Texas basketball '21-'22: Welcome Chris Beard

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, Bottlecap said:

Nice, for $10 bucks you get both the Mens and Womens game as a double header, right? Thats a steal for a couple of badass teams.

correct.  there are also a bunch of $5 GA tix on ticketmaster or stubhub but i'm wondering if those are real.

Edited by gsoda3

On 11/2/2021 at 11:05 AM, Luv2win said:

Yeah, have had issues with Vidgo server but for most part it's been OK for me for last 7 months. Have come to despise all pay TV due to the enormous amount of ad/commercial content. Really is out of control. But, it is what is will be.....Hook'em!

So much this.  Channel surfing has become nothing more than hopping from one commercial to another.  Nothing is watchable in real time.  If I can't record it, I can't watch it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Regardless of what transpires this upcoming season, I have to pause and just take a moment and ruminate on how monumental of an off-season this program just experienced. A complete upgrade in all facets. In just a few months. We may not truly be able to gauge the shift that occurred until late March. And I can't fucking wait.

43 pages for the offseason thread and it's all sunshine and kittens. Derka and Gregory have been avoiding too much tusslin', and BWG brought us all together in laughter. Because we all feel it in our bones what's happened/ing. It's been a hot minute, and still need to show out, but it sure feels good to be back in the big leagues. So as we get ready for tip off of what projects to be a magical season (especially considering the last time the Horns took the floor), let's put the Horns Up! and close out Erwin with a monster year.

🤘🤘

Spoiler

No alcohol or drugs were involved in the making of this post. Motherfucker, I'm high on hoops!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

What does that mean? Like punch and a DJ and shit?

At Tech, this was one of the reasons why the fan base adored Beard. He bought all students attending a game Whataburger one time. Party for Texas students might be Double Dave’s Pizza or Whataburger as well

Edited by perfectchaos007

16 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

At Tech, this was one of the reasons why the fan base adored Beard. He bought all students attending a game Whataburger one time. Party for Texas students might be Double Dave’s Pizza or Whataburger as well

John Mackovic bought everybody waiting in line for tickets pizza once.  Didn’t seem to buy him much goodwill.

24 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I once knew a donor who, if your team won a national championship in college basketball, would buy you and your teammates Domino's or Burger King.  So Double Dave's or What-a-Burger sounds pretty bad ass.  

I can’t even imagine how despondent I would be with the Astros losing the World Series, this late term abortion of a football team of Shaka was still here. 
Just a real blessing to see what Beard did overnight to take what might have been likely to be the shittiest basketball team we’d had since prior to Penders and replaced it with a top 5 roster. 
just incredible work. 

• Hook 'Em 9

10 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I can’t even imagine how despondent I would be with the Astros losing the World Series, this late term abortion of a football team of Shaka was still here. 
Just a real blessing to see what Beard did overnight to take what might have been likely to be the shittiest basketball team we’d had since prior to Penders and replaced it with a top 5 roster. 
just incredible work. 

We're in the same fandom boat.

I need a conference championship and at least a Sweet 16.

On 11/6/2021 at 10:01 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

just incredible work. 

I know this sounds aggy cause well it’s aggy level thinking, but I can’t thank Abilene Christian enough. If they didn’t beat us, who knows? Yeah UCLA probably would’ve steamrolled us. But Coleman, Kai, Ramey and Jones were more than capable of taking the game over.  It would happen like once every 4-5 games, but then Coleman goes off and we play aggressive defense and eek one out. Anyways yeah. It’s March madness. But thank you Abilene Christian. Thank you so fucking much. 

I can’t fucking wait to watch real offensive game plans with players moving and shit. End of Barnes era and all of Shakas tenure our offense was  pretty much this 

Edited by Fletch

19 hours ago, Fletch said:

I know this sounds aggy cause well it’s aggy level thinking, but I can’t thank Abilene Christian enough. If they didn’t beat us, who knows? Yeah UCLA probably would’ve steamrolled us. But Coleman, Kai, Ramey and Jones were more than capable of taking the game over.  It would happen like once every 4-5 games, but then Coleman goes off and we play aggressive defense and eek one out. Anyways yeah. It’s March madness. But thank you Abilene Christian. Thank you so fucking much. 

I can’t fucking wait to watch real offensive game plans with players moving and shit. End of Barnes era and all of Shakas tenure our offense was  pretty much this 

I think Jackie Moon caught as many post entry passes in that one possession as Shakas teams managed in his entire career at Texas. 

• Rage+1 1

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/32518443/newcomer-impact-rankings-which-college-basketball-freshmen-transfers-lead-teams-2021-22

3. Marcus Carr, Texas (transfer): Carr is the headliner of Texas' transfer-heavy squad this season. He earned third-team All-Big Ten honors at Minnesota last season and will have the ball in his hands from day one in Austin.

17. Tre Mitchell, Texas (transfer): In terms of skill and potential, Mitchell should be one of the best big men in the country. He dominated the Atlantic 10 for two seasons with UMass and hopes to carry that over to the Big 12. Put up 18.8 points last season.

47. Dylan Disu, Texas (transfer): Disu is the X-factor for Texas this season. He's been limited after undergoing knee surgery in February, but he averaged 15.0 points and 9.2 rebounds at Vanderbilt and brings physicality and size inside.

56. Timmy Allen, Texas (transfer): With the Longhorns' depth in the backcourt and in the post, Allen might not see the same role he had last season at Utah -- but he's extremely versatile and averaged 17.2 points and 3.9 assists while earning first-team all-league honors.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Everything looked good last night except defensive rebounding. Team looked cohesive and talented. 

I'm hoping to see them keep it within 10 at Gonzaga and then do what Beard does and build up to a solid conference and a Sweet 16/Elite 8 performance in March. A conference/conference tourney title or Final 4 bid would be overachieving

• Hook 'Em 1