2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That first catch was spectacular if only because he caught it over the wrong shoulder.

That wasnt the point. It was spectacular, because he made it difficult on himself. He had a tough time adjusting pass. The ability to track is a huge part of being an NFL WR. ITs a thing of beauty to watch an NFL WR slow down and accelerate into the catch. Better DB play and that would have been a pick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I am saying if he found the ball and adjusted better, he would not have had to make a one handed catch. That was really bad example of tracking a ball. 

I know what you're saying.  And I know what the poster you "corrected" was saying, and it's basically the same thing (that the player made it more difficult on himself), and I chuckled. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

He may be and I hope he is. I just dont see it on the hs tape is all outside of what looks like one kick return and one long bomb.

Hall athleticism information: https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-football-recruiting-Agiye-Hall-commits-tracking-football-146237832/

this uses PAI (Player Athletic Index) which is another version/concept to measure athletic ability like RAS (Relative Athletic Score) - for the PAI system, 4.0 is a high bar, Hall was a 4.4. NFL drafted WR avg is 3.5

he is fast.

Tracking Football gives new Alabama receiver commit Agiye Hall an “outstanding” 4.4 Player Athletic Index combine rating on scale that goes as high as 5.0, based on their algorithm that uses marks the Sunshine State product posted heading into his junior year.

-

To put Hall into perspective, Tracking Football says 2.5 is the Group of Five Average and 3.0 is the average for Power Five. You’re above average at 3.5 and Hall is obviously in the exceptional range. His 40-yard dash time was better than 90 percent of the receivers in the database, his vertical is 89 percent better, the shuttle was 62 percent better and the power toss eclipsed 85 percent of the players in the receiver category. He’s taller than 79 percent of the receivers listed and weighs more than 67 percent going back to 2014.

Hall’s track data is impressive too, which includes a 11.14 100m dash time and an eye-opening 22.22 200m time as a sophomore which resulted in a 3.9 PAI score. Guys like Julio Jones and Minkah Fitzpatrick are the rare perfect 5.0 scores in that category. The overall average for Alabama is a 3.3. Again Hall, probably goes faster as a junior had he ran track in the spring instead of transferring. With that, in the last 10 years his 200m dash time is still better than 96 percent of the database (2,161 receivers), better than 71 percent of the receivers who inked with the SEC and 67 percent that went to Alabama in that same time frame.

here's an example of a WR card within their tool (Tyquan Thornton)

Spoiler

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Had to have been something going on behind the scenes or some sort of red flag we don’t know about for him to still be looking for a home.

Adimora just isn't fast enough to cover most WR's.  Needs to go to a school like UTSA or Tulsa and change positions...

12 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

you always say dumb shit or just this once?

Not sure about you, but a lady who openly complained about her son not getting playing time while he didn't put in the work and enjoyed being at Texas more than playing for Texas before being passed up by Jett Bush on the depth chart doesn't hold a soft place in my heart. Then she continued to post stuff about Texas after losses and look for sympathy as to why her son transferred while still pushing her little Etsy account to Texas fans since she found out the Utah State twitter gang isn't as large as what she was used to.

I can separate what she did to help us in the 2018 class with how she acted after her son got campus.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not sure about you, but a lady who openly complained about her son not getting playing time while he didn't put in the work and enjoyed being at Texas more than playing for Texas before being passed up by Jett Bush on the depth chart doesn't hold a soft place in my heart. Then she continued to post stuff about Texas after losses and look for sympathy as to why her son transferred while still pushing her little Etsy account to Texas fans since she found out the Utah State twitter gang isn't as large as what she was used to.

I can separate what she did to help us in the 2018 class with how she acted after her son got campus.

while not putting in the work?

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Had to have been something going on behind the scenes or some sort of red flag we don’t know about for him to still be looking for a home.

Nothing more than he just isn’t very good.

44 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Way to double down on the stupid. It is always odd when some of you post certain things as if it’s fact and be completely off base. Like not even close.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Enchubben said:

In an effort to not re-reroute the entire thread into a speed discussion for a potential transfer - I fully retract my statement that his speed did not show up on that 90 second clip of highschool film. He is the fastest kid alive. He's a gravity defying superhuman bolt of lightning. He makes Carl Lewis look like Carl Winslow.

He would be so far behind Teddy Lehman in a 100 meter race he couldn't even smell his farts.  

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

I was merely quoting a ranking that provided exactly no logical reference to the unremarkable OSU offense in response to J Sacks funny.

Now Thornton did have those TFLs versus OSU. Out of 4.5 for the year.

Forgive me and carry on.

I was merely making a joke based on your double comment. I have no fucking clue what the defense ranks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NoName said:

Hall twitter follows: https://en.whotwi.com/HallAgiye/friends

image.thumb.png.5bd29f2f8b407ea522763c6cd6b3affd.png

his likes are weird, still liking bama stuff as of today.

Emory Jones on down is old. I checked it the day he entered. Looks like he’s locked in and recruiting. Hopefully the transfer gets through the registrar. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Orange said:

I am happy to take  pretty much anyone from Bama's roster, but wish we were talking about an OL or LB transfer and not WR.  

and I wish Salma Hayek would nourish me from her bosom. we need talented young receivers and hall will have at least two years here if he doesn’t implode. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)