of origin. They’ve seemingly been apart of the human experience based on the earliest literature & art of modern humanity. I think hubris leads people to point to the stars because in their minds the modern human is the pinnacle of innovation on Earth in its multi billion year history. The phenomenon may not be so Alien. 

4 hours ago, CastHorn said:

I noticed Grusch seemed to pivot away from the “extraterrestrial” tag whenever congress would reference the crafts as such. Considering how long these things have been documented, it does seem wrong to assume any type of origin. They’ve seemingly been apart of the human experience based on the earliest literature & art of modern humanity. I think hubris leads people to point to the stars because in their minds the modern human is the pinnacle of innovation on Earth in its multi billion year history. The phenomenon may not be so Alien. 

Here is the phenomenon: people have used their imaginations to make shit up for a really long time.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I interned at Air Force Weapons lab in high school/college in New Mexico and a couple of physicists I worked for had done stints at Area 51. They wouldn't talk about anything no matter how much my high school self inquired except for the place being massive underground with no one really knowing how expansive it was because everyone was contained to only what they needed to see, but the looks they conveyed told me they had seen shit.   It did nothing to dissuade my belief that there is no way we could possibly be the most intelligent beings around.

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I interned at Air Force Weapons lab in high school/college in New Mexico and a couple of physicists I worked for had done stints at Area 51. They wouldn't talk about anything no matter how much my high school self inquired except for the place being massive underground with no one really knowing how expansive it was because everyone was contained to only what they needed to see, but the looks they conveyed told me they had seen shit.   It did nothing to dissuade my belief that there is no way we could possibly be the most intelligent beings around.

Last time I stayed at Cosmo I caught sight of the Janet flight a couple times. Caught some pics of the plane in the sky and a screenshot of it showing up on flightradar.

6 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

Here is the phenomenon: people have used their imaginations to make shit up for a really long time.

Certainly. Though these things have been documented prior to humanity having any concept of metal machinery. Especially flying machinery that didn’t at least mimic the anatomy of a bird. Governments even spoke of them pretty casually before the topic seemingly became taboo overnight in the 60’s. The origin is a mystery, but the presence is almost undeniable at this point.

5 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It’s one of the most important testing facilities for our own new strategic-level aviation technology as well as for foreign adversary platform testing when we acquire it. Everything there is at the TS/SCI level with all sorts of Special Access Programs and if you talk about it you go to jail and lose your job. 

The straight explanation is absolutely sufficient. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I hadn’t read through this thread before I posted. I know Surly is stocked to the gills with pseudo intellectual assholes, but many of the responses here just seem lazy. There is plenty of issues to be frustrated with our government today, and the lack of transparency regarding the UAP issue is one of them. Mainly because of how dozens of other foreign governments approach the phenomenon.  The U.S. has deemed it a national security threat since the Cold War era and has classified every tiny detail. While you have countries like France, Chile, Costa Rica, Iran, UK, Japan etc. who are open books about the subject with their citizens. They view it at worst an aviation safety issue and allocate resources to investigate the activity scientifically. U.S. officials risk their well being & livelihoods to speak openly about the issue, while Peruvian officials drop 4K images of UAP activity like mixtapes to the public. I’m just not sure I buy the notion that multiple nations are in possession of craft material. That’d be the Manhattan project part 2. 

11 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

I hadn’t read through this thread before I posted. I know Surly is stocked to the gills with pseudo intellectual assholes, but many of the responses here just seem lazy. There is plenty of issues to be frustrated with our government today, and the lack of transparency regarding the UAP issue is one of them. Mainly because of how dozens of other foreign governments approach the phenomenon.  The U.S. has deemed it a national security threat since the Cold War era and has classified every tiny detail. While you have countries like France, Chile, Costa Rica, Iran, UK, Japan etc. who are open books about the subject with their citizens. They view it at worst an aviation safety issue and allocate resources to investigate the activity scientifically. U.S. officials risk their well being & livelihoods to speak openly about the issue, while Peruvian officials drop 4K images of UAP activity like mixtapes to the public. I’m just not sure I buy the notion that multiple nations are in possession of craft material. That’d be the Manhattan project part 2. 

Prob because those countries aren’t actually responsible for the UAP activity.  Not saying all UAP activity is our govt but I bet a fuckload is.  Peru?  Yeah, not so much.   

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Prob because those countries aren’t actually responsible for the UAP activity.  Not saying all UAP activity is our govt but I bet a fuckload is.  Peru?  Yeah, not so much.   

So you believe that Americans have had the capability to operate crafts that defy our understanding of physics since at least the beginning of the 20th century? That’s some real conspiracy theory shit.

Edited by CastHorn

8 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

So you believe that Americans have had the capability to operate crafts that defy our understanding of physics since at least the beginning of the 20th century? 

You’re conflating things that defy our understanding of physics with things that APPEAR to do so. 

Just because a Texas road in summer looks like it’s shimmering with water doesn’t mean it actually is. Take your pick of optical illusions, any one of which tells us what people sincerely believe they see doesn’t necessarily mean shit.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

So you believe that Americans have had the capability to operate crafts that defy our understanding of physics since at least the beginning of the 20th century? That’s some real conspiracy theory shit.

Again, not all, but a lot of UAP activity is likely govt related craft, manned or otherwise, much of it likely unmanned.  And I am not totally clueless about this.  Old man was a private aerospace engineer/contractor to the Air Force working with Skunk Works etc. with TS/SCI etc.  I had never thought to pick his brain on much of this lately but I remember being blown away by some of what he explained they were working on as kid, when, to be fair anything is fairly impressive/mind boggling.  I'll ask next time we have a few beers.  

34 minutes ago, Rudiger said:

You’re conflating things that defy our understanding of physics with things that APPEAR to do so. 

Just because a Texas road in summer looks like it’s shimmering with water doesn’t mean it actually is. Take your pick of optical illusions, any one of which tells us what people sincerely believe they see doesn’t necessarily mean shit.  

Yes, exactly this.  Things that APPEAR to defy physics vs things that do.  One bucket is massive - the other, nearly empty.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
aerospace engineer, boozing
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 9:22 AM, Red Five said:

I forget who said it, maybe Bob Lazar, that yes it's our tech.... but we got it from crashed/recovered alien ships. 

One of the problems with this theory is that great space travel capabilities are not analogous to amazing flight capabilities in earth’s atmosphere. A great fighter jet would be a shitty spacecraft and vice-versa ,  here on terra, our most advanced flying war machines are moving away from crazy speed and maneuverability in favor of low-observability, networking, stand-off weapons, and unmanned platforms. Stuff that’s of almost no use on a spaceship. 

For that matter, it’s unclear why these aircraft are always zipping about the sky, as we know from our own space program we get far more valuable information by landing and collecting samples. We don’t send probes just to zoom about Mars’ atmosphere. 

The type of movement that appears to be happening with things like the “tic-tacs” and other sightings wouldn’t be super useful on a manned aircraft. You still have to put a human body in there that can’t handle physics acting that way on it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudiger said:

No one is referencing Mike’s UFO sighting in Sealy, TX at 3am on his way to work when speaking on UAP transparency. I’m speaking on the countless photos & video evidence released by the U.S. intelligence community and countless other foreign governments in the last decade. Captured on state of the art radar systems. The exact likeness of those crafts can be traced back to earliest forms of literature and art of modern humanity. Anyone claiming they known the origin are talking out of their ass. I don’t know where the outer space aspect of UAPs came from. 

Edited by CastHorn

On 7/29/2023 at 8:59 PM, axiom of foundation said:

So the laws of physics are really more like the suggestions of physics.  

Typically something gets labeled a "law" when scientists can't really explain it. 

Also - one of Newton's "laws" was partially disproven a little over a hundred years ago. 

Also also - this was less than a year ago.

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-win-physics-nobel-prize-for-proving-einstein-wrong

I can't imagine believing that our understanding of the universe has peaked. We don't even understand how our own brains work. 

Also - you don't need to travel FTL to travel pretty fucking fast. There is an earth like planet just 4 light years away. 

Under our current understanding of physics it is entirely feasible you could get a solar sail to about 0.5% the speed of light. And it hasn't even been a hundred years since we broke our own atmosphere. 

The MALD missile can mimic radar signatures for just about anything and has been in use since 2009. It's a 14-year old weapon we're willing to let Ukraine use and reveal capabilities to the Russians/Chinese. That strongly suggests the military has something much better in the works that we don't know about.  

Occam's razor says most of these sightings are our new tech. It's not breaking the laws of physics, but it is giving the appearance that it is. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pods said:

The MALD missile can mimic radar signatures for just about anything and has been in use since 2009. It's a 14-year old weapon we're willing to let Ukraine use and reveal capabilities to the Russians/Chinese. That strongly suggests the military has something much better in the works that we don't know about.  

Occam's razor says most of these sightings are our new tech. It's not breaking the laws of physics, but it is giving the appearance that it is. 

The Pentagon covered over a hundred cases in their 2021 UAP report. They could only explain one . You have to assume relevant weapon systems were prime suspects in the investigation. 

10 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

One of the problems with this theory is that great space travel capabilities are not analogous to amazing flight capabilities in earth’s atmosphere. A great fighter jet would be a shitty spacecraft and vice-versa ,  here on terra, our most advanced flying war machines are moving away from crazy speed and maneuverability in favor of low-observability, networking, stand-off weapons, and unmanned platforms. Stuff that’s of almost no use on a spaceship. 

For that matter, it’s unclear why these aircraft are always zipping about the sky, as we know from our own space program we get far more valuable information by landing and collecting samples. We don’t send probes just to zoom about Mars’ atmosphere. 

The type of movement that appears to be happening with things like the “tic-tacs” and other sightings wouldn’t be super useful on a manned aircraft. You still have to put a human body in there that can’t handle physics acting that way on it. 

The whole idea we used alien technology to advance our own seems extremely unlikely due to the technology gap. 

If we just go back 150 years in our own civilization the gap would be too big to be of use. Drop a 70 inch flat screen LED tv on the white house lawn in 1873 and they would have zero idea what to do with it, what's it purpose, or how to get anything from it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s one of the most important testing facilities for our own new strategic-level aviation technology as well as for foreign adversary platform testing when we acquire it. Everything there is at the TS/SCI level with all sorts of Special Access Programs and if you talk about it you go to jail and lose your job. 

The straight explanation is absolutely sufficient. 

The gay explanation? Whole different ball game...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, CastHorn said:

The Pentagon covered over a hundred cases in their 2021 UAP report. They could only explain one . You have to assume relevant weapon systems were prime suspects in the investigation. 

In the 2021 report they covered 144 sightings. Of those only 18 objects (20 total sightings) appeared to display flight characteristics unexplainable with our tech. That was going back to 2004. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Pods said:

It's not breaking the laws of physics, but it is giving the appearance that it is. 

This.  Uncle was a base commander in Vietnam and later a test pilot for a number of years.  The developmental arc of any warplane you see in public often goes back decades.  It seems the more recent iterations are designed to confuse, mimic, and detect combatant capabilities.  The capability to mimic technological and visual representations of objects that "seem" to be doing one thing when in reality they are doing something completely different.  Commander Fraver (sp?) and others have made the comment that recent upgrades in their avionics and systems revealed so many sightings - it also begs the question as to domestic "testing" of capabilities on control groups that are unaware of their involvement before expanding to international adversaries that might react in very different ways.  

The idea that advanced civilizations would need these little anthropomorphized "space ships" to study us seems too convenient in the face of massive military buildup and investment into radical drone technology and combatant obfuscation.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

The whole idea we used alien technology to advance our own seems extremely unlikely due to the technology gap. 

If we just go back 150 years in our own civilization the gap would be too big to be of use. Drop a 70 inch flat screen LED tv on the white house lawn in 1873 and they would have zero idea what to do with it, what's it purpose, or how to get anything from it. 

Col. Philip J. Corso claimed in his book that night vision, fiber optics and integrated circuits were all technologies developed or advanced in part due to reverse engineering of Roswell debris.

I just don't believe it would be possible or at most ridiculously unlikely to engineer alien technology so far advanced as to be useful in interstellar travel when we couldn't even figure out our own technology from 100+ years in the future. Much less 1950s humans figuring it out. 

Just sounds like a bunch of bullshit and extremely insulting to the hard work put in by humans who actually invented that stuff. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I just don't believe it would be possible or at most ridiculously unlikely to engineer alien technology so far advanced as to be useful in interstellar travel when we couldn't even figure out our own technology from 100+ years in the future. Much less 1950s humans figuring it out. 

Just sounds like a bunch of bullshit

I think the general premise is that some stuff - like laser technology - has been aided by recovered tech - but the actual fun stuff like gravity manipulation is still way too far over our heads and potentially relies on an element that we can't create/doesn't exist here on Earth. 

Read the linked CIA cable. Apparently the USAF was secretly displaying unfathomable and unexplainable air-superiorty over Morocco 13 years after the first jet engine aircraft was flown and just 7 years after the end of WW2.

Occam's razor would obviously suggest that instead of simply using that superiority to end WW2 in days we opted to let tens of millions die including 400k GIs while concurrently racing to develop the atomic bomb to then kill hundreds of thousands of Japanese citizens.

Or - maybe we went from really shitty jet engine aircraft to stuff that was blowing people's minds in half a decade and then decided to not use that tech in Korea, Vietnam, Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Those are definitely the most simple explanations. 

We've seen tech advance slow, then leap ahead in just a few years.  In 2006 I carried a crapster flip phone.  By 2011 I have a fully-functional smartphone in my pocket.  Civilian drones from 2009-2014.  Satellite navigation (in agricultural use) from 1995-2005.  In each case the tech accumulated slowly, then a few things happened to bring it all together and drive the cost down for the masses.  Might be aliens, might be the accumulated hard work of really smart people.

And if anything IS reverse engineered, props to the humans who looked at the stuff hundreds of years more advanced than they understood, and figuring it out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

We've seen tech advance slow, then leap ahead in just a few years.  In 2006 I carried a crapster flip phone.  By 2011 I have a fully-functional smartphone in my pocket.  Civilian drones from 2009-2014.  Satellite navigation (in agricultural use) from 1995-2005.  In each case the tech accumulated slowly, then a few things happened to bring it all together and drive the cost down for the masses.  Might be aliens, might be the accumulated hard work of really smart people.

And if anything IS reverse engineered, props to the humans who looked at the stuff hundreds of years more advanced than they understood, and figuring it out.  

From the first plane to zero gravity propulsion in roughly 50 years is highly unlikely. 

I kindly disagree.  Not all human beings are mouth breathing choads like all of us on this board.  Lotsa smart people out there.  

ETA

I'm not saying it is NOT aliens.  Not saying it IS aliens.  Just keep both possibilities out there.

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

In each case the tech accumulated slowly, then a few things happened to bring it all together and drive the cost down for the masses.  Might be aliens, might be the accumulated hard work of really smart people.

But in "each case" you can directly map each step in its technological progress. And that isn't untrue for military tech, either. Yes - there is proprietary military tech that civilians don't know about but to suggest that it's leaps and bounds more advanced over what is public knowledge is silly as that has never been the case. 

The only example of something developed by the US military that came completely out of left field was the atomic bomb - and they only had to keep that secret for three years. And then it was - what? Another three years before the Russians had it?

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

Typically something gets labeled a "law" when scientists can't really explain it. 

Also - one of Newton's "laws" was partially disproven a little over a hundred years ago. 

Also also - this was less than a year ago.

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-win-physics-nobel-prize-for-proving-einstein-wrong

I can't imagine believing that our understanding of the universe has peaked. We don't even understand how our own brains work. 

A physical rule gets labeled as a "law" when (1) there are mountains of empirical evidence that demonstrate their veracity, and no reliable empirical/testable evidence that they can be violated and (2) they are regarding some aspect or symmetry of the universe deemed to be fundamental.  Some examples relevant to this discussion:  conservation of energy, conservation of momentum, speed of light limit.  Occasionally pop sci articles will emerge that reference the results of some recent test and suggest these laws may not be absolute and that we need to throw out everything we think we know.  A good way to appear very clever is to reassert the supremacy of physical laws and claim the tests were flawed, and then sometime later people can marvel at your understanding of freshman level physics when the tests are later confirmed to be flawed.  

Reactionless EmDrive and the conservation of momentum

Neutrinos travel faster than light except that they don't

Edited by axiom of foundation

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

But in "each case" you can directly map each step in its technological progress. And that isn't untrue for military tech, either. Yes - there is proprietary military tech that civilians don't know about but to suggest that it's leaps and bounds more advanced over what is public knowledge is silly as that has never been the case. 

The only example of something developed by the US military that came completely out of left field was the atomic bomb - and they only had to keep that secret for three years. And then it was - what? Another three years before the Russians had it?

The concept of an atomic bomb had been fairly well understood and the Brits (and before the war the French) had their own crash program. It was a resource issue for them and not a science issue, the French were occupied and the Brits understood that letting us do it as opposed to taxing their wartime economy was the right way to go. 

As far as unfathomable tech, the Have Blue program that developed into the stealth F-117 blew everyone’s minds. And it’s not likely to be alien tech because the argument is that we see these craft on sensors, and the F-117 was frankly a slow and ungainly bird that clearly operated within the realm of physics and standard flight characteristics. 

6 hours ago, Parliament said:

I kindly disagree.  Not all human beings are mouth breathing choads like all of us on this board.  Lotsa smart people out there.  

ETA

I'm not saying it is NOT aliens.  Not saying it IS aliens.  Just keep both possibilities out there.

So you think the same species that thinks Guam can flip into the ocean could develop interstellar travel? That seems unlikely. Occam's razor says rockets are simply enhanced dick pics.

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

LOL, this did NOT come completely out of left field. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_nuclear_weapons

Wiki but the history is well cited.  

21 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

As far as unfathomable tech, the Have Blue program that developed into the stealth F-117 blew everyone’s minds. And it’s not likely to be alien tech because the argument is that we see these craft on sensors, and the F-117 was frankly a slow and ungainly bird that clearly operated within the realm of physics and standard flight characteristics. 

And as far as the notion that the government can't keep anything secret look at Fogbank. A substance and manufacturing process kept so secret by the DOE for decades they themselves forgot how to make it and had to pay scientists for over a decade to reverse engineer their own substance. 

But in the end all the government employees and contractors can say whatever they want but until the produce indisputable or testable evidence it really means nothing. Governments are in the business of subterfuge and lying out of their assess too. 

55 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The concept of an atomic bomb had been fairly well understood and the Brits (and before the war the French) had their own crash program. It was a resource issue for them and not a science issue, the French were occupied and the Brits understood that letting us do it as opposed to taxing their wartime economy was the right way to go. 

39 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, this did NOT come completely out of left field. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_nuclear_weapons

Wiki but the history is well cited.  

By out of left field I mean that there was nothing remotely like it up to that point in history. They didn't even know if it would work or if it did what exactly would happen before the Trinity test. Then they dropped the first bomb and the rest of the world (basically everyone that didn't know that the Trinity test was a success - so like 99.99999%) collectively went "holy fucking shit".

Also - y'all are sort of proving my point. Leading up to Trinity and Hiroshima/Nagasaki there were plenty of physicists/scientists who understood that - in theory - a weapon like that was possible - and were likely less surprised when they found out that the US pulled it off than the general public was.

So - where are all of the scientists explaining the UAP tech that's been captured on video? That technology doesn't exist - not even in theory - because we don't understand how anything could possibly move like that. The idea that the US (or anyone else) posseses terrestrial-developed aircraft technology that the world's leading aeronautics experts can't even begin to explain is laughable. (As is the consequent idea that they're using that tech to - what - just fuck with civilians and air forces?)

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

By out of left field I mean that there was nothing remotely like it up to that point in history. They didn't even know if it would work or if it did what exactly would happen before the Trinity test. Then they dropped the first bomb and the rest of the world (basically everyone that didn't know that the Trinity test was a success - so like 99.99999%) collectively went "holy fucking shit".

Also - y'all are sort of proving my point. Leading up to Trinity and Hiroshima/Nagasaki there were plenty of physicists/scientists who understood that - in theory - a weapon like that was possible - and were likely less surprised when they found out that the US pulled it off than the general public was.

So - where are all of the scientists explaining the UAP tech that's been captured on video? That technology doesn't exist - not even in theory - because we don't understand how anything could possibly move like that. The idea that the US (or anyone else) posseses terrestrial-developed aircraft technology that the world's leading aeronautics experts can't even begin to explain is laughable. (As is the consequent idea that they're using that tech to - what - just fuck with civilians and air forces?)

If a physics professor went to a magic show, do you think he would be able to explain every illusion?  If not, do you think that's a good basis to question the laws of physics?  Scientists can test results in controlled experiments and apply rules learned from an established body of knowledge.  The videos you reference are not controlled experiments and there are too many unknown variables to draw any meaningful conclusions from them. 

Edited by axiom of foundation

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Mick West goes into detail how the most intriguing of the Navy videos is most likely pretty mundane