Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I went back and read Roach's post-morterm on that class and he said something to the effect that Watts and Texas/Herman just weren't a fit and both parties moved on. 

Well when you're on a private jet with the coach and his wife tries to throw you out of the door at 37.4K feet, it's best everyone move on.

I think that's what happened anyway, I could be confusing stories.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I went back and read Roach's post-morterm on that class and he said something to the effect that Watts and Texas/Herman just weren't a fit and both parties moved on. 

Here it is

On 2/6/2020 at 2:14 PM, RGBIII said:

After offering Ryan Watts early, both parties went their separate ways. There weren’t many juicy details there. I think both sides found better fits elsewhere.

55 minutes ago, Goodman said:

I'd love to know where Brennan sits on Sark's priority board for WR. Outstanding straighline speed but Sark's WR seem much more well rounded with hands, quickness and overall fb IQ. Brennan also looks 5'9/10 without skills that usually make guys that height a target. We'll find out soon but I feel we would already have him in the class if Sark wanted it to be.

He's high on the board. His recruitment has had complications (handler) at this point whos been pushing him to aTm, but there's optimism on Texas's side that could be sorted. This is most certainly not a case of "If we really wanted him he would be committed" whatsoever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Goodman said:

I'd love to know where Brennan sits on Sark's priority board for WR. Outstanding straighline speed but Sark's WR seem much more well rounded with hands, quickness and overall fb IQ. Brennan also looks 5'9/10 without skills that usually make guys that height a target. We'll find out soon but I feel we would already have him in the class if Sark wanted it to be.

Henry Ruggs is a pretty solid comp for Brenen Thompson and Sark had no trouble utilizing him as a WR in his offense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

May or may not be recruiting related

Kate Beckinsale has been rushed to the hospital in Las Vegas.

Sources connected to Kate tell TMZ ... the 'Underworld' star has been staying at The Signature at MGM Grand while in town to shoot the film, "Prisoner's Daughter." We're told around 10:30 AM Friday morning, her back went out and it was bad enough that she was rushed to a nearby hospital by ambulance.

We're told at the time of this posting Kate is still in the ER. Her condition is unclear ... we're told this is all happening in real-time.

2 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Sources connected to Kate tell TMZ ... the 'Underworld' star has been staying at The Signature at MGM Grand while in town to shoot the film, "Prisoner's Daughter." We're told around 10:30 AM Friday morning, her back went out and it was bad enough that she was rushed to a nearby hospital by ambulance.

We're told at the time of this posting Kate is still in the ER. Her condition is unclear ... we're told this is all happening in real-time.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Roach, on OLs.  Interesting.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.f493f104cc2b7b2a5e6e7e2bf7a75a8a.png

Added Dewberry to this set, later in the thread.

I'd like to point out that "best shot with" doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as "having a good shot" with any of them. My immediate thoughts were "Ha, Ha, and Who?.gif"

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Reading this last page and it appears to be kool-aid season. Suddenly 9.95ers saying we lead for Stewart, Brenen, have a mystery flip listening and multiple portals. 

We better not shit the bed tomorrow against our one SEC opponent of the year.

League Sacrifice GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Reading this last page and it appears to be kool-aid season. Suddenly 9.95ers saying we lead for Stewart, Brenen, have a mystery flip listening and multiple portals. 

We better not shit the bed tomorrow against our one SEC opponent of the year.

This won't be the only SEC opponent this year

• Hook 'Em 8

Speaking of speed- if Blue doesnt work out I wish they would take a look at Major Everhart. He's just as fast as B Thompson and has great vision. 10.38 hundred meter, 21.42 two hundred. Thats elite speed. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Major-Everhart-46100657/

Plus, he's teammates with 2023 Top 100 DL Avion Carter, who is going to give Texas a serious look. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Avion-Carter-46111808/

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Stockton's girlfriend in college might have been the absolute hottest chick on the entire campus. Holy shit.

Not sure which year you're referring to, but it had to be 1999 when a friend of mine started dating an insanely hot blonde chick who had just broken up with Stockton.  No idea if it's the same girl, or possibly the one before or after the one you're referring to.  He could have had a revolving door of hot blonde chicks.

Strangely enough, that friend of mine is a doctor as well, and they are married.

28 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Speaking of speed- if Blue doesnt work out I wish they would take a look at Major Everhart. He's just as fast as B Thompson and has great vision. 10.38 hundred meter, 21.42 two hundred. Thats elite speed. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Major-Everhart-46100657/

Plus, he's teammates with 2023 Top 100 DL Avion Carter, who is going to give Texas a serious look. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Avion-Carter-46111808/

I watched the Midland Legacy vs Amarillo Tascosa game.  I couldn't figure out why Tascosa didn't use Everhart more. Every time he touched the ball he looked like he could score. He had 4 rushes for 80 yards and 5 receptions for 92 yards, with 1 receiving and 1 rushing TD. Pretty efficient.

Edited by sunset87
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I will rush to her bedside to tell stories that make her smile. She needs me now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Wiler77 said:

Not sure which year you're referring to, but it had to be 1999 when a friend of mine started dating an insanely hot blonde chick who had just broken up with Stockton.  No idea if it's the same girl, or possibly the one before or after the one you're referring to.  He could have had a revolving door of hot blonde chicks.

Strangely enough, that friend of mine is a doctor as well, and they are married.

Well where are the fucking pics if he’s your buddy? 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well where are the fucking pics if he’s your buddy? 

Well for starters I didn't say "buddy".  I haven't seen him in a numbers of years but would still consider him a friend.  And second...no.  This world is way too small and this website is way too connected, and I don't need a call asking why I plastered someone face on the internet.

3 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Told you I'd split that bitch in half.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:
Well for starters I didn't say "buddy".  I haven't seen him in a numbers of years but would still consider him a friend.  And second...no.  This world is way too small and this website is way too connected, and I don't need a call asking why I plastered someone face on the internet.

Michael Keaton

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting