UAP Pentagon Report (UFOs, Foo Fighters, Commie Drones)

Doc Reeves

26 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Its mummified monkey corpses. Prelude to the mummified baby Alpaca corpses used by Equadorian shamans for good luck. I just don't have an idea why mummified baby alpaca corpses are used for "good luck" rituals. I only have one belief, that is, I will have another drink of bourbon.

CHIEF

well it certainly wasn't lucky for the monkeys

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

But you're also not NOT talking about a trucker's penis.

3 hours ago, DougHdTx1968 said:

they sell them across from Mi Tierra

3 hours ago, DougHdTx1968 said:

Authentic pieces from native artisans showcasing their culture

They sell trucker penises?  Or native artisan penises?

On 8/10/2023 at 10:02 AM, axiom of foundation said:

An interesting theme that often underlies these discussions is teleology and the purpose of life & the universe itself.  An often unstated assumption of the anti-laws of physics/pro-sci fi crowd is that the purpose of life is to travel the stars and the inevitable next stage for the universe is to have sapient intergalactic travelers.  It's implied that the universe of star trek is the ultimate destination for our universe and the laws of physics are simply minor obstacles for us lowly hairless apes, but are no match for the powers of alien imagination.  For the sci fi crowd not only is it a certainty that extraterrestrial sapient life exists, but they also have god-like powers over the laws of nature.  And given enough time we will also ascend to alien god levels of mastery over the universe, and we will live within computers on space ships and not within meat suits on planets.

The problem with the above is that there is no reason to believe the universe itself has any inherent purpose or destination for life and it isn't driving towards anything except an ever increasing rise in entropy.  The universe is not a video game like SimEarth that we are destined to beat.  If we are going to personify the universe and imbue it with purpose, the only thing it seems to care about is following its rules.     

I read this in Mike Newhouse's voice and it was spectacular.

Maussan reported on a supposed alien body found in Peru in 2015 that was later debunked as the mummified corpse of a human child.

Benítez was also a lead researcher in the presentation of the debunked body discovery, which showed six three-finger mummified bodies in a YouTube video posted in 2017 by Gaia.com, which has been scrutinized as a conspiracy theory hub.
Maussan has worked as a journalist for more than 50 years. The 2017 video report he participated in, which showed alleged non-human remains later debunked as a mummified child’s corpse, was published by Gaia.com. The website charges $99 a year for videos on paranormal and supernatural subjects, including alien abductions. The website belongs to alternative video platform Gaia Inc.—a publicly traded company with a $52 million market cap. The bodies in the video report from Gaia are much larger than those presented to Mexican Congress on Tuesday, though all the bodies share some similarities, including three-finger hands and elongated heads. In 2010, Maussan hosted his own TV show, and by 2019 was the subject of a movie titled Maussan's UFO Files,” a one-hour documentary film that covered his pursuit of “the most controversial UFO events” in Mexican history. Maussan also has a YouTube channel, Maussan TV, with nearly 1 million subscribers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/aliens-in-mexico-not-so-fast-presenters-have-history-of-being-debunked/ar-AA1gG102

What are the chances that independent review/analysis will confirm the allegations presented to the Mexican Congress?

11 minutes ago, pantone159 said:

Help my gringo dumbass with this: Does this mean something like 'Imagine you live in Switzerland and do not have these things?' or something like that?

Pretty much. It's a sarcastic way of saying, imagine living in a normal country that doesn't have stuff like this.

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2023 at 2:21 PM, Viper said:

It's a shame the news is saturated with these frauds, hoaxers and uncritical promoters when scientists maybe have actually found signs of alien life

Yep, this National Inquirer thing creates more headwind to any sort of real and measured explorations into this kind of thing and hangs thick in the court of public perception and opinion.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

On this day: In 1973, former President Jimmy Carter reported a UFO sighting in Georgia. During his 1976 presidential campaign, he vowed to encourage the government to release all info on UFOs to the public, but later backtracked, citing national security.

That’s not entirely accurate. He did release a picture of the alien:

image.png.395bc33fcb196e0129c0450e752a0693.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BeardIP said:

On this day: In 1973, former President Jimmy Carter reported a UFO sighting in Georgia. During his 1976 presidential campaign, he vowed to encourage the government to release all info on UFOs to the public, but later backtracked, citing national security.

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

That’s not entirely accurate. He did release a picture of the alien:

image.png.395bc33fcb196e0129c0450e752a0693.png

Turns out the aliens were the rabbits we met along the way while we were simply trying to get away from the White House for a little bit and do a little bass fishing.

1280px-Jimmy_Carter_in_boat_chasing_away

Jimmy_Carter_in_boat_chasing_away_swimmi

16 hours ago, Homercles said:

I love the ones that espouse wrecked alien craft…like they traveled incredible distances over unfathomable amounts of time, just to cruce enfrente del autobus and crash?

This again? Hypothetically, if a species could create a space craft that could travel here, it doesn't mean they have perfectly mastered every aspect of it. Shit could've run into something in space and got damaged. Maybe they ran out of whatever substance they use for fuel. Maybe they were the first one from their species and their craft wasn't equipped to deal with something in our atmosphere. Maybe they were escaping a battle with another advanced species and their shit was damaged. Maybe the species is so advanced that all of them have some sort of space craft, but they don't all have top of the line shit. Could be an alien Lada. Could be drunk teenage aliens out on a joyride. As a species, we've got a pretty good grasp on air travel, but our planes still crash sometimes. 

3 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

This again? Hypothetically, if a species could create a space craft that could travel here, it doesn't mean they have perfectly mastered every aspect of it. Shit could've run into something in space and got damaged. Maybe they ran out of whatever substance they use for fuel. Maybe they were the first one from their species and their craft wasn't equipped to deal with something in our atmosphere. Maybe they were escaping a battle with another advanced species and their shit was damaged. Maybe the species is so advanced that all of them have some sort of space craft, but they don't all have top of the line shit. Could be an alien Lada. Could be drunk teenage aliens out on a joyride. As a species, we've got a pretty good grasp on air travel, but our planes still crash sometimes. 

Yeah, I don't think people are taking into account the "alien aggy" factor.  You know they got 'em.

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2023 at 10:02 AM, axiom of foundation said:

An interesting theme that often underlies these discussions is teleology and the purpose of life & the universe itself.  An often unstated assumption of the anti-laws of physics/pro-sci fi crowd is that the purpose of life is to travel the stars and the inevitable next stage for the universe is to have sapient intergalactic travelers.  It's implied that the universe of star trek is the ultimate destination for our universe and the laws of physics are simply minor obstacles for us lowly hairless apes, but are no match for the powers of alien imagination.  For the sci fi crowd not only is it a certainty that extraterrestrial sapient life exists, but they also have god-like powers over the laws of nature.  And given enough time we will also ascend to alien god levels of mastery over the universe, and we will live within computers on space ships and not within meat suits on planets.

The problem with the above is that there is no reason to believe the universe itself has any inherent purpose or destination for life and it isn't driving towards anything except an ever increasing rise in entropy.  The universe is not a video game like SimEarth that we are destined to beat.  If we are going to personify the universe and imbue it with purpose, the only thing it seems to care about is following its rules.     

What do people do who can't handle the notion that life is meaningless and that chaos is the true underlying principle of the universe? They cling to notions like religion or aliens because any explanation at all is more comfortable than accepting reality.  I, for one, urge everyone to embrace and accept the meaningless and banality of our existence.  For me, at least, it has actually led to much more meaningful relationships with my family, friends, and even strangers.  When you get down to the bones of it all, that's all we've got: a short amount of time to share with other people.  Make it count and stop staring at the heavens in a desperate attempt to find meaning in the meaningless.  Too many people waste their lives hiding behind the notion that something bigger and better is waiting for them when the big beautiful thing is already staring them right in the face - and rapidly slipping away.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Encounter just dropped on Netflix. E1 is about the Stephenville Lights and the local folks who witnessed it and how their lives changed. A different take on these usual stories.

Watched episode one. I had forgotten about this. 

The most interesting part for me was the dude who looked up at one of the ships through the scope on his rifle and saw an "insect looking creature" inside. 

10 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Encounter just dropped on Netflix. E1 is about the Stephenville Lights and the local folks who witnessed it and how their lives changed. A different take on these usual stories.

My in-laws lived on a ranch out in Hamilton County when this event occurred.  The didn’t see any lights or aliens but they were woken in the night by a sonic boom that rattled the house.  Father-in-law walked outside to see what was up and four more F-16 blew over supersonic at full afterburners headed northwest.  Never knew anything more than that but it was weird as shit as it occurred the same time as the supposed Stephenville lights event occurred.

Adding on to the religious theme of modern ufo-ology,

This is the nyt columnist that started the modern revival in 2017 talking about how aliens/uap's are part of the near death experiences and other dimensions, then her friends at skinwalker connect them to their Mormon religion. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Viper said:

This kind of tells you all you need to know about UFO = aliens believers. It's 21st century mythology. Bronze age humans explained what they didn't know with gods, modern man uses aliens.

You're like the "what the buck" of aliens.  Remember that believing they don't exist is just as irrational as believing they do exist.  

I quit posting in here because most of the posters in here are fucking idiots and don't know what they're talking about - but as far as anyone in here who believes or is willing to keep their mind open goes you have my support and I hope you keep at it. 

On 9/28/2023 at 3:04 PM, Samson's Wig said:

What do people do who can't handle the notion that life is meaningless and that chaos is the true underlying principle of the universe? They cling to notions like religion or aliens because any explanation at all is more comfortable than accepting reality.  I, for one, urge everyone to embrace and accept the meaningless and banality of our existence.  For me, at least, it has actually led to much more meaningful relationships with my family, friends, and even strangers.  When you get down to the bones of it all, that's all we've got: a short amount of time to share with other people.  Make it count and stop staring at the heavens in a desperate attempt to find meaning in the meaningless.  Too many people waste their lives hiding behind the notion that something bigger and better is waiting for them when the big beautiful thing is already staring them right in the face - and rapidly slipping away.

There are ways to really live in the present moment. What's the alternative? It is always now. However much you feel you may need to plan for the future, to anticipate it, to mitigate risks, the reality of your life is now. This may sound trite... but it's the truth... As a matter of conscious experience, the reality of your life is always now. I think this is a liberating truth about the human mind. In fact, I think there is nothing more important to understand about your mind than that if you want to be happy in this world. The past is a memory. It's a thought arising in the present. The future is merely anticipated, it is another thought arising now. What we truly have is this moment. And this. And we spend most of our lives forgetting this truth. Repudiating it. Fleeing it. Overlooking it. And the horror is that we succeed. We manage to never really connect with the present moment and find fulfillment there because we are continually hoping to become happy in the future, and the future never arrives.

Sam Harris, "Death and the Present Moment", speech at the Global Atheist Convention (April 2012)