Texas basketball '21-'22: Welcome Chris Beard

shadow_operative

6 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Somebody here suggested that they leave DKR open and put the game on the big screen there. I love that idea even more than this one. 

28 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

That might be the only way I'd attend the football game.

And if the football game runs over 3 hours, go ahead and put the basketball game on the big screen.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Somebody here suggested that they leave DKR open and put the game on the big screen there. I love that idea even more than this one. 

I passed that idea along to CDC, he liked it.  But said basically, "won't matter, we're gonna get it on the LHN at 11:00a and Hartzell and I are a plane to Spokane by 3:00p...so no way we'll keep DKR open for that many hours."  Made perfect sense logistically.  Then we kept shitting the bed in football since then.  Matter of fact, we haven't won a fucking game since I had that conversation with him.  And what's more...our own TV network told us to go get fucked.  So now, it's 6:30p on ESPNU.  Which means, we can't even show the fucking first half of the hoops game in the stadium because our nail-biter with Kansas will last until about 10:15p, or the end of the 1st half of the Gonzaga game.  I think they should put up the second half on the jumbotron, but the comprise was this Bevo Hangout area or whatever by East Mall.  

CDC is off to Spokane with the team tomorrow.  Hartzell has to stick around because it's DAA weekend so he can't leave the gameday festivities.  So yeah, every one of his bosses will be giving Sark the side-eye on Saturday because he fucked up an otherwise brilliant plan by being unable to win any fucking games since Labor Day it seems (note sarcasm).  

Good news is Eltife is getting our b-school alumni award tonight and he can go through his whole canned speech knowing that all of us are just stupified about what the fuck his obsession with Coach Sark was all about.  I'm sure Sark will turn it around, but we're in a rough place in a number of fronts right now in football (transfers, recruiting, on-the-field-play, conference realignment timetables, etc.).  And Eltife just keeps doubling down like this guy has all the access to the Spice.  Should be a real fucking hoot tonight, let's start drinking soon to pretend we don't give a shit.

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I always love your weird fantasy stories about TPTB at Texas.  You should start writing fiction. 

what's TPTB?  is that thing that South Austin's mom does.  

I'll have you know I've been down the halftime bar at the Erwin Center.  And that Corral Club for football.   So yeah.....kind of a big deal

Edited by Lobo

I don’t know anybody.  But I did pretend tweet that to CDC and Hartzell.  

Anyway, they really should put the second half on the Jumbotron but I suspect there’s also some legality/liability/liquor license shit to consider as well. 

Drinks on me tonight thru 4th quarter.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I don’t know anybody.  But I did pretend tweet that to CDC and Hartzell.  

Anyway, they really should put the second half on the Jumbotron but I suspect there’s also some legality/liability/liquor license shit to consider as well. 

Drinks on me tonight thru 4th quarter.  

chris farley GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Prediction:  Mass exodus from football stadium to East Mall around 9:15p (aka...start of the 4th quarter).

Then there'll be a rumor that we've mounted a comeback and are about to upset Kansas, and like a basketball school...we'll all ditch the basketball watch party to get back into the stadium to witness CFB history.

Edited by Lobo

Prediction:  Mass exodus from football stadium to East Mall around 9:15p (aka...start of the 4th quarter).
Then there'll be a rumor that we've mounted a comeback and are about to upset Kansas, and like a basketball school...we'll all ditch the basketball watch party to get back into the stadium to witness CFB history.
Are you a wizard?

It’s now 9:15.  I was walking out to the Gonzaga watch it party but we just pulled back within 7 points of Kansas and our humble program at a basketball school has a chance at the longshot upset of the Kansas powerhouse.  Guess I’ll stick around for CFB history.  

I’m the Wiz…and nobody beats me!

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It’s now 9:15.  I was walking out to the Gonzaga watch it party but we just pulled back within 7 points of Kansas and our humble program at a basketball school has a chance at the longshot upset of the Kansas powerhouse.  Guess I’ll stick around for CFB history.  

I’m the Wiz…and nobody beats me!

Dammit @Lobo What's the outcome of the gonzaga game?

Edited by Bevo14

15 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Dropped to 8th in the AP

A little harshly punished for losing to #1, but it's fine.  Villanova dropped 1 spot for losing to #2 in OT.  Kentucky dropped 3 spots for losing to #9 Duke. 

Still ahead of Baylor! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Don't know much about Seton Hall yet (but they play at #6 Michigan tomorrow night), but Stanford got whooped by Santa Clara 88-72 this weekend.  I still think there's a very good chance we head into Big XII/2022 play at 11-1 and back in the Top 3.  But Seton Hall could change that and Disu's timeline could change that.  Obviously rankings this early don't mean much, but we can't afford a hickup against a team like Stanford at a neutral site venue if we want to remain competitive for a Top 4 seed.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Don't know much about Seton Hall yet (but they play at #6 Michigan tomorrow night), but Stanford got whooped by Santa Clara 88-72 this weekend.  I still think there's a very good chance we head into Big XII/2022 play at 11-1 and back in the Top 3.  But Seton Hall could change that and Disu's timeline could change that.  Obviously rankings this early don't mean much, but we can't afford a hickup against a team like Stanford at a neutral site venue if we want to remain competitive for a Top 4 seed.  

There’s more than a chance, it should be the expectation. Not being 11-1 would be a disappointment. Seton Hall is the only team with a pulse.

3 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

What is he wearing that he is doing so NOT in the manner it was designed to be worn?

Ok, here’s some old Gen Xers that pre-date the current generations of utes. 
image.jpeg.4c83167eb8aa20e5d01cb941ceaf5b91.jpeg

like I said, kids/fashion be stoopid forever. Only thing funnier is some fuddy-duddy taking offense. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Ok, here’s some old Gen Xers that pre-date the current generations of utes. 
image.jpeg.4c83167eb8aa20e5d01cb941ceaf5b91.jpeg

like I said, kids/fashion be stoopid forever. Only thing funnier is some fuddy-duddy taking offense. 

My original comment was fairly tongue-in-cheek.  I think all of it looks pretty stupid, but if you think I am actually offended (not to mention a "fuddy-duddy") you really might just be a bit too on edge.  Have a drink and lighten up, Francis.

And as far a Kriss Kross being Gen-X, they were the absolute ass-end of Gen-X.  Hardly representative.  Much more appeal to the Millennials.

Edited by TrashMaster G