Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

The end of my problems - nigga mash the Impala - go lay up with a model and watch the news tomorrow - And that's the end checkmate - game over - I'll holla

I expected to be the only one here who knew that reference 

Edited by Nope

52 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

It's a reference to a song performed by American rapper Jonathan H. Smith, better known by his stage name Lil Jon.

Funny enough, that album came out in 2004 so the players currently on the team probably have no idea wtf he’s talking about 

3 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

I think Burke says in that vid that he has an 80" wingspan, which is that of a 6' 11" to 7' person. I'm going to assume that's amazing.

That’s 6’8” and he’s 6’7”.  Expectation is wingspan = height so he’s average. 

but there’s always a chance he can put on wingspan at the training table.  

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, kevwun said:

Jamison to wr actually makes sense.  He would be really good after catch, assuming that’s not an issue.  He’s also not a very good cb.

5 hours ago, cafe society said:

I could get behind Jamison back to receiver.  Crawford and Barron at CB, leave Cook at nickel, let Watts, Thompson, Allen, Coffee and Johnson battle for the back end.

I guess I’ve missed the part we’re Jamison is consistently electric with the ball in his hands. I’ve heard commentators talk about on numerous occasions, but he appears very indecisive to me.

1 hour ago, mwaadeeb said:

I think Burke says in that vid that he has an 80" wingspan

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Our new 6’3” db also has an 80” wingspan.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I think Terrance brooks has that same wingspan 

1 hour ago, mwaadeeb said:

"Aiyuk, despite being one of the shortest receivers at the combine at 5-11.625 inches, had one of the widest wingspans at 80 inches."

So ... errybody has an 80 inch wingspan??

What the hell is going on here??

We got lucky as fuck.  We had 2, and likely 3 blue chip OL fall into our laps with the Cristobal and Riley coaching changes. Then Ewers gave us some juice.  Things could have gone the other way with the currents flowing in a different direction or even just with different timing.  Still gotta show a much improved product on the field next season. We won't get lucky 2 seasons in a row.   
This is true, but it's not like Georgia, Michigan, Bama and even aggy (fat bags or otherwise) didnt also benefit from the coaching chaos this year. Not sure there has ever been 4 high profile programs changing (or forced to change lololol blowU) all in the same year. But your point still stands, we dont land a top 5 class after our epic shitshow season without help, but not sure aggy gets their first #1 without the same bump.

1 minute ago, ousux said:
On 12/22/2021 at 8:28 PM, RabidM said:
We got lucky as fuck.  We had 2, and likely 3 blue chip OL fall into our laps with the Cristobal and Riley coaching changes. Then Ewers gave us some juice.  Things could have gone the other way with the currents flowing in a different direction or even just with different timing.  Still gotta show a much improved product on the field next season. We won't get lucky 2 seasons in a row.   

This is true, but it's not like Georgia, Michigan, Bama and even aggy (fat bags or otherwise) didnt also benefit from the coaching chaos this year. Not sure there has ever been 4 high profile programs changing (or forced to change lololol blowU) all in the same year. But your point still stands, we dont land a top 5 class after our epic shitshow season without help, but not sure aggy gets their first #1 without the same bump.

aggy would've gotten #1 regardless. Their bump doesn't appear to have much to do with coaching.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting