Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Keep Austin Beard

Machinator

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This is how (some of)you end up disappointed at objectively good seasons and coaches.

It'll end up like the people in the baseball threads saying this season showed how Pierce isn't up to Texas' standard because he only came in 3rd at Omaha.

Fify

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

These are good.

Nick Harris (Horns 247), on Marcus Carr.

Hide contents

I think this is the - or one of the - pics referred to below.

image.thumb.png.b5205f27d9c3aa29457c1df0ba3b44d7.png

image.thumb.png.5b14a105d82a8bbadba433785f626e60.png

Attaway Brock. Even if he hasn't signed the papers, it's just better for everyone now if he does. There's levels to this.

(He's probably already signed the papers)

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Attaway Brock. Even if he hasn't signed the papers, it's just better for everyone now if he does. There's levels to this.

(He's probably already signed the papers)

Well, Brock's a Cunningman ... 

Very Funny Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Getafix said:

These are good.

Nick Harris (Horns 247), on Marcus Carr.

Reveal hidden contents

I think this is the - or one of the - pics referred to below.

image.thumb.png.b5205f27d9c3aa29457c1df0ba3b44d7.png

image.thumb.png.5b14a105d82a8bbadba433785f626e60.png

Isn't there a document a kid can sign that binds the school to the kid but not the kid to the school? I'm not sure if the financial aid agreement is it - I know the LOI binds the kid to the school. 

7 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Isn't there a document a kid can sign that binds the school to the kid but not the kid to the school? I'm not sure if the financial aid agreement is it - I know the LOI binds the kid to the school. 

That is correct it’s the financial aid agreement. We learned this one from bru mccoy 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The financial aid papers are what you’re talking about.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I believe that it is a marriage license to the coach’s daughter. 

💥

14 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

So many salty Tceh fans tweeting at the NCAA about the Carr visit.  I can't wait until we beat their sorry asses by 40 points in Tortillaville.

They’re going to debate the merits of booing Beard on sports talk radio for WEEKS leading up to the game. And they absolutely will. 

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

When I describe Tech fans to out of staters, they’re in disbelief that they can exist. Eagles level shitty fans at their home games, and when we beat them they shrug their shoulders and return to the desert never to be heard from again. 

Still not as bad as aggy fans. I would even take them over the 'holier than thou' Baylor fans, too. But yes, their incessant bitching about Chris Beard is becoming slightly annoying.

46 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Suave moves by Beard.

Tech bitches just salty cause he gave them the Axe.

Yeah, I think we are in the free and clear. It's not like he was given a bunch of free tickets and then tried to selsun.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Still not as bad as aggy fans. I would even take them over the 'holier than thou' Baylor fans, too. But yes, [Tech fans'] incessant bitching about Chris Beard is becoming slightly annoying.

I don't interact with anyone who went to Tech.

I try to avoid Aggies at all cost. (Though I know a few from before college who I remain friends with, though I don't understand why they went there.)

I have been fortunate enough not to endure any incessant bitching, nor do I foresee a day when I ever might happen into it. I have found that it is fairly simple to avoid Tech fans. I highly recommend other give it a shot as well.

8 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

But yes, their incessant bitching about Chris Beard is becoming slightly annoying.

i don’t know, I’m still enjoying it. The only time I heard anything I pretended to not know about the coaching change since it was “just basketball”

there’s still a lot more fun to be had before they become sad.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I don't interact with anyone who went to Tech.

I try to avoid Aggies at all cost. (Though I know a few from before college who I remain friends with, though I don't understand why they went there.)

I have been fortunate enough not to endure any incessant bitching, nor do I foresee a day when I ever might happen into it. I have found that it is fairly simple to avoid Tech fans. I highly recommend other give it a shot as well.

This is the recommended course of treatment for most interactions with people from Tech.

• Haha 1

VIP intel for new Crystal Ball Prediction for five-star hoops target

Nick Harris

(" ...  I'll be adding a third five-star to that list today with a pick for Lewisville (Texas) iSchool Entrepreneurial Academy five-star point guard Arterio Morris with a confidence score of 8.")

Spoiler

VIP intel for new Crystal Ball Prediction for five-star hoops target

Nick Harris

While Texas has been making headlines in the hunt for transfer talent, Chris Beard and the Longhorns coaching staff have been working diligently behind the scenes in recruiting 2022 talent in-state and out-of-state.

I have entered two Crystal Balls in favor of Texas already in 2022 for Lewisville (Texas) iSchool Entrepreneurial Academy five-star shooting guard Keyonte George and Coppell (Texas) five-star combo guard Anthony Black, and I'll be adding a third five-star to that list today with a pick for Lewisville (Texas) iSchool Entrepreneurial Academy five-star point guard Arterio Morris with a confidence score of 8.

Sources have indicated that Morris is closing in on a decision with the Longhorns being the most likely option. Kentucky remains in the hunt courtesy of the strong work of assistant coach Jai Lucas, but Texas' pitch to possibly play alongside George once again at the college level and the opportunity to win early at Texas may be too tough to overcome.

Texas has been trending heavily for Morris for about three months now, but a possible opportunity to play professionally in the NBA G-League or overseas has always posed a threat, and that will still be the case. If Morris were to commit to Texas, it would not be a done deal until he chooses to not pursue any pro opportunities that will certainly come his way after his senior season. That being said, committing to Texas creates a much-needed advantage for the Longhorns in the race and it may give Morris reason to shut down any talk of pro opportunities before they come.

Another thing I wanted to be sure to address here is the numbers game that is starting to shake out with the guards in 2022. Would Texas take Morris, George and Black? Most definitely. Will they be able to land all three? That's where it gets murky.

I see Texas landing George and Morris. Black is the wildcard. The Coppell guard has had a huge spring that has seen him rise to five-star status and pick up key offers from Gonzaga and Duke. Those two schools are going to be really tough to turn down, especially given how rare it is for those two schools to offer a prospect. For that reason, I have lowered my confidence for my Texas Crystal Ball to 3. I think Texas still holds a lead here, but that big lead has quickly closed with Gonzaga and Duke applying pressure. If Texas fills two guard spots with Morris and George, that lead could change.

With all that said, it's also important to remember that all three of these guards are close friends. Could that be enough to keep the lead for Texas in the race for Black? We'll have to wait and see. Nevertheless, this is a good problem to have if you're the Texas coaching staff.

• Hook 'Em 1

Good Lord. If we add Carr this year, that will be 3 1st team all conference guys, Disu and Bishop, who are both studs, and Askew who was a top 35 guy in the country that could be here for multiple years and develop into a great starter for us, and the Tech guy. That lineup alone could challenge for top 10 in the country. 

If Beard follows that up with 3 5-stars in 2022 plus maybe another recruit or two and/or transfers, will he have to be considered the best recruiter in CBB at that point?

I still can’t believe what an incredible job he’s done in recruiting, and it’s not like he’s a guy that’s known for being only a recruiter. He’s one of the best pure coaches in the country too, except for Adams of course. I’m believing more and more every day that CDC went out and hired the best possible guy for the job bar none. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, fellside said:

I'm ignorant on Carr. What makes him elite despite the 38% shooting?

https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/marcus-carr-scouting-report/

Solid scorer off the dribble
Decent shooter
Tremendous free throw generator
Solid playmaker
Solid rebounder for his size
Decent defender
Solid athlete

He averaged almost 5 assists per game last year and 6.7 the year before.  

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/marcus-carr-scouting-report/

Solid scorer off the dribble
Decent shooter
Tremendous free throw generator
Solid playmaker
Solid rebounder for his size
Decent defender
Solid athlete

Also, being on a team with way bigger threats than he had at Minny is going to make him more efficient. Minnesota was a godawful shooting team last year.

• Hook 'Em 4

17 hours ago, Teryor said:

Also, being on a team with way bigger threats than he had at Minny is going to make him more efficient. Minnesota was a godawful shooting team last year.

This is true.

2020-21: 39.2% FG, 28.4% 3P% - Carr averaged 4.9 apg
2019-20: 42.5% FG, 33.7% 3P% - Carr averaged 6.7 apg

Texas' talent looks way more like 2019-20 Minny than last year.  Dude will thrive.