Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

God dammit Sark what the fuck are you doing?

Man they are trying to cast a net around DFW. Carrington was overused here because Herman was such an imbecile in recruiting. He is a great recruiter, but I could see where coming bck to Texas wouldn't appeal to him right now. Wasn't BC gunning for an on field job at some point?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I remember the majority opinion being more than happy to see him go, now we’re worried about him at TCU? Obviously our changes are still pending but no consternation here. What happened to his coaching career though lmao

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Do we really want the guy who put together the last several recruiting classes? How are those classes working out?

14 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

This is where I am. Has there ever been a more overrated legendary myth of success at UT? (And yeah, it’s a long list of contenders)

Success for Carrington meant landing the guys he was told to land, he wasn’t the one picking who to offer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I hardly remember lots of people being happy Carrington left.  Also, he wasn't in charge of who to recruit.  We had a whole incompetent coaching staff and scouting department for that. 

Most were universally ticked that he basically quit doing his job the second Herman was fired.

4 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

We were happy to see Carrington leave. Dude can recruit but he fed the fire on the eyes deal. Screw that guy. 

Having Carrington and Samples as two on the field coaches doesn't seem like a lot of players are going to get developed. If he's taking a off the field role as speculated, his recruiting reach will be muted.

Edited by HtownHorn

58 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I have never seen a coach more overrated than Carrington. With the help of 9.95’ers who he slutted his information to, somehow fans are convinced he is some sort of recruiting wizard. 

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Y’all better get used to bigger linebackers. These 205 lbs linebackers ain’t going to cut it in the sec brother!

Understood. And right now our LB room is pretty sparse. But to do you any good even in the SEC, they still have to be fairly mobile. Is this guy fast enough to run down anybody?

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Understood. And right now our LB room is pretty sparse. But to do you any good even in the SEC, they still have to be fairly mobile. Is this guy fast enough to run down anybody?

Depends, does every linebacker in the sec run 4.4? What is considered fast for a inside linebacker? 4.6-4.7?

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting