Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

FWIW banks chose Oregon because he likes their facilities, likes their strength and conditioning coach, and likes his draft prospects with cristobal as his head coach. It’s nothing to do with NIL or crypto or bags or anything else.

Could a strong year help us potentially get back in the door? Sure, but it doesn’t make it likely that he flips. I’ve moved on and adjusted my expectations accordingly based on off the record conversations others have had with those around him and y’all should do the same.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

FWIW banks chose Oregon because he likes their facilities, likes their strength and conditioning coach, and likes his draft prospects with cristobal as his head coach. It’s nothing to do with NIL or crypto or bags or anything else.

Could a strong year help us potentially get back in the door? Sure, but it doesn’t make it likely that he flips. I’ve moved on and adjusted my expectations accordingly based on off the record conversations others have had with those around him and y’all should do the same.

I'm not asking for your sources, but do you come from a position that would lead you to know that info, or are you speculating? Oregon was out of left field, and honestly not someone he talked a lot about, which is why most people suspect foul play.

6 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Sounds like he’s either unaware that flood is the OC coach here or he’s unaware of flood’s track record of putting guys in the league. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Maybe. I’ll give this the benefit of the doubt. I don’t personally believe it. But he did get a thumb drive full of crypto and the Thibodeaux shit made a big impression. Ever moreso now that he’s injured. But yeah, I’m sure that had zero to do with his decision. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm not asking for your sources, but do you come from a position that would lead you to know that info, or are you speculating? Oregon was out of left field, and honestly not someone he talked a lot about, which is why most people suspect foul play.

Not speculation. From those around the program and parents etc. Oregon was out of left field for everyone but banks.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sounds like he’s either unaware that flood is the OC coach here or he’s unaware of flood’s track record of putting guys in the league. 

Tea leaves tell me the hire of sark/flood was the only reason we were in the final group with a late push. Maybe if those guys were in year 2/3 with tangible results at Texas he’s orange house? Not sure.

I think most people after last year assumed banks was the better prospect between he and dewberry and I would have agreed. Tackle may be a more pressing need for us right now, but apparently dewberry has looked really good this year. Wish he was leaning a bit more our way.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

• Haha 7

47 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Has Banks been there in the spring, fall or winter? Cuz it sucks, unless he likes being socked in.

• Hook 'Em 1

Football players aren’t stupid.  Any player that saw them play last Saturday knows they are fucked against any decent team. That aggy offense is hot garbage with 2 true freshman on the OL and RS Haynes King that throws ducks.  They are going to get butt fucked 77-0 to Bama this year.  Bryce probably knows he’s going to regret being stuck in college station when Texas is going to be fucking shit up in the SEC next year.  Texas’s offense looks fun and exciting where with a stout defense.  Wait till take a shit on Arkansas tomorrow, the phones are gonna start ringing with players wanting in.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

Anything interesting in this? 

3DE506AA-E4C7-4334-A61B-BC5156D3581E.thumb.jpeg.87f302f4c06a00feb9eb297b2bdf59bf.jpeg

hopefully the resident pussies of this board don't bitch about this being posted seven hours late again

Spoiler

We have a couple of interesting notes to pass one from this week of practice.

After playing only one snap in last week’s win over Louisiana, the staff moved Alfred Collins back to 3-tech this week. Previously the staff made the curious switch of Collins to Jack and true freshman Barryn Sorrell to 3-tech. That move was reversed and Collins is back to running second team alongside nose tackle T’Vondre Sweat. Collins will play more this week, but he’s not alone at second team 3-tech as Vernon Broughton also mans the position.

Injuries along the offensive line necessitated some tinkering on Kyle Flood’s part. Both Christian Jones and Junior Angilau should start despite their issues, but behind them it gets a bit interesting. True freshman Hayden Conner, one of the surprises of August camp, worked at left tackle a lot this week. He also worked at right guard some as well. He has genuinely moved himself into contention to be ‘next man up’ whether it’s at guard or tackle. We’ve received mixed signals on whether or not Conner or Andrej Karic would be the first tackle in. Karic spent the week working at both left and right tackle.

Conner has impressed. “He’s not your typical freshman physically or mentally.”

The o-line playing well is considered a prerequisite to winning this game. The staff underscored the need to win up front versus the Razorbacks.

The offense was pretty vanilla last week but we expect them to open things up a bit more.

Kelvontay Dixon received more snaps this week in practice, some even with the ones. The staff is looking for anyone who can get open deep and it just might be him.

Troy Omeire is still out. Jared Wiley is indeed out this game after playing last week when everyone thought he’d sit. He might not even travel.

Our sources were surprised the defense called as many pressures last week. This week they think there are some things they can exploit up front. Our sources intimated similar thoughts to what Scipio wrote about Arkansas’ offensive line. They’re big, but they’re not the most mobile.

The game plan will be similar to last week — get in the back field but don’t run past the QB. Contain him in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm.

Normally sources say it was a great week of practice but there were a few more missed assignments than the coaches would have liked to see. It’s not necessarily cause for alarm but it was a bit surprising to hear.

RECRUITING

RB Rueben Owens, El Campo (El Campo, TX) - 2023: One of the top running backs in the nation regardless of class talks to Texas almost everyday, he tells IT. Owens hears from LSU, USC, Texas A&M, and Oregon the most, but he’s keeping a close eye on Texas and Georgia right now.

He was looking at reclassifying in the 2022 cycle, but will now attempt to graduate in December of 2022 and enroll early in 2023. The next visit he makes to UT should be with his mother, who has yet to see the Forty Acres. That would be a visit to look out for.

WR Evan Stewart, Liberty (Frisco, TX) - 2022: The top-rated wide receiver in the On300 2022 recruiting rankings will be suspended for week three. UT’s top target and the staff at Liberty had a miscommunication and the five-star will miss tonight’s contest. We believe this is an isolated incident.

WR Kevin Coleman, St. Mary’s (St. Louis, MO) - 2022: The 5-foot-11, 170-pounder is looking at an official visit to Texas on September 25th when UT takes on Texas Tech.

Coleman holds 34 offers including Texas, Alabama, and Oregon, and recently took an official visit to Florida State last weekend. Texas needs difference-makers at receiver and continues to put itself in position to pounce in case other options falter.

Coleman is a prospect that has lost some momentum, and some of those early offers are no longer committable. Texas will want to know where they stand with Brenen Thompson the weekend before Coleman arrives in Austin.

He could still be someone the staff pushes its chips all in for.

TE Jaleel Skinner, IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL) - 2022: The top rated tight end in On3’s 2022 recruiting rankings is set announce his commitment on October 9th. After summer official visits to Florida, Texas, Miami and Alabama, and an official to Florida State last weekend, the Horns are in the thick of this race. He has connections to the FSU staff which gives the Noles confidence in landing the Greer (SC) native. But UT tight end coach Jeff Banks is pushing enough buttons to keep the Horns in the thick of it and the program is starting to build some real momentum.

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022: The nation’s top rated interior offensive lineman for 2022 continues to look at official trips this fall. He’ll be at Alabama on October 2nd, and is looking at a potential LSU visit as well.

Texas maintains the pace due to strong relationships with Steve Sarkisian, Kyle Flood, and Jeff Banks. He’s still likely on a late season timeline and will likely use his last official visit on Texas.

Campbell will be back in Norman this weekend with his family to watch the Sooners.

*Of note: On Saturday Texas High EDGE and UT commit Derrick Brown will visit OU and his former teammate Clayton Smith. With the way this guy recruits for the Horns, I’d be worried if I’m the OU staff.

*One prospect to watch is Tenaha LB and Baylor pledge Jeremy Patton, who might visit Austin soon, as Texas looks to right some previous wrongs in the cycle. There’s a good chance some recruitments get back on their initial path in the coming months. Something to watch for.

*The University of Texas at Louisiana has been building momentum of late. With many of the top prospects and circles questioning the future and direction of the LSU program, the Longhorns are working to make the most of opportunities in the Pelican State in the 2022 cycle. Texas has commitments from On300 No. 152 J’Mond Tapp and DB Ronald Lewis. Texas is in the top 4 for On300 No. 87 Shazz Preston. The Longhorns continue to recruit No. 22 Quency Wiggins as well. Texas continues to kick the tires on No. 41 Jacoby Mathews due to a strong connection between Terry Joseph and Ponchatoula head coach Hank Tiereny. Texas is also showing interest in No. 37 Kendrick Law (Captain Shreve).

Hoops

Texas was four deep at Richardson High yesterday with Chris Beard, Rodney Terry, Ulric Maligi, and Jerrance Howard. Cason Wallace and family have been very receptive since the official visit last weekend. With that said, Kentucky has a lot of confidence in this recruitment. To the point of only sending Jai Lucas to Richardson High this week. Tennessee also brought four coaches to see Wallace this week. Rick Barnes and staff will host Wallace next weekend.

Texas is also all in on On3 Top 25 prospect Jordan Walsh. Arkansas, Kansas, Arizona State and TCU are also in the mix with Eric Musselman providing serious competition prior to the Texas and Kansas visits September 17 and September 24.

• Hook 'Em 6

17 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Football players aren’t stupid.  Any player that saw them play last Saturday knows they are fucked against any decent team. That aggy offense is hot garbage with 2 true freshman on the OL and RS Haynes King that throws ducks.  They are going to get butt fucked 77-0 to Bama this year.  Bryce probably knows he’s going to regret being stuck in college station when Texas is going to be fucking shit up in the SEC next year.  Texas’s offense looks fun and exciting where with a stout defense.  Wait till take a shit on Arkansas tomorrow, the phones are gonna start ringing with players wanting in.

Remember when Anderson wanted to see how each team looked and then make a decision?  Dumbo nixed that real quick. 

• Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting