Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Football fandom and innocence is over. It’s a business. It’s money. It’s mercenaries. It’s about screwing the fan for as much money as possible. The coaches and players couldn’t care less about wins and losses and the schools, except to the extent it impacts a payday. Merry Christmas!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Football fandom and innocence is over. It’s a business. It’s money. It’s mercenaries. It’s about screwing the fan for as much money as possible. The coaches and players couldn’t care less about wins and losses and the schools, except to the extent it impacts a payday. Merry Christmas!

Eat Arby’s!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Said I was done last year and I renewed. My kids declined invitations after the okie lite game. We've avoided human shit, aggressive & naked bums walking over through west campus the last 2 years. I might stick to mbb/wbb/softball/baseball moving fwd.

I don't blame anyone for being turned off either by the product on the field or the new atmosphere for college athletics.

I get that.

I do think Xavier Worthy played his guts out for us this year and if you want to reward an actual hard-working bright spot you can donate to his award in the NIL forum.

Hook'em.

• Hook 'Em 8

I’d push back on players and coaches. To get to the highest level you almost have to have some sort of inherent competitiveness unless you’re just freakishly gifted. And for coaches, just as few years as a P5 HC and you are set for life. Yeah, it’s more transactional than it used to be, but there’s a reason winning begets good recruiting. And guys don’t coach into their 60s and 70s because they need the money.

12 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Said I was done last year and I renewed. My kids declined invitations after the okie lite game. We've avoided human shit, aggressive & naked bums walking over through west campus the last 2 years. I might stick to mbb/wbb/softball/baseball moving fwd.

... so find better parking? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Goodman said:

What if my tradition is to walk a few miles to the game...

Do some laps, motherfucker. Walking a few steps past crazy homeless people is just part of being in a big city. Don't make eye contact and don't respond when they ask for something and they won't act like seagulls to a bag of chips. 

Parts of Austin are gross from homeless now, but campus is gorgeous as ever. Don't be a bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, burdine said:

I don't blame anyone for being turned off either by the product on the field or the new atmosphere for college athletics.

I get that.

I do think Xavier Worthy played his guts out for us this year and if you want to reward an actual hard-working bright spot you can donate to his award in the NIL forum.

Hook'em.

Link? Or is this the forum that has limited access? 

Edited by Moderator

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

Venables? know his history but first time head coach anywhere? i'll take it.

also, does he even have a twitter? lol

I guess Stoops and Riley were both hired without any HC experience but they were both much younger/up and coming guys at the time. It does seem pretty meh for them.

10 minutes ago, Moderator said:

Link? Or is this the forum that has limited access? 

Fixed to include treefiddy and burnt ends peeps. 

I kept it to just the board contributors for now because we hadn't confirmed with X yet, we have confirmed that he'll accept it but waiting on timing. When we get more info on timing I'll open it up to the poors and lurkers. 

If you don't want to wait and you trust surlyhorns use the donate button and donate to the slush fund. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/clients/donations/2-surly-horns-nil-slush-fund/&noDesc=1

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Fixed to include treefiddy and burnt ends peeps. 

I kept it to just the board contributors for now because we hadn't confirmed with X yet, we have confirmed that he'll accept it but waiting on timing. When we get more info on timing I'll open it up to the poors and lurkers. 

If you don't want to wait and you trust surlyhorns use the donate button and donate to the slush fund. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/clients/donations/2-surly-horns-nil-slush-fund/&noDesc=1

TY, this should be the easiest donation anyone on this board could make. Great work admins. Hook'em!

28 minutes ago, immamac said:

Well, uh that was a quick 200+ LOL

Anyway to donate without revealing my actual self. I’ve seen surly find a dudes girlfriend, his exes, his fathers mistresses, their last 10 properties and the name and numbers of all his co workers. I don’t need that evil 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

Anyway to donate without revealing my actual self. I’ve seen surly find a dudes girlfriend, his exes, his fathers mistresses, their last 10 properties and the name and numbers of all his co workers. I don’t need that evil 

@immamac can be trusted. He will be the only one with your info

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Thumbdrive with bitcoin seems to be en vogue. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting