Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Roach said some big time prospects were in attendance today in Fort Worth.

It was just linking to a list by that asshole Clark, not a ton of relevant ones, especially for 2022

Spoiler

Seth Martin - OV
DJAllen - OV
Jaylon Guilbeau - possible OV but will be on campus
Joseph Adedire
Major Everhart
Jackson Arnold

Jordan Johnson-Rubell
Ryan Yaites
Peyton Bowen
Eli Bowen
Anthony Evans
Ashton Cozart
Cole Welliver
Devonte Tezino
Jamel Johnson
Javien Toviano
Bravion Rogers
Dyahn McKinney
Jordyn Bailey
Kayden Carr
Isaiah Robinson
Nareen Mitchell
Sergio Snyder
TJ McMillen
Xavier Filsaime
Curlee Thomas
Caleb Otlewski

Recruit reactions per Roach:

Spoiler

Texas scored a big road victory over TCU today. Horns247 reached out to several recruits following the game for their reaction.

2024 Carlsbad (Calif.) QB Julian Sayin – “I wasn’t able to watch much of it today but another strong conference win is always positive for the program.”

2024 Tyler High RB Derrick McFall – “It was a good team win and a hard fought game.”

2023 Dickinson CB Vernon Glover – “That was a statement game and they made a statement. Texas looks like they are rolling now.”

2022 Klein Cain RB Jaydon Blue – “Great team win. Bijan is an animal though. Heisman winner for sure.”

2022 Texas commit Bryan Allen Jr – “Great hard fought win. The mentality of this team is changing. I can tell the team is buying into what the coaches are telling them.”

2023 Flower Mound Marcus WR Ashton Cozart – “I think coach Sarkisian made a statement because he won on the road against TCU when TCU has won 7 of the last 9 matchups. I think that is really good for his first year taking over a team and will maybe help recruiting. It would have been nice to see more passing from UT, but I get it when you play the TCU defense and have a running back like Bijan. It was impressive on both sides in my opinion.”

2023 Mansfield Timberview OL Andre Cojoe – “I wasn’t too surprised. I had a feeling Texas was going to win. I was ho[ping to see another 70-point win though.”

2023 Denton Guyer DB Ryan Yaites – “It was a crazy win. It was great on them not freaking out and letting the bridge burn when TCU got the momentum. Texas had a great run game today. Robinson is a monster. I think he had 200+ today. He is definitely a Sunday guy. Evans with TCU had a good day too. It was a close fought game but the Texas run game was simply the difference maker.”

2023 South Oak Cliff DB Malik Muhammad – “It was a grinder and sometimes that’s what it takes. A win is a win.”

2023 Denton Ryan LB Anthony Hill – “I feel it was a strong performance to go into Fort Worth and get a win.”

2022 Henderson (NV.) Liberty ATH Anthony Jones – “They’ve definitely been playing how I expected them to play. UT is showing that we can and will be the most dominant team in Texas, and we’ll be established as one of the best teams in the country soon. We have our foot on the gas and we just need to keep our foot on it. Both sides of the ball have been playing great and it just makes me even more excited to be up there in January.

2023 El Campo RB Rueben Owens – “Whoever number 5 is, he’s my early Heisman candidate.”

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Teryor said:

Hide contents

Texas scored a big road victory over TCU today. Horns247 reached out to several recruits following the game for their reaction.

2024 Carlsbad (Calif.) QB Julian Sayin – “I wasn’t able to watch much of it today but another strong conference win is always positive for the program.”

2024 Tyler High RB Derrick McFall – “It was a good team win and a hard fought game.”

2023 Dickinson CB Vernon Glover – “That was a statement game and they made a statement. Texas looks like they are rolling now.”

2022 Klein Cain RB Jaydon Blue – “Great team win. Bijan is an animal though. Heisman winner for sure.”

2022 Texas commit Bryan Allen Jr – “Great hard fought win. The mentality of this team is changing. I can tell the team is buying into what the coaches are telling them.”

2023 Flower Mound Marcus WR Ashton Cozart – “I think coach Sarkisian made a statement because he won on the road against TCU when TCU has won 7 of the last 9 matchups. I think that is really good for his first year taking over a team and will maybe help recruiting. It would have been nice to see more passing from UT, but I get it when you play the TCU defense and have a running back like Bijan. It was impressive on both sides in my opinion.”

2023 Mansfield Timberview OL Andre Cojoe – “I wasn’t too surprised. I had a feeling Texas was going to win. I was ho[ping to see another 70-point win though.”

2023 Denton Guyer DB Ryan Yaites – “It was a crazy win. It was great on them not freaking out and letting the bridge burn when TCU got the momentum. Texas had a great run game today. Robinson is a monster. I think he had 200+ today. He is definitely a Sunday guy. Evans with TCU had a good day too. It was a close fought game but the Texas run game was simply the difference maker.”

2023 South Oak Cliff DB Malik Muhammad – “It was a grinder and sometimes that’s what it takes. A win is a win.”

2023 Denton Ryan LB Anthony Hill – “I feel it was a strong performance to go into Fort Worth and get a win.”

2022 Henderson (NV.) Liberty ATH Anthony Jones – “They’ve definitely been playing how I expected them to play. UT is showing that we can and will be the most dominant team in Texas, and we’ll be established as one of the best teams in the country soon. We have our foot on the gas and we just need to keep our foot on it. Both sides of the ball have been playing great and it just makes me even more excited to be up there in January.

2023 El Campo RB Rueben Owens – “Whoever number 5 is, he’s my early Heisman candidate.”

Lifelong TCU fan Cozart parroting the Fat Gare line, but now throwing back in his face. You love to see it.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Hide contents

Ruben Owens. Seriously

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am happy Texas won, but I hope I am not sounding overly satyanash because I don't feel that this particular game moved the needle for recruiting.

Put it a different way, this game needed to be won and a loss would have been even more detrimental for recruiting because then "Sark can't win on the road."

If Texas beats both Oklahoma teams, then we'll more than likely see the reactions and results in recruiting that we've been patiently waiting for.

Just now, UDontKnow said:

I am happy Texas won, but I hope I am not sounding overly satyanash because I don't feel that this particular game moved the needle for recruiting.

Put it a different way, this game needed to be won and a loss would have been even more detrimental for recruiting because then "Sark can't win on the road."

If Texas beats both Oklahoma teams, then we'll more than likely see the reactions and results in recruiting that we've been patiently waiting for.

Agree... but holding steady and getting ranked for OU is a hell of a lot better than getting kicked in the dick again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Maybe not dramatically but it's a W against a school that considers us their Super Bowl. We won with shitty officiating (Thanks B12), Casey not playing well, Worthy not playing well, not taking advantage of our TOs like we should, horrible 3rd down play and Sark blowing points to go for it on near the goal line. 

There's a lot to build on and sell after this win even if it wasn't dominant.

• Hook 'Em 7

20 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Agree... but holding steady and getting ranked for OU is a hell of a lot better than getting kicked in the dick again.

Winning this with the next two weeks of games is huge. If we go 1-1 or 2-0 over the next two weeks we are positioned well  for a Big 12 title game opportunity 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

We won numb nuts.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

(Hudson Standish) Recruits React: TCU

Texas left Fort Worth with a hard-earned win behind Bijan Robinson’s dynamic performance and recruits took notice. We will update this post as more reactions come in.

2022 OL Connor Robertson, Westlake (Austin, TX) (TEXAS): “BIJAN FOR HEISMAN. I LOVED IT. Ran the damn ball real well and won the game. I loved it.”

2022 OL Cole Hutson, Frisco (Frisco, TX) (TEXAS): “I watched the game. Let’s talk later.”

2022 EDGE Derrick Brown, Texas High (Texarkana, TX) (TEXAS): “I liked everything but I loved bijan’s ball play the most facts. Bijan is very different. (Our defense) gone turn up next year though.”

2022 S BJ Allen, Aledo (Aledo, TX) (TEXAS): “The mentality of the team is changing they didn’t play a perfect game but still came out with the win. These are the games they need.”

2023 WR Ashton Cozart, Marcus (Flower Mound, TX): “I think Sark made a statement though. Yeah, Bijan makes it look easy.”

2023 DB Ryan Yaites, Guyer (Denton, TX): “That was a good game. Robinson is a beast. He will be a Sunday guy hands down.They kept fighting and held on for the win. I believe in their coaching staff and they will definitely gel together sooner than later.” Note: Attending Texas-OU.

2023 OL Isaiah Robinson, Lamar (Arlington, TX): “It was a good game. Considering how much more energy TCU came out with rather that Texas, I’m impressed that Texas got the win.”

2023 WR Anthony Evans, Judson (Converse, TX): “It was such a good game. Both teams had their mistakes but it’s nothing they can’t fix. That RB from UT is something serious”

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

OL like to run block. We need OL. 

Recruits don’t live and die by single game results. There’s only one game on our entire schedule that has the potential to single-handedly move the recruiting needle. All the rest merely help shape the perception and direction of the program. Recruiting-wise, there is absolutely nothing worth getting upset about with today’s performance.

• Hook 'Em 1

Gerry Hamilton: Texas Longhorns recruiting grabs more momentum with win at TCU

The Texas Longhorns are sitting at 4-1 headed into the Red River Showdown next week. With the win over TCU today, Steve Sarkisian and staff have grabbed added momentum on the trail. The Longhorns are in position to make a run at a top 3 class with one more big win at the Cotton Bowl. Inside Texas takes a look at the possibilities for the class with more than 15 On300 prospects still on the board.

Quarterback

QB Maalik Murphy, Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra

Committed to: #AllGasNoBrakes

*Texas is looking at options for a potential second signal caller in the class. The staff has been in contact with No. 63 and current USC verbal Devin Brown (Draper, Utah/Corner Canyon).

Running Back

RB Jamarion Miller, Tyler (Texas) Legacy

On300 Ranking: No. 94

RB Jaydon Blue, Klein (Texas) Cain

On300 Ranking: No. 188

Wide Receiver

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville (Texas)

On300 ranking: No. 256

Top Targets:

WR Evan Stewart, Frisco (Texas) Liberty

On300 ranking: No. 4

Florida, Alabama, Texas, LSU and possibly Texas A&M continue to being the mix. Alabama OV November 6 looms large.

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland (Texas)

On300 ranking: No. 22

The SMU verbal will make an official visit to Texas October 16. Jeff Banks and Andre Coleman are all over this one.

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman (Texas)

On300 ranking: No. 40

Texas leads Texas A&M and Oklahoma State. Texas A&M has the chance to fight back next weekend, should the speedster make the visit as scheduled.

WR Shazz Preston, Saint James (La.)

On300 ranking: No. 101

Alabama, Georgia, Texas and LSU the final four. He has been on campus at Mississippi State this season to watch his older brother. OV’s to Alabama, Georgia and LSU to be scheduled. Texas is hoping to get the 4 star back on campus this season.

WR Kevin Coleman, Saint Louis (Mo.) St. Mary’s

On300 ranking: No. 223

Coleman is scheduled to make an official to Texas October 16. USC is also on the schedule for November. Arizona State and Florida State are in in. Oregon could make a push.

Tight End

TE Jaleel Skinner, Greer High (S.C.) IMG Academy

On300 ranking: No. 17

Skinner is scheduled to be at Clemson today as the Tigers try to win out late. Texas’ Jeff Banks has done a good job with the father. Florida had a lot of confidence late this week, but that rug has been pulled before. Skinner began the process loving the Gators. He remains in play for Alabama.

Offensive Line

OG Connor Robertson, Austin (Texas) Westlake

On300 ranking: No. 253

#AllGasNoBrakes

C/G Cole Hutson, Frisco (Texas)

#AllGasNoBrakes

Top targets:

IOL Devon Campbell, Arlington (Texas) Bowie

On300 ranking: No. 19

Campbell is watching Alabama maul Ole Miss right now. Oklahoma and USC have received unofficial this season. Texas is expecting the last official visit. LSU could also receive an OV.

OT/IOL Neto Umeozulu, Allen (Texas)

On300 ranking: No. 61

Texas is in the mix here, but this is a wildcard recruitment. Even the college coaches don’t have a good feel for this one. Texas A&M, Alabama, Oklahoma and USC also involved.

OT/IOL Kam Dewberry, Humble (Texas) Atascocita

On300 ranking: No. 121

The 4 star made an official visit to Oklahoma in September. He’s expected at Texas A&M October 9. Texas working to get final OV over Alabama.

IOL Earnest Greene, Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco

On300 ranking: No. 131

The 4 star guard will be in Austin for an official October 16. He made September OV’s to Ohio State and Georgia. USC will lurk. There is push to Ohio State by a couple of people close, not family.

OT/IOL Cameron Williams, Duncanville (Texas)

The Oregon verbal is expected to be at The Cotton Bowl October 9. Texas remains in contact.

Defensive Line

DL Kristopher Ross, Houston (Texas) North Shore

On300 ranking: No. 59

#AllGasNoBrakes

DL Jaray Bledsoe, Marlin (Texas)

On300 ranking: No. 70

#AllGasNoBrakes

DL Aaron Bryant, Southaven (Miss.)

On300 ranking: No. 216

#AllGasNoBrakes

DL Zac Swanson, Phoenix (Ariz.) Brophy College Prep

#AllGasNoBrakes

Top target:

DL Quency Wiggins, Baton Rouge (La.)

On300 ranking: No. 55

Officials to Florida October 9 and Texas October 16. Alabama and LSU will receive OV’s as well.

EDGE

EDGE J’Mond Tapp, Donaldsville (La.) Ascension Catholic

On300 ranking: No. 175

#AllGasNoBrakes

LSU isn’t giving up on the 4 star in state prospect. Texas has to recruit Tapp like he is not committed. An Alabama OV remains possible too.

EDGE Derrick Brown, Texarkana (Texas) Texas High

On300 ranking: No. 221

#AllGasNoBrakes

EDGE Justice Finkley, Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville

On300 ranking: No. 285

#AllGasNoBrakes

EDGE Anthony Jones, Henderson (Nv.) Liberty

#AllGasNoBrakes

Linebacker

LB Trevell Johnson, Arlington (Texas) Martin

#AllGasNoBrakes

LB Eoghan Kerry, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei

#AllGasNoBrakes

Top targets:

LB/hybrid Harold Perkins, Cypress (Texas) Cy Park

On300 ranking: No. 8

Texas has had the 5 star on campus twice this season. Perkins is at LSU this weekend. He’s expected at Texas A&M October 9.

LB Lander Barton, Salt Lake City (Utah) Brighton

On300 ranking: No. 176

Barton made an official last weekend. He’s scheduled to be at Utah October 16 and Oregon October 30. UCLA could receive an OV as well.

Defensive Back

S Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo (Texas)

On300 ranking: No. 102

#AllGasNoBrakes

S Austin Jordan, Denton (Texas) Ryan

On300 ranking: No. 227

#AllGasNoBrakes

CB Ronald Lewis, New Orleans (La.) Warren Easton

#AllGasNoBrakes

Top Targets:

S Bryce Anderson, Beaumont (Texas) West Brook

On300 ranking: No. 23

The Texas A&M verbal remains in frequent contact with the Texas staff. That includes a zoom call with Steve Sarkisian late last week.

S Jacoby Mathews, Ponchatoula (La.)

On300 ranking: No. 42

Will be at the Cotton Bowl Saturday, and likely Texas for an official October 16. Texas A&M and LSU in it too. Wildcard recruitment.

S Larry Turner-Gooden, Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany

LTG will make an official to Texas October 16. Penn State already received an OV. USC, Arizona State and LSU round out the current list. Texas staff has been confident for weeks.

CB Denver Harris, Houston (Texas) North Shore

On300 ranking: No. 12

Texas making some headway in this one. LSU in it. Harris has to be able to tell Nick Saban no at the end of the day.

CB Terrance Brooks, Little Elm (Texas)

On300 ranking: No. 15

The Ohio State verbal and family are in contact with Texas frequently. IT expects the 5 star corner on campus this season.

Specialists

K Will Stone, Austin Regents School

#AllGasNoBrakes

LS Lance St. Louis, Williams Field (AZ)

#AllGasNoBrakes

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting