Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

15 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

A&M WRs with a combined 24 yards at halftime vs Auburn. If Evan Stewart is even seriously considering them he's crazy

season 1 dollar dollar bills yall GIF

If he goes to A&M it isn't because he wants to maximize his chances of playing in the league. An offense that is more passing friendly to RB and TE than WR? And has been for years? And that suppresses freshmen more than average?

Bored Christopher Walken GIF

Just now, NoName said:

season 1 dollar dollar bills yall GIF

If he goes to A&M it isn't because he wants to maximize his chances of playing in the league. An offense that is more passing friendly to RB and TE than WR? And has been for years? And that suppresses freshmen more than average?

Bored Christopher Walken GIF

Exactly. He'd be crazy. Cost himself millions in NFL money 

8 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Both Calzada and Nix are worse than Casey and yet they have won more games. We have so many glaring holes in our team that I think it's unfair to pin the losses on the QB. 

I wish this debate over who is more at fault for the poor season would just fucking die. The correct answer of who is to blame between our coaches, the QB play, the OL, the defense or the WR’s is all of the fucking above. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Both Calzada and Nix are worse than Casey and yet they have won more games. We have so many glaring holes in our team that I think it's unfair to pin the losses on the QB. 

Calzada is better than Casey Thompson. We can hate aggy but don’t be dense. His arm strength alone makes him a different caliber QB. 

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I hated watching Texas in October as much as anyone but good lord is this wrong

One is 23 years old with one of the best OC’s in the business and one is 20 with a run first cuck as his OC. You are crazy if you think sark couldn’t do magic with Calzada and his arm. You take away the Tech game and Casey is like 57% just as a reply @UTEE97. 

Edited by WinningIsHard
Forgot some stuff lol

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

One is 23 years old with one of the best OC’s in the business and one is 20 with a run first cuck as his OC. You are crazy if you think sark couldn’t do magic with Calzada and his arm. 

One is a dual threat QB being asked to consistently make long throws and not using his legs and the other plays in a conservative offense that rarely attempt long passes and yet has 50% completion rate.

Edited by UTEE97

The difference is not at QB.  The difference is that Jimbo is 4 years in to building a team from the OL and DLs out.  That helps them to overcome their other deficiencies I think and shows us what we have to do to sustain success and how long it might take.

Edited by burdine
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Seriously, that aggy offense is ass for WR’s. If Stewart can’t see what X is doing and how many opportunities he’d have here he is crazy. 
most him whatever he wants. Snag Ewers  or (shudder) rattler, and win 10 games in Bijan’s last year even with a mediocre offensive line. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Aggy has 2 true freshman on the OL and a back up QB that would struggle to start for most teams…. Yet they beat the # 1 team in the country and they are 1 more Bama loss away from playing for the SEC championship.  They are probably the hottest team in the country on the recruiting trail right now.  I thought rock bottom was when we had Charlie Strong, but we’ve really dug ourselves a fucking crater that will be hard to climb out of.  Their entire fan base wants a championship and they have set up a legit bag game and now can back their hype up with results.  I’m so fucking sick of this program and what we have become.  Fucking embarrassing.   We’ve resorted to hoping that we can get our shit together to fucking best Iowa state so we can hopefully become bowl eligible and prevent a 4 game losing streak.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, burdine said:

The difference is not at QB.  The difference is that Jimbo is 4 years in to building a team from the OL and DLs out.  That helps them to overcome their other deficiencies I think and shows us what we have to do to sustain success and how long it might take.

Bro, they have 2 true freshmen on the OL…

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Seriously, that aggy offense is ass for WR’s. If Stewart can’t see what X is doing and how many opportunities he’d have here he is crazy. 
most him whatever he wants. Snag Ewers  or (shudder) rattler, and win 10 games in Bijan’s last year even with a mediocre offensive line. 

Cary Elwes Laughing GIF

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

As I said- shudder. I don’t want him. He’d go 10-2 next year here with X, Bijan Stewart and the rest of the freshmen WR’s coming in. 

Need to figure out our OL woes before Sark's offense can do the damage we know it can.

3 minutes ago, burdine said:

They aren't rolling like Bama or OSU but it has been an emphasis.

Their DL is light years beyond ours.

Well they just punched Bama in the mouth and that defense is only going to get better with how they are recruiting.  Mike Elko may be the best DC in the country.  

It just sucks where we are as a program.  I atleast had hope after we fired Strong.  It was easy to shift the narrative.  Right now I just don’t see how we’re going to convince recruits to come here when they are winning big and we’re a fucking mess.   And even if we were winning, they’ll still fucking buy the best recruits.  This fucking administration needs to get it through their fucking head that they need to figure out a way for us to fucking evolve and set up a bag game like the rest of the country.  This isn’t fucking 2004 anymore…. The we’re Texas shit has no pull.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Well they just punched Bama in the mouth and that defense is only going to get better with how they are recruiting.  Mike Elko may be the best DC in the country.  

It just sucks where we are as a program.  I atleast had hope after we fired Strong.  It was easy to shift the narrative.  Right now I just don’t see how we’re going to convince recruits to come here when they are winning big and we’re a fucking mess.   And even if we were winning, they’ll still fucking buy the best recruits.  This fucking administration needs to get it through their fucking head that they need to figure out a way for us to fucking evolve and set up a bag game like the rest of the country.  This isn’t fucking 2004 anymore…. The we’re Texas shit has no pull.

We need to stop putting our hopes on super quick fixes.  That might happen but it's not a strategy.

Build a program to dominate both lines of scrimmage.  Play exciting offense to attract recruits.  Profit ?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Need to figure out our OL woes before Sark's offense can do the damage we know it can.

We don’t need to figure out shit on the OL as it relates to winning 10 games if our skill position room was Ewers/rattler, Bijan/roshon, X, Stewart Brennan Thompson etc. 

do I want the OL better?  Sure. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yep and they will continue getting elite DL while we seem to hire DC's that want the DL to occupy blockers.  We are a fucking joke.

• Rage+1 2

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

We don’t need to figure out shit on the OL as it relates to winning 10 games if our skill position room was Ewers/rattler, Bijan/roshon, X, Stewart Brennan Thompson etc. 

do I want the OL better?  Sure. 

Agree that helps but I think our problem in winning conference championships goes beyond that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Hey man, we aren’t going to blow a 4th 2nd half double digit lead in a row so the recruits will roll in. 
We will blow a 4th 2nd half lead in a row but only 4 points. Can’t blow a double digit lead if you only score 7. Smart.  

Edited by Wulaw Horn

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I think we can shut the 22 down now lol 

No, the immediate playing time pitch has to be blasted daily to the 22 and 23 guys, because no one is winning shit with the guys currently on the team.  In the background pull as many pieces as possible from the portal.  There's single digit quality players on the team, and even fewer that give a shit about losing and playing poorly, and those few are underclassmen

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

wait?  Our plan to have Geoff Ketchum put these guy's on his YouTube channel with his lazy eye looking ("down and away, down and away") isn't going to be the panacea strategy here with the new "hip twitter and tweet's" generation?

we have the best people at the McCombs school on this shit.   

shut up and do what you're told, plebe.   

I'm officially done after this one. No more excuses, this team and staff is a mess. If we can get a QB and fix the OL through the portal, maybe next year goes ok. But given how the offense has looked these last few games, I have a hard time believing we will be very successful in the portal anymore. Even with losses, we could've sold portal guys on the offense. Not so much anymore.

18 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Zero reason to believe Sark can right the ship. Let the countdown to the next coaching search begin.

He was an awful hire. Told the brass what they wanted to hear as opposed to what they needed to hear (Meyer). 

Great job hiring the suckup you meatheads. 

Zero reason to believe Sark can right the ship. Let the countdown to the next coaching search begin.

Same. I’ll say this, at least aggy is willing to spend reckless money on a proven coach and players. Yes the contract is dumb, no I don’t think it should have been spent on Jimbo out of all the coaches who won a championship but here they are and here we are.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RichUT said:

Sark's only chance is a total overhaul through the portal like Mel Tucker did (and even then I don't have much confidence). He absolutely HAS to land 2-3 good OLs, a much better QB and 1-2 good WRs. If he can do that, at least the offense should get rolling and he'll have something to build off of. More importantly though, the team needs a total culture change immediately and that's going to require major roster turnover.

The big near-term question for me - can he overcome these shitty offensive performances and still convince Ewers or another good QB to trust him? Idk but if he can't, he's done for. I still think that landing a Ewers along with a few portal OLs/WRs would lead to a solid year next year (thanks to an easier schedule), and landing Arch would give him a chance for the future. Maybe that still happens, but hard to have confidence in landing those guys after today.  

• Rage+1 1

I'm officially done after this one. No more excuses, this team and staff is a mess. If we can get a QB and fix the OL through the portal, maybe next year goes ok. But given how the offense has looked these last few games, I have a hard time believing we will be very successful in the portal anymore. Even with losses, we could've sold portal guys on the offense. Not so much anymore.

Shut up you crying bitch. This team sucks and the roster sucks. Yes sark sucked today but this is the worse P5 offensive position groups by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Tennessee is better than us, and that is after (a) they were bad to start with, and (b) literally every top level player on their team left in the portal last offseason.    This isn’t a talent issue.  We’re obviously not as talented as Bama or Georgia.   But we shouldn’t be what we are, either.  

Correct. Team is playing without any give a fuck, outside of Bijan and X.    That’s coaching and culture.   Our jags and overrated guys are still as talented as ISU and Baylor players, but not with the attitude. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Correct. Team is playing without any give a fuck, outside of Bijan and X.    That’s coaching and culture.   Our jags and overrated guys are still as talented as ISU and Baylor players, but not with the attitude. 

Bullshit. Baylor and ISU will have way more all conference players than Texas, and culture takes longer than 10 months to fix.

Just look at Baylor and MSU before this weekend. 4-12 combined last year, 15-1 going into the weekend. I will only worry about Sarkisian if the team doesn't experience massive turnover starting as soon as the season ends.

• Like 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting