2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

48 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

The team didn't get to do any work at all on the field yesterday or today. No outdoor bp either.

Absurd that they spent all that money on a stadium in Hotlanta and didn't put a retractable roof on it. 

Fuck Rob Manfred!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

The team didn't get to do any work at all on the field yesterday or today. No outdoor bp either.

Absurd that they spent all that money on a stadium in Hotlanta and didn't put a retractable roof on it. 

is this really that big of a deal? it's a baseball field made-up of grass and dirt. 

2 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

is this really that big of a deal? it's a baseball field made-up of grass and dirt. 

I can't say but I think it's far better to get a workout in than not, especially bp. For a World Series game I prefer the team not have to face circumstances out of the normal routine. 

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

I can't say but I think it's far better to get a workout in than not, especially bp. For a World Series game I prefer the team not have to face circumstances out of the normal routine. 

BP is hated by almost all MLB players as a huge waste of time. That’s not where they get real work in, they do it in the batting cages hitting off tees & high speed pitching machines. Not the pitching coach just lobbing balls at them.

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

BP is hated by almost all MLB players as a huge waste of time. That’s not where they get real work in, they do it in the batting cages hitting off tees & high speed pitching machines. Not the pitching coach just lobbing balls at them.

@Helobious is used to the yankee line up, why should those guys go out and practice striking out ?