Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Is Bill Bedenbaugh definitely going to Usc ??  

(Heard on a blOU YouTube video that he might be staying...)

@quigley  @Constant

@Constant probably knows more but likely conflicting priorities:

Knows Riley since both were at Tech, been successful with him.

Wife is from OK, he preceded Riley at OU and apparently likes Norman.

If he leaves, I'd love OU to go after Sherrone Moore, Michigan's OL coach. He's only got one year coaching OL there, but he played OL at OU and is apparently a good recruiter. Michigan's OL did well vs Wisconsin and Iowa, two good DLs, and crushed Ohio St.

1 minute ago, quigley said:

If he leaves, I'd love OU to go after Sherrone Moore, Michigan's OL coach. He's only got one year coaching OL there, but he played OL at OU and is apparently a good recruiter. Michigan's OL did well vs Wisconsin and Iowa, two good DLs, and crushed Ohio St.

Think Venables would try to retain him? Have to imagine so but idk.

12 minutes ago, quigley said:

Bedenbaugh is expected to leave, but they have left some wiggle room. Their argument was he wanted job security and Lincoln is offering that in Cali. This was all before todays events, so I’m hoping Brent is on the phone with him as soon as possible. 

I consider him the best in the nation at his job, but he had to suffer Wylie’s weak ass program. 

Edited by Constant
  • Hook 'Em 2

Mike Roach - McKinzie post visit update.

Spoiler

Caught up with a source who felt the visit went “really well.” The staff felt they hit the right notes and Kobie was hosted by linebacker Jaylan Ford who is a strong match in my opinion. The staff will go back in home this week and try to close it down. I do expect a push from the new OU staff though Venables didn’t pursue McKinzie at Clemson.

I spoke to Kobie who told me he loved everything about the visit and said the highlight was the people.

“Meeting the coaches in person was everything I imagined. They are winners. That’s what they all want to do and so do I.”

• Hook 'Em 2

Hamm Lite :: 

Spoiler

He had an in-home with Josh Henson yesterday. As for next weekend, Banks told me he has no plans just yet. I think he and his family are going to sit down and, assuming Cristobal signs the deal with Miami, talk about all the options and then potentially take an unofficial visit to Austin or College Station next weekend.

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Perroni has an update on Banks with a lot of upvotes.  I know he said just a day or two ago Texas was the most likely for a flip and saw something else about the aggy coaches canceled a visit with him.  Is he back to saying it'll be aggy if he flips?

My Aggie buddy says he heard if banks does flip his money is on Texas as the landing spot. 

I'm sure we'll get a visit for Banks or hear some rumblings that he's coming. Brandon Harris will post a cryptic tweet, Mike Roach will write a breakfast bite about the growing interest, Hayes Fawcett will euphemistically tweet about Texas is involved, and then he will commit to A&M that night.

• Rage+1 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting