Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

40 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

You've gone mad. You want to guarantee a football recruit acceptance into medical school before he starts college. Maybe you need to take a break.

Dude, clearly not.  My point is that they need to sell whatever they can to get these recruits here.  I know what it takes to get into med school.  My point is that they need to do whatever they can to keep these recruits in the fold bc this roster needs some of these guys and if they decommit, this rebuild is going to be tougher than it already is.    Finkley chose us bc his parents want him to go to med school.  So sell him that he will get great tutoring and that they will put him in the best position to be a strong applicant for the school whether it’s getting FaceTime with the admissions committee to see what’s required to be a competitive applicant. Do what Tom Herman did with Hayden Connor and the aerospace prof.  That’s my point…

Edited by victory88

18 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

I want PK gone, but if we are keeping him we have to pay whatever it takes to get Lake. He would help tie the backend of our defense together with the front seven, knows the system and is willing to spit fire or slap a kid around if needed. We need some tough coaches to counter Sark and PK’s laid back attitudes. 

Keeping Pk and pairing him with lake is what's best for the program. No real question about that, Lake will be the most sought after DC on the market. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Keeping Pk and pairing him with lake is what's best for the program. No real question about that, Lake will be the most sought after DC on the market. 

Basically this 

If you are going to keep PK you need to bring in Lake if it is at all possible in any way

4 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Until we’re 2 years in and the defense is still dog shit so Sark does the traditional shuffle in year 3 to save his job. Been there done that. Prefer to see a coach have the balls to make a decision to move on after 1 year. 

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Until we’re 2 years in and the defense is still dog shit so Sark does the traditional shuffle in year 3 to save his job. Been there done that. Prefer to see a coach have the balls to make a decision to move on after 1 year. 

Unless you're getting Muschamp there is nobody on the market better than Lake

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

34 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

I want PK gone, but if we are keeping him we have to pay whatever it takes to get Lake. He would help tie the backend of our defense together with the front seven, knows the system and is willing to spit fire or slap a kid around if needed. We need some tough coaches to counter Sark and PK’s laid back attitudes. 

Since Lake's contract at Washington has offset language we could probably pay Lake a lot less on a 2yr contract and see how it goes ??

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up
  • Hook 'Em 1

You wanna know why Texas doesn't have a bag game and why they never have. Its not because of some virtuous belief we should play by the rules and win clean. Texans love to cheat and think the rules don't apply to them, its because in our arrogance we don't think we should pay them. Its a privilege to be a Texan and we shouldn't have to pay anyone. Where are the players gonna go anyways fucking Columbus? Do they know how cold it gets there come on!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So be as impatient as possible by firing sark after 1 year, but then be patient with his replacement?  Why and how? 

Were he to be shitcanned tomorrow or in 2 years, people will have the same reactions and complaints about all the coaching turnover. He was a shit hire and the first step toward correcting the course is to admit it. Just how I see it. 

8 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Were he to be shitcanned tomorrow or in 2 years, people will have the same reactions and complaints about all the coaching turnover. He was a shit hire and the first step toward correcting the course is to admit it. Just how I see it. 

If we fire Sark the only coach who takes this job is someone with no other options

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Since Lake's contract at Washington has offset language we could probably pay Lake a lot less on a 2yr contract and see how it goes ??

Exactly... almost can't lose just trying to pick him up. Also will tell us a lot more about PK if Lake says no.  PK did him a huge solid at Washington.. if Lake won't do the same... well...

4 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Maybe their buds because Kirk watches a lot of college football and he's seen enough to know who's good and whom to respect

no, they're buds because Sark would give Kirk information and Kirk wouldn't be critical of him.  Kirk Herbstreit doesn't criticizes coaches. He needs to keep those relationships good so they give him good insight so he can be a better analyst. It's how the sausage gets made. Kirk Herbstreit is the least objective person to listen to when it comes to whether or not a coach is good at his job.

Edited by ATLLonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

So no word yet from the recruiting sites on recruit's reaction

Ugh, there is a video with Harold Perkins and Kam Dewberry laughing at our team after the 2 point conversion….  Players we are trying to get so we can compete are literally laughing at us on video on our big recruiting weekend.

That’s the reaction my friend…

Edited by victory88
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

How the hell is keeping PK what’s “best for the program”? What about this season supports that statement?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Ugh, there was a video is Harold Perkins and Kam Dewberry laughing at our team after the 2 point conversion….  Players we are trying to get to compete are literally laughing at us on video….

Maybe they're laughing because they know they'll be starting for us next year. Yeah!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

How the hell is keeping PK what’s “best for the program”? What about this season supports that statement?

In my opinion, no DC worth a shit will come to Texas right now if we fire what was considered one of the top DCs after his first season. Hell, we couldn’t do better during the initial hiring. Especially, considering Sark is already on thin ice halfway through year one. No top tier coach is hitching a ride on this train, which is headed for a cliff.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Ugh, there is a video with Harold Perkins and Kam Dewberry laughing at our team after the 2 point conversion….  Players we are trying to get so we can compete are literally laughing at us on video on our big recruiting weekend.

Not a good look, but those are two guys we were never going to get. I believe @Barbacoa said last week he hoped Dewberry wouldn’t even show up on campus, probably for reasons like this. 

51 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I'm surprised they were still there.

25 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Yeah, same perception exists. Good luck getting a good coach if you fire this staff after one year. Basically, we’re fucked, as usual.

I’ll be interested in seeing who Washington lands. They just fired Jimmy Lake after 13 games, if they can get a decent coach after that, then so can we.

5 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Well I agree that it will take time to tear down and build it back up. I'm not as confident in having the right guy. Hopefully he's right.

So Sark needs time to get his guys into the program so he can beat Kansas. Makes you wonder why Leipold didn't need time to get 'his guys' into the program to beat us.

apropos of nothing, Leipold brought in no fewer than 12 transfers over the summer immediately after he was hired. Nine of them were on the two-deep that beat us last night. Sark had all of spring practice to work with this team and realize its shortcomings, yet Leipold realized much sooner than Sark did how badly his roster needed a total upgrade.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

If it means anything I was also laughing at us, and I still love Texas 

• Hook 'Em 3

Eric Nahlin: Two Class of 2022 Early Enrollees Talk Texas

Players who can set a hard edge are one of the main glaring needs on defense for next season. It’s too late to properly address it this year, but with numerous players committed for the defensive front, at least the staff has a plan for the future. Two players in Steve Sarkisian’s first recruiting class who project to help set the edge, Anthony Jones and Justice Finkley, are early enrollees.

Jones (On3 87.60) was once committed to Texas defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski at Washington as someone who fit PK’s reputation for finding under-the-radar prospects. Jones didn’t play his junior year because Covid shut down football in Nevada. Instead of playing, he took that time to go from 200 to 240 pounds. At 6-foot-4, he’ll eventually play comfortably at 260 at a minimum. That’s much more in-line with the size Kwiatkowski is looking for up front.

Internally, Finkley (On3 92.15, Consensus No. 145) is one of the most highly thought of players in the Texas class. In him, the staff sees a player who perfectly fits the system. That’s not surprising given they need players who are strong at the point of attack and Finkley is a powerhouse on the edge. IT briefly caught with each player. They’re both firm in their commitments and can’t wait to hit the ground running in January.

OLB Anthony Jones, Liberty (Las Vegas, NV)

IT: The season hasn’t gone as hoped. What are the coaches saying?

Anthony Jones: “Like they said, there’s a reason why they [Texas] put in the new staff. If everything was going smoothly they wouldn’t be there. I have faith in what they’re doing. They just need some time and to get their guys.”

IT: What are your fellow commits saying in the group chat?

Jones: “We all agree the change is going to start with us. Sark texts us, he says we’re going to be the ones to change the program. We just have to come in and work.”

IT: The potential for early playing time has to excite you.

Jones: “That definitely excites me. There are a lot of players leaving. I’ve had a connection with Coach PK and know I can learn from him. I have trust in what he’s teaching. Coming in early gives me time to learn and get my body right. If I lock in and take to coaching I’ll be fine and maybe even start. I should play as a freshman at least.”

IT: You’re pretty versatile, and could even play tight end. Are you locked in for defense, and if so, which position?

Jones: “Yessir, I’ll be playing defense. They said I could play either end or outside linebacker. They like that I can drop. I did some of that this year. I’ll probably start off at outside linebacker.”

EDGE Justice Finkley, Hewitt-Trussville (Trussville, AL)

IT: What are you most excited about when it comes to the program?

Justice Finkley: “Coming in and getting straight to work. We as a recruiting class know what needs to be accomplished and know what we need to change, so when I come in, it’s all business.”

IT: Anthony Jones just said there’s a group message with a lot of positivity surrounding how the 2022 class will be the one to change the program.

Finkley: “He’s correct.”

IT: As an early enrollee, I’m sure you have thoughts on early playing time.

Finkley: “I’m all for it. I’m going to have to rise to the occasion and be ready for it.”

Finkley’s mother, April, seems ready, too.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

It’s obviously a shit show, but these are two guys who were obviously never coming here and it’s been clear for a long time.  We should have been moving on to other prospects in the spring/summer.  And they probably shouldn’t have even been allowed to come for this visit even if we assumed we would blow out Kansas.   I wouldn’t be surprised if they negative recruited us to other prospects all weekend.

This along with other comments of the nature begs the question; why were they still allowed to attend?

6 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Is there anyway we can get Mrs. Muschamp to reconsider. He seems like a culture changer. Pay him whatever or her. His son want playing time? Lucky for him we play walk ons…

I think part of her disdain for Texas is because sally called her out on going home for thanksgiving weekend

Edited by closetohumping

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting