DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

4 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Either way, you’re wrong. The child in question was taken to Nebraska for surgery and then Phoenix for palliative care, that’s not neglect. 

As far as the metaphor, the child had a congenital heart defect. That would mean the car in question is a lemon, putting that on the mechanic is ridiculous. 

Well, I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. They have an impossible and often thankless job. 

How cute Chrispy troll. Comparing a child with a heart defect to a lemon car. 

Could you possibly make yourself a more obvious troll? I mean I’m sorry, but nobody is as shitty a person as you try to make yourself out to be on the net. 

5 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Looks like this particular kid had a congenital heart defect. 

This was literally your first post on the topic of the 10 year old girl whom died.  It was also your first post on this entire page, which dates back to May 17th.  

3 hours ago, Chrispy said:

That wasn’t my first response, actually. It’s difficult to take you seriously when you’re struggling with the basics. 

So whom is struggling with the basics?  Don’t worry though, no one takes you seriously anyways.

17 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

How cute Chrispy troll. Comparing a child with a heart defect to a lemon car. 

Could you possibly make yourself a more obvious troll? I mean I’m sorry, but nobody is as shitty a person as you try to make yourself out to be on the net. 

Captain started the strange car mechanic stuff, I just went with the flow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

This was literally your first post on the topic of the 10 year old girl whom died.  It was also your first post on this entire page, which dates back to May 17th.  

So whom is struggling with the basics?  Don’t worry though, no one takes you seriously anyways.

Meh, my second post referenced that she showed to the border medically fragile. The first post just provided to some context wrt the the child’s death, we both know this board can spiral fairly quickly. Boy, we’re really down in the weeds here. 

Wait, you guys don’t take me seriously? This political sub forum on a website dedicated to Longhorn sports sure is serious bidness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Either way, you’re wrong. The child in question was taken to Nebraska for surgery and then Phoenix for palliative care, that’s not neglect. 
As far as the metaphor, the child had a congenital heart defect. That would mean the car in question is a lemon, putting that on the mechanic is ridiculous. 
Well, I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. They have an impossible and often thankless job. 

What is it called if you ignore symptoms and wait till surgery is needed?

13 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

What is it called if you ignore symptoms and wait till surgery is needed?

Potentially criminally negligent homicide. With an enhancement due to the age of the victim. Not that it would ever be prosecuted, due to guys like Chrispy pretends to be on the net. 

Sure, better give the folks enabling sexual predators to work with children the benefit of the doubt. They sure have earned a vote of confidence. Better take more children away from their parents and deny them access to pediatricians because the kids parents knew the risk and we'll punish the children for the decisions of the parents. 

You know, the American way, right?

32 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Do you believe that adequate checks and examinations were given upon arrival and followed up on?

Seems like they are getting what they are paying for in some cases and most of the time more than that.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Seems like they are getting what they are paying for in some cases and most of the time more than that.

Not familiar with your on here but you aren’t serious right? This little deserved to die because we took her parents away and she couldn’t pay for exams?

27 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Do you believe that adequate checks and examinations were given upon arrival and followed up on?

I would doubt echocardiography is a typical screening upon arrival. Unless, of course, it was a previously known condition and her parents marched her thousands of miles anyway. That I truly don’t want to believe. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Not familiar with your on here but you aren’t serious right? This little deserved to die because we took her parents away and she couldn’t pay for exams?

With the best care in the world kids still die when they are sick enough.  Deserves has nothing to do with this in my opinion.  The system is broken and unsustainable at the current rate of people coming and the amount per person the US  government is spending on each. (reportedly $70,000 per person on average in their first 5 years in the country)  The US is very generous and is getting a bad rap.

The 30% of the children not coming across with their own kin are making it worse for those that are.  The people who didn't show for their court dates have now made it more difficult for all coming across because they aren't being released, trusted, anymore.

Those that endure will be better for it here in this great country.  There will be those that, unfortunately, don't make it.  

I believe the doctors did and do what they can to do their best given the circumstances.

I really don't see how someone can justify a child who was brought to this country illegally with no real ability to make the decision on their own not receiving proper medical care. Maybe the parents were shitbags and didn't care. That still doesn't absolve us of the responsibility to do our best to take care of someone who had no choice in their situation.

Our immigration policy under this administration is a huge mess at best  I have a brother in law who came here on a student visa. He ended up overstaying his visa because he was in a relationship with my wife's sister and they ended up getting pregnant. So they got married. Yes, he broke the law by overstaying his visa, but it was under circumstances that are entirely honorable. He needed to provide for his kid. He has been granted permission to stay because of the circumstances and is working on getting his green card. Under pretty much any other administration he would have had it long ago, but now that has been delayed and delayed. He is educated and hard working and supports his family, but I guess being brown is a sin too great for our country to bear without waiting six years or more.

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency announced Tuesday that it had sought custody of two MS-13 members accused of beating and stabbing a 14-year-old girl to death in Maryland last month.

Josue Fuentes-Ponce, 16, of Bladensburg, Md. and Joel Escobar, 17, of Northeast Washington D.C , both natives of El Salvador, were arrested by Prince George's County (Md.) police last week and charged as adults with first-degree murder in the death of Ariana Funes-Diaz, whose body was found in a creek May 15.

In a statement, ICE said it had lodged a detainer with the Prince George's County Detention Center in May 2018 after Fuentes-Ponce and Escobar were arrested and charged with attempted first-degree murder, attempted second-degree murder, participation in gang activity, conspiracy to commit murder and attempted robbery, among other offenses. However, the agency said both were released "on an unknown date and time without notification to ICE."

According to ICE, Fuentes-Ponce crossed into the U.S. in December 2015 "as part of a family unit" in Texas. An immigration judge ordered his removal in absentia in March 2017. Escobar was taken into custody as an unaccompanied juvenile in August 2016 near McAllen, Texas and was later released to a family member in the Washington D.C. area.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ice-again-seeks-detention-of-maryland-teens-accused-in-murder-of-14-year-old-girl

• Like 2

ICE Agent Can’t Believe He Being Reprimanded For Child Who Died All Those Months Ago

Spoiler

stalt1w9iqkvubldloji.jpg 

CASA PADRE, TX—Saying the incident was so long ago that he had difficulty recalling the girl’s face, ICE agent Ed Thornton couldn’t believe he was being reprimanded Friday for a child who died months ago. “I accidentally killed this toddler, like, six months ago, but literally all my coworkers have had kids die during their shifts, so I don’t get why I’m being singled out all of a sudden,” said Thornton, noting that his supervisor assured him that the rebuke was “total bullshit,” but government policy meant it would have to be written up in his file. “Everyone is forgetting that as soon the other children called me to their cage to tell me she wasn’t breathing, I immediately put a blanket over her and filled out the proper paperwork. But I guess no one cares about the 99% of the time when you’re doing your job correctly. All they care about is pointing out a piddly little mistake.” At press time, Thornton was clocking out early to avoid taking the blame for a child who seemed close to dying of pneumonia.

Washington (CNN)The Department of Homeland Security's Inspector General has found "dangerous overcrowding" and unsanitary conditions at an El Paso, Texas, Border Patrol processing facility following an unannounced inspection, according to a report obtained by CNN.

The IG found "standing room only conditions" at the El Paso Del Norte Processing Center, which has a maximum capacity of 125 migrants, but on May 7 and 8, logs indicated that there were "approximately 750 and 900 detainees, respectively."
A cell with a maximum capacity of 12 held 76 detainees, another with a maximum capacity of 8 held 41 detainees, and another with a maximum capacity of 35 held 155 detainees, according to the report.
"(Customs and Border Protection) was struggling to maintain hygienic conditions in the holding cells. With limited access to showers and clean clothing, detainees were wearing soiled clothing for days or weeks," the report states.

"We also observed detainees standing on toilets in the cells to make room and gain breathing space, thus limiting access to the toilets," it adds.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/31/politics/inspector-general-warns-overcrowded-conditions/index.html

Only 1 out of 10 catch and release participants showing for asylum hearing. 

Since December 21, 2018, DHS has released at least 190,500 border crossers and illegal aliens into the interior of the United States. Acting DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan told Congress this month that those foreign nationals are eventually given work permits that allow them to take U.S. jobs while awaiting their asylum hearings.

In testimony before Congress this month, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials said that the agency had recently conducted a pilot program with the Department of Justice (DOJ) to test how many recent illegal aliens would show up to their asylum hearings after being released into the U.S.

The results, an ICE official told Congress, were that about 87 percent of illegal aliens, or almost 9-in-10, recently released by DHS into the U.S. did not show up to their asylum hearings. With illegal aliens not showing up to their scheduled hearings, the ICE official said, the agency is then forced to grapple with attempting to locate and deport each illegal alien, an almost impossible task that strains federal resources.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/30/nearly-nine-in-ten-illegal-aliens-recently-released-into-u-s-not-showing-up-to-court-hearings/

We should just put a ninja warrior type obstacle course along the entire border, but deadly, with spikes and stuff instead of padding if you fall. Maybe mix in a little MXC. If you survive and make it across you get to be an American. Places like Santa Elena canyone could even be left as is under this plan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

We're well past the Nazi Germany comparisons in this administration, but this sounds like some evil Nazi shit.

What's the over/under on how long it will be before we 1) pull any gold teeth we find, and 2) mint them into commemorative MAGA coins?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Relating back to the arguments that were being made that the immigrants dying in custody are getting perfectly fine care......

@Chrispy sure seems like they deserve the benefit of the doubt still huh? Although I bet you don't really mind immigrant children dying in internment camps, so maybe this is all just gravy for you.

24 minutes ago, Captainant said:

@Chrispy sure seems like they deserve the benefit of the doubt still huh? Although I bet you don't really mind immigrant children dying in internment camps, so maybe this is all just gravy for you.

Yes, I give them the benefit of the doubt. The crisis has overwhelmed our agencies. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 4

Family Case Management System and Alternatives to Detention both had good levels of compliance.

Immigrants who want to come and contribute? Let's lock them up in camps. 

According to the Inspector General report, overall compliance in the five cities where the pilot was launched was 99 percent for ICE check-ins and appointments, and 100 percent for attendance in court hearings. Just 2 percent of participants absconded during the process.

ICE said it canceled the program because it was too expensive compared to other monitoring methods, and because it did not remove enough asylum seekers from the U.S.

“After a review of the Family Case Management Program (FCMP), ICE discontinued the program in June 2017. The rates of compliance for FCMP were consistent with other monitoring options ICE exercises under Alternatives to Detention (ATD), which proved to be a much better use of limited resources,” ICE spokesperson Sarah Rodriguez told NBC News in a statement.

"Additionally, removals of individuals on ATD occur at a much higher rate than the FCMP," Rodriguez added. "Over the lifespan of FCMP, there were only 15 removals from this program, as opposed to more than 2,200 from ATD in the same period. There are no plans to reinstate the FCMP at this time."

The numbers aren't quite comparable, however, since there were roughly 75 times more enrollees in the other ATD programs ICE cited. FCMP's rate of removal was just over half that of the other ATD programs.

A second ICE spokesman added that the other ATD methods also had a compliance rate of over 99 percent, too. Those cost between $5 and $7 a day per adult.

Immigration advocates contend that the intensive supervision — frequent appointments at ICE and ankle monitors — is intrusive and criminalizing. Obser said the methods are “inappropriate and unnecessary for many of the people” seeking asylum, as many have already experienced trauma.

Detaining the families who cross the U.S.-Mexico border illegally — even if they request asylum, as many have under the Trump administration's new "zero tolerance" policy — is more expensive than any monitoring method. Keeping families together can cost nearly $300 per person, per day. Detaining migrant children separately from their parents can cost as much as $775 per day in the tent cities the Trump administration has rushed to construct to handle the surge of children removed from their parents.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/immigration-border-crisis/obama-era-pilot-program-kept-asylum-seeking-migrant-families-together-n885896

• Like 1

American private investment in Central America backed by US and Mexico. 

In what?  Recycling 

China recently stopped accepting the worlds recycling materials and now much of that waste ends up in a traditional landfill. There is a void in a major growth industry that requires tons of basic manual labor and man power for sorting etc, and it helps the environment. This void should be filled by Central America who has the labor force to pull it off  

They can be come the recycling capital of the world and fill a need for the economic migrants and the world’s need (and US) for massive recycling. 

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Every liberal for gun confiscation of any kind needs to be FOR the wall. Our non-existent border can’t keep anything from crossing and illegal weapons are just a new source of profit that can eventually replace drug trafficking 

Other than the fact that a 2000 mile long won't work worth a shit, sure.

And of course, we already have a guns-crossing-the-border problem.....it's just the other way. 70% of the recovered weapons used in crime in Mexico came from the US.  Sounds like Mexico needs to slap some tariffs on the US until we get a handle on all the illegal weapons we're letting into their country, amirite?

19 hours ago, Captainant said:

These kids have heartbeats too. 

• Like 1