Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Guest Lobo

In 22 years of Super Regionals, we've made it half the time.  Not exactly as impressive as our Omaha record...but pretty fucking cool.  

This is our 11th Super Regional appearance.  In the 10 previous series, we are 9-1.  Our overall record is 19-7 in Super Regional games. 

It would be wise for USF or S. Alabama to abandon all hope.  

So what's the preferred source for good Supers tickets?

I used to have really kick-ass season tickets until my boys got too busy playing ball themselves, but since the stars are aligned that we have nothing going on, I'd love to surprise them with our first trip to the Disch in years.

3 minutes ago, Damor said:

So what's the preferred source for good Supers tickets?

I used to have really kick-ass season tickets until my boys got too busy playing ball themselves, but since the stars are aligned that we have nothing going on, I'd love to surprise them with our first trip to the Disch in years.

I get mine direct from UT. They go on sale tomorrow at 9AM.

Man I hope we don't have anymore 8pm games. So tired...

• Hook 'Em 1

How does the CWS first round work? Do they draw lots to determine the groups?

The brackets are set up assuming the top 8 seeds will all advance, and then the CWS will proceed as your typical 8 team tournament setup (1v8, 2v7, etc.) in the first round. When the inevitable upsets occur, there is no reseeding. The team that emerges from the top 8 seed‘s super regional will simply take their spot in the bracket. (i.e. TCU was the 6 seed but have already been eliminated (lol). Whoever gets to the CWS from the Ft. Worth/Columbia regional pairing will take the place of the 6 seed in the tourney.)
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I get mine direct from UT. They go on sale tomorrow at 9AM.

Man I hope we don't have anymore 8pm games. So tired...

Yeah, so if you pre-requested Supers tickets, you just wait for the email that tells you what seats you get, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't know. Even an easy Super Regional can get kind of intense. Stakes are high.

This. USF or USA will be playing loose because no one expected them to advance out of Gainesville. We have to stay focused. 

• Hook 'Em 6

The Fairfield catcher? Dude could barely get the ball back to the pitcher.

Ah well. Congrats to Zach. 

He was 1 for 6 with two runs scored and two RBIs against Fairfield, 1 for 4 with two runs scored and two RBIs against ASU, and 3 for 4 with 2 RBIs against Southern. So 5 for 14 with six RBIs and six runs in three games with a HR and a double. Not bad Zach, not bad. 

MVP probably should have been a three way tie for our starting pitchers, they are really who made that regional so dominant.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This. USF or USA will be playing loose because no one expected them to advance out of Gainesville. We have to stay focused. 

Yeah even that Tennessee Tech Super Regional was pretty on edge.

Of course nobody could do much against them except Kody. Hopefully our team shows a little more spark this time.

Edited by Valmy77