UAP Pentagon Report (UFOs, Foo Fighters, Commie Drones)

Doc Reeves

Some more on the overwhelming difficult odds of “able to see us, able to detect we are smart, able to contact.”

https://time.com/6242921/why-extraterrestrials-havent-contacted-earth/

Spoiler

he first and most conspicuous sign we have given off that we are just such a species are the radio signals that we transmit to one another but that leak through the atmosphere and stream out into space. It has been only about a century since we began emitting those unintentional beacons. Our so-called radio bubble, which streams out in all directions—north and south, east and west—thus measures just 200 light years in diameter. That’s a flyspeck in a galaxy that measures 100,000 light years across and a universe that is a staggering 94 billion light years. 

What’s more, if a civilization were to have received our signal and sent back a response by now, it would have to be located just 50 light years away since, it would take 50 years for our radio beacon, traveling at the speed of light, to have reached it, and another 50 years for the receiver to have sent back a message. That’s a whopping century for just a two-way hello. Not that there aren’t candidates within that small footprint in space. According to Wandel, there are an estimated 2,000 stars, harboring who knows how many planets, within 50 light years of Earth.

Spoiler

So how many of those planets might host life? For this, you have to turn to the Drake Equation, created by astronomer and SETI Institute founder Frank Drake. The equation estimates the number of civilizations in our galaxy capable of receiving and responding to radio signals as a factor of a range of variables, including the rate of the formation of sunlike stars, times the proportion of stars that are orbited by planets, times the proportion of those planets that could support life, times the fraction of those on which life actually does emerge, times the fraction of those life forms that develop intelligence, times the fraction that are intelligent enough to receive and transmit signals, times the length of time such a civilization actually sends those signals before either perishing or going silent for any other reason.

That’s an awful lot of speculative x-factors to fill in, and it’s anybody’s guess—or at least educated estimate—as to what number appears on the right-hand side of the equals sign. For the purpose of the 2,000 planets within 50 light years of Earth, Wandel’s own Drake estimates put the number of worlds harboring extant, intelligent life at between zero and just a few.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

... So if we think that we’ve been visited, even by drones, intentionally and not randomly— these are very high odds indeed that life developed in one of these systems, that it evolved on a time frame to overlap with us and our civilization, and that we were “found” and the drones or whatever was sufficiently advanced to launch and visit us.

This assumes that ancient astronaut theory is incorrect.  Man always thinks he's the center of the universe. 

Any skepticism about the existence of aliens in the universe that is built upon the foundation of earth’s knowledge of science, physics and technology is laughable. 

For all we know, we are looked upon by other civilizations as barbaric cavemen with the intellect of a walnut. We may not know shit about time and space, materials, energy, electrical phenomena and other key topics that are used as evidence that alien life doesn’t exist and hasn’t visited us. 

On 7/21/2023 at 11:06 PM, ztejas said:

Million dollar question right there. 

They have crashed here. It's happened. Not just in the US, either. Anyone that's done enough research would be insane to believe otherwise. 

So you're left with questions like: they can supposedly travel FTL across galaxies but they eat shit trying to wheel around Earth. 

I mean, maybe we have a different signature than they do across all kinds of frequencies. 

I don't think that their tech is so advanced that a lightning storm doesn't fuck their shit up. 

Some of y'all need to really open your mind up. 

Ashton Kutcher Kitty GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Any skepticism about the existence of aliens in the universe that is built upon the foundation of earth’s knowledge of science, physics and technology is laughable. 

For all we know, we are looked upon by other civilizations as barbaric cavemen with the intellect of a walnut. We may not know shit about time and space, materials, energy, electrical phenomena and other key topics that are used as evidence that alien life doesn’t exist and hasn’t visited us. 

Once you start getting into “they don’t have to follow physics,” you’re edging pretty close to “magic.” Creation and storage of energy, the ability to travel FTL, the ability to “see” something billions of light years away….there’s a lot more standing in the way of this than just “we aren’t smart enough,” we have figured the theory behind a lot of this stuff out. 

It’s sort of like the Project Camelot podcasts where they posit that some aliens aren’t material beings as we know it, they blip in and out of dimensions, they can manifest as pure light……

Well, OK, but now we are just talking about angels and demons and djinns and adding a bit of space opera, so I lose interest. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Not so much incorrect as irrelevant ...

You missed my point.  Your premise is predicated upon some assumptions.  I agree that we don't know what we don't know.  I'm not trying to assert or assume anything.  I'm just pointing out that your premise is based upon a certain set of assumptions and they may or may not be valid.

8 minutes ago, bernorange said:

You missed my point.  Your premise is predicated upon some assumptions.  I agree that we don't know what we don't know.  I'm not trying to assert or assume anything.  I'm just pointing out that your premise is based upon a certain set of assumptions and they may or may not be valid.

All human knowledge comes down to accepting some assumptions in the absence of compelling evidence otherwise (ie, we assume that we’re not merely the dreams of a sleeping Lovecraftian Old One and none of this really exists). 

And the more abstract and extraordinary the claim, the safer it is to assume it’s not true/irrelevant to us until there’s some extraordinary evidence provided. I file the ancient astronaut theory in this category. There’s just as much evidence for that theory as there is for ancient visitations by ghosts or spirits. More, in fact, accepting eyewitness written testimony as evidence. But I safely assume ghosts aren’t real and don’t visit people. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I posted the articles about the physicists who worked out the theoretical number of star systems that could have “seen”’ earth in the past 5000 years and the analysis of radio broadcasts and theoretically how far they could get and be answered and how many maybe habitable planets are in that zone because this shit IS fascinating to me.  And I’m not an astrophysicist. I’d never think of the idea “instead of asking what WE can see, let’s look the other way around,” but I can see the brilliance in doing it that way. And I sure as shit can’t check their work. 

I respect the hell out of the effort and the rigor and the seriousness, and I can understand how that works even if I can’t replicate it. And I guess it just has far more weight with me than piles of anecdotes and unsupported semi-profound contentions about how we really don’t understand anything at all. The one approach is how we actually got to space and split the atom, the other is just so much navel-gazing and avoidance of doing the really hard work. And the first way is how we will ever actually come to some sort of proof on these questions. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

There are things possible in the future that us humans cant even comprehend right now

I think of it as like the relationship between humans and dogs. Dogs can see and hear and taste and think, etc. But they are obviously incapable of understanding what I'm typing on right now. Or even what typing is. They know what outside means, but they have no idea what's outside. Besides squirrels and shit. 

If we ever encounter aliens, the difference might be somewhat comparable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think of it as like the relationship between humans and dogs. Dogs can see and hear and taste and think, etc. But they are obviously incapable of understanding what I'm typing on right now. Or even what typing is. They know what outside means, but they have no idea what's outside. Besides squirrels and shit. 

If we ever encounter aliens, the difference might be somewhat comparable. 

If an alien wants me to be their "pet", and treat me the way my dog gets treated, please, sign me up.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Life has existed on other planets at some point: virtual certainty

Intelligent life has existed on other planets at some point: extremely likely 

Life exists on other planets right now: extremely likely

Intelligent life exists on other planets right now: very likely

Intelligent life has visited or communicated with humanity at some point: possible 

Intelligent life has visited earth and left behind evidence: maybe

Intelligent life visited earth and left behind evidence that humanity discovered and recognizes as such: unlikely 

Intelligent life visited earth and left behind technology that humanity possesses and understands: very unlikely 

Humans have an alien spacecraft in their possession that they know is an alien spacecraft: extremely unlikely 

Humans are actively communicating with alien civilizations in a way they understand: virtually impossible to believe 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/21/2023 at 11:06 PM, ztejas said:

Million dollar question right there. 

They have crashed here. It's happened. Not just in the US, either. Anyone that's done enough research would be insane to believe otherwise. 

So you're left with questions like: they can supposedly travel FTL across galaxies but they eat shit trying to wheel around Earth. 

I mean, maybe we have a different signature than they do across all kinds of frequencies. 

I don't think that their tech is so advanced that a lightning storm doesn't fuck their shit up. 

Some of y'all need to really open your mind up. 

I’ve never understood this question. No matter how great your tech is, it can still fail or be damaged. Have y’all never seen a movie set in space? Shit can break, run of of fuel, run into something floating in space, get shot by another ship, etc. Also, just because a species has insanely advanced tech doesn’t mean every member of that species has the same tech. Anything crashing here could be teenage aliens that just hot wired an alien lada and went out on a joyride 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I’ve never understood this question. No matter how great your tech is, it can still fail or be damaged. Have y’all never seen a movie set in space? Shit can break, run of of fuel, run into something floating in space, get shot by another ship, etc. Also, just because a species has insanely advanced tech doesn’t mean every member of that species has the same tech. Anything crashing here could be teenage aliens that just hot wired an alien lada and went out on a joyride 

All of this stuff, like our very own human-based space travel, is EXTREMELY physics-based and understandable.  But interstellar travel quite literally requires creating a warp drive that violates every understanding we have of physics and materials science we understand, but then it’s all still subject to physics and material failure when it’s time for it to crash. 

It’s like the lightning storm theory. You have a spaceship that creates a mini-black-hole to jump through a hole in space time and you’re visiting a planet that obviously has weather. And their commercial airliners haven’t crashed due to lightning in over 40 years but your spaceship doesn’t have that fix. 

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Humans have an alien spacecraft in their possession that they know is an alien spacecraft: extremely unlikely 

BULLSHIT!!! 🤬

I'll have you know that one crashed and was kept in a hangar on an air force base. Hell, they even made a movie in my hometown at the recently decommissioned Webb AFB, starring Darren McGavin, Robert Vaughn, and Gary Collins, about it when I was a kid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2023 at 10:31 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

How advanced can it be if they keep crashing on our planet?

Right now on Mars there are alien space craft crashed on the surface. 

We know this because we're the aliens that crashed them there. We did it to deliver payloads like the Mars Rover to investigate the planet. Could be something similar just in a more advanced way. 

18 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Right now on Mars there are alien space craft crashed on the surface. 

We know this because we're the aliens that crashed them there. We did it to deliver payloads like the Mars Rover to investigate the planet. Could be something similar just in a more advanced way. 

Tears Reaction GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/21/2023 at 8:09 PM, CHIEF said:

I believe there are many more atheists that have become believers, then believers that have become atheists, in the scientific and intellectual community.

Bullshit. Let’s see your proof. We in the scientific and intellectual community are going to need to see that. Or are you basing that belief on faith? Because it sounds like the sort of malarkey religious believers tell each other to reassure themselves about their faith. Build up a little wall to protect themselves from thinking that the atheists might be right. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I posted the articles about the physicists who worked out the theoretical number of star systems that could have “seen”’ earth in the past 5000 years and the analysis of radio broadcasts and theoretically how far they could get and be answered and how many maybe habitable planets are in that zone because this shit IS fascinating to me.  And I’m not an astrophysicist. I’d never think of the idea “instead of asking what WE can see, let’s look the other way around,” but I can see the brilliance in doing it that way. And I sure as shit can’t check their work. 

I respect the hell out of the effort and the rigor and the seriousness, and I can understand how that works even if I can’t replicate it. And I guess it just has far more weight with me than piles of anecdotes and unsupported semi-profound contentions about how we really don’t understand anything at all. The one approach is how we actually got to space and split the atom, the other is just so much navel-gazing and avoidance of doing the really hard work. And the first way is how we will ever actually come to some sort of proof on these questions. 

Your assumptions are that the laws of physics as we know them with Light Speed as a limiting factor can not be altered.  This may or may not hold true, but if we assume it as a fact your premise still is missing something.

Why did they have to receive our signal?   We already are doing analysis of other stars and galaxies and identifying the "Goldilocks zone" for potential planets that we think would exist and would fall within what we define as the habitable zone.  What if other races did the same who were farther away than those who could have received a radio signal?    In this case they may have sent probes, ships or astronauts from farther away which we have been interacting with.

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

IMG_7324.png.c17dfaa9b0e1176a72a87de719c16b49.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Your assumptions are that the laws of physics as we know them with Light Speed as a limiting factor can not be altered.  This may or may not hold true, but if we assume it as a fact your premise still is missing something.

Why did they have to receive our signal?   We already are doing analysis of other stars and galaxies and identifying the "Goldilocks zone" for potential planets that we think would exist and would fall within what we define as the habitable zone.  What if other races did the same who were farther away than those who could have received a radio signal?    In this case they may have sent probes, ships or astronauts from farther away which we have been interacting with.

It doesn’t HAVE to be, it is just more likely. Look at how we try to find intelligent alien life with SETI. We have set up a huge array and listen. Because as I mentioned— we are in the “Goldilocks zone” but expanded into the universe, there are an uncountable number of Goldilocks zone planets. And we have been a silent planet completely devoid of “intelligent” life except for a blink of an eye in geological time. It’s so small that it’s hard to even put into words, our planet created life 3.8 billion years ago and it created life we’d recognize as intelligent about 2.5 million years ago, and something recognizable as civilization 5k. For the vast majority, you’d find bacteria like single felled organisms despite our sweet spot. 

So assuming that interstellar exploration is hard and they can’t just send out a ship to every possibly interesting place they see, there’s a series of probabilities that have to be met: 

1. Planet earth is visible- For most of the universe, we’re literally invisible. We only get a visitor if ships sent out randomly crashes into us. 

2. A civilization capable of seeing us arises in the visible zone, during the time our planet is visible. 

3. We were interesting enough to actually focus on (we know of many “Goldilocks planets” and yet our first probes will focus on a very few “most likely). 

4. That civilization’s ability to see us and try to make contact coincides with the time we are in their visible zone. For us— that’s about 50 years and counting, kind of, and it’s hard sledding. 

Because even on Goldilocks planets it’s safe to say that the window of intelligent life, based on our own history, is small indeed (granted, we don’t know the end of our story). And it stands to reason that any species out there looking for thinking meat would be doing similar things in terms of narrowing down their focus. 

The alternative— that some planet sent out probes into the void, randomly— is likely even less than some intelligence noticing us somehow. 

It is entirely possible that somewhere out there in the Goldilocks zone there is a smart civilization that arose and collapsed and left behind ruins before they every entered the bit of space where they could have seen us. Or that a planet is a few million years away and will just be exiting our field of view as a civilization beings to emerge. It’s probably more likely than the serendipity of syncing up with us. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Funny thing is, both sides are valid. 

How far away someone could be and “see” us is true. 

Also true is that we can’t assume or base another potential civilization on our own experience.

Where will our tech/understanding be in 1000 years?

The shit we can do now would be preposterous to those in 1023. And we really didn’t pick up the pace until the last century.

The concept of advanced civilizations that have significantly advanced capabilities and technology isn’t trivial. It’s quite plausible.

That’s not to say that it is a certainty that someone out there has stopped by, but it also cannot be ruled out as a possibility and simply dismissed as “there’s nobody close enough to have seen us yet, so they wouldn’t know to show up and take a look around.”

It has potential, but yet to be a confirmation.

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Bullshit. Let’s see your proof. We in the scientific and intellectual community are going to need to see that. Or are you basing that belief on faith? Because it sounds like the sort of malarkey religious believers tell each other to reassure themselves about their faith. Build up a little wall to protect themselves from thinking that the atheists might be right. 

https://www.john15.rocks/list-intellectual-atheists-scientists-became-christians-believed-god-bible/

C S Lewis as well. We are here because of an uncaused cause, some of us call that uncaused cause God.

Christopher Hitchens', probably the most outspoken atheist, today, has a brother that was also an atheist, Peter, that converted.

Madalyn Murray O'Hare's own son was a convert, William J. Murray.

This is all the thread derailment I am going to be responsible for. I am just tired of the Christians, on this board, being mocked and ridiculed, and just had enough of it. It is my belief that people that yell "there is no God" without an alternative explanation  of why there is a cosmos and life are disingenuous. If that is your belief, you better damn sure be right.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 4

On 7/22/2023 at 12:01 AM, ztejas said:

Dude. You're halfway there. Go watch the doc. 

For anyone interested, I'd say start with The Phenomenon then watch Moment of Contact. 

"Go watch the doc" is not an answer, it's deferring away to say "well uh, this convinced me, and I can't adequately explain it, but it says what I like, so it must be true!" Similar to the delusional aggies who believe "2000 Mules" is some brilliant piece of detective work. 

I'm not saying your doc is bad (I haven't seen it). I'm just saying if you think it's some incredible evidence, you should be able to explain, or at least summarize, what that evidence is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

It is my belief that people that yell "there is no God" without an alternative explanation  of why there is a cosmos and life are disingenuous. If that is your belief, you better damn sure be right.

CHIEF

I think the ultimate question that needs to be answered is "why is there anything?"  I don't know if it's a scientific or philosophical question.

15 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

That’s not to say that it is a certainty that someone out there has stopped by, but it also cannot be ruled out as a possibility and simply dismissed as “there’s nobody close enough to have seen us yet, so they wouldn’t know to show up and take a look around.”

Damnit. Started a reply, decided to wait, and it got saved and inserted into my next reply.

14 hours ago, CHIEF said:

https://www.john15.rocks/list-intellectual-atheists-scientists-became-christians-believed-god-bible/

C S Lewis as well. We are here because of an uncaused cause, some of us call that uncaused cause God.

Christopher Hitchens', probably the most outspoken atheist, today, has a brother that was also an atheist, Peter, that converted.

This is all the thread derailment I am going to be responsible for. I am just tired of the Christians, on this board, being mocked and ridiculed, and just had enough of it. It is my belief that people that yell "there is no God" without an alternative explanation  of why there is a cosmos and life are disingenuous. If that is your belief, you better damn sure be right.

CHIEF

11? Lol. Okay, then. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Okay, that reply I started. The limit to the speed of light, the size of the universe, and our relatively brief existence in it, is a huge limiting factor to the probability that any intelligent extra-terrestrial race has come to see us. Humanis have existed for a mere blip of time on the cosmic clock. Anyone traveling from much more than a couple hundred thousand light years away wasn’t coming to see us. Maybe they were coming to see Homo Erectus and found us. Maybe they were from farther away and were coming to see Homo Habilis. You see where this is going. The farther away they are, the farther back in time the light reaching them from our planet originated. So even if they had the technology to transport from one place in the universe to another instantaneously, there’s a relatively small sphere of space from where anyone could actually see humans. Outside of that sphere, they either came here to see something else, came to see what might be here, or came here by totally random chance. Everyone from more than 4.5 billion light years away, and there’s a lot of space outstanding that perimeter, doesn’t even see a planet when they look in our direction.

So regardless of the technology anyone else possesses, the chance of them coming here intentionally to observe humanity is vanishingly small. Add to that the fact that any other species need time themselves to evolve the intelligence necessary to create the technology for interstellar travel and they need to survive that technological advancement without destroying themselves. The universe is large enough and old enough that there are probably intelligent life forms that have evolved intelligence and technology and are long gone by now. There could be lots of intelligent life forms out there that are too far away to know that we’re here. Or have never looked in our direction. What’s so special or interesting about our little corner of the galaxy anyway? Or about our galaxy? Or our cluster of galaxies?

What makes us think we’re so interesting anyway?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2023 at 3:16 PM, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

This is such an incredibly funny argument for why you're right about something. "Christopher Hitchens' brother converted so we must be right!" Man, just think about that for like, two seconds.

• Hook 'Em 2

My prediction:

1) We see a lot of things that appear to be way beyond the technology we have.

2) We have some crashed ships but no aliens.

3) We totally haven't reverse engineered any tech. (Admitting so would negate a buncha patents on the stuff we have, indeed, reverse engineered.)

Edited by Parliament

On 7/24/2023 at 3:16 PM, CHIEF said:
CHIEF

Maybe if more Christians actually followed the example of Christ they wouldn’t be mocked so much. But they will just fall back to “I am a sinner, only Jesus is perfect” and then they go about being terrible people….

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Parliament said:

My prediction:

1) We see a lot of things that appear to be way beyond the technology we have.

2) We have some crashed ships but no aliens.

3) We totally haven't reverse engineered any tech. (Admitting so would negate a buncha patents on the stuff we have, indeed, reverse engineered.)

Re #2 - Grush said that we have "non-human biologics" recovered.

At this point it's either a psy-op or it's real. If you think a former intelligence official testifying in a congressional hearing under oath is just him fucking with people trying to perpetuate a hoax you're being rather obtuse. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Also,

-US corporations receiving shadow money to reverse engineer alien tech. 

-Our government has known about this since the 1930's

-To provide a list of cooperative and non-cooperative witnesses to congress as well as locations of crashes and recovered craft and locations of where to look for information regarding them.