2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Some rumors that Miami cancelled its Mims visit?

Miami or Mims cancelled the visit?  

After Mathis, getting a tackle, linebacker and maybe even another edge player should be the focus for the post May 1st free agency period. 

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Miami or Mims cancelled the visit?  

After Mathis, getting a tackle, linebacker and maybe even another edge player should be the focus for the post May 1st free agency period. 

Safety must lead that list after Tackle & any bad ass OL the comes available. EGAT just spoke to it on their latest podcast too. Safety play killed us last year.

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

Safety must lead that list after Tackle & any bad ass OL the comes available. EGAT just spoke to it on their latest podcast too. Safety play killed us last year.

God bless you for making it through EGAT this week. Ian Boyd destroys my will to live. And his takes are terrible on top of his awkwardness. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

UCLA transfer LB Caleb Johnson sets Texas official visit

Hudson Standish

👀 👀 👀 

(The California native told 247Sports National CFB and transfer portal writer Chris Hummer earlier this week that he was down to Texas and Miami. Johnson visited Miami earlier this week ahead of his upcoming official visit to Texas.)

Spoiler

UCLA transfer LB Caleb Johnson sets Texas official visit

Hudson Standish

Most of the portal news today has been surrounding key targets Agiye Hall and Ochaun Mathis, who were both on campus this weekend watching the Texas Longhorns' spring practice. However, Horns247 recruiting analyst Mike Roach heard from UCLA transfer portal target and former Texas Longhorn, Caleb Johnson, who said he would be officially visiting the Longhorns starting on Monday.

The California native told 247Sports National CFB and transfer portal writer Chris Hummer earlier this week that he was down to Texas and Miami. Johnson visited Miami earlier this week ahead of his upcoming official visit to Texas.

“I'm looking for a place to develop me for my last year and a great fit, and I'm really only considering Miami and Texas,” Johnson said. “They fit everything I’m looking for, got great fanbases and locations as a bonus.”

Johnson, who received a transfer grade of 88 from 247Sports, spent the last two seasons with the Bruins and started 17 of the team’s 19 games during that stretch. He led UCLA with 44 tackles and 5.5 sacks in 2020 while earning second-team all-Pac-12 honors. During the 2021 season, Johnson finished with 45 tackles in 500 snaps for the Bruins.

Johnson has significant familiarity with Austin and the University of Texas. The Murrieta, California native signed with the Longhorns out of Fullerton College as part of the 2019 class and played three games during the 2019 season before entering the transfer portal.

The 6-foot-1, 230-pound Johnson was ranked as the No. 45 overall JUCO prospect and the No. 2 inside linebacker in the 2019 class, per the 247Sports Composite rankings.

The NCAA introduced the transfer portal on Oct. 15, 2018, providing athletes a path to explore their options. Players do not need to ask permission from their coaching staff in order to transfer. They merely need to request that compliance enter their name. Usually, it takes 24-48 hours for a player to appear following their request. Schools are free to contact a player without restriction once their name appears in the portal.

So the WR rotation could be Worthy, Neyor, Whit and Hall. 

RB rotation is B Robinson, R Johnson and K Robinson.

TE room is looking it's best in years and we should either see the Golden Mullet or an improved Card at QB.

WFT is going on at O-line?  Weapons everywhere but a 3 step drop and scramble/sack ain't gonna cut it!

• Hook 'Em 1

TE room is looking it's best in years and we should either see the Golden Mullet or an improved Card at QB.
WFT is going on at O-line?  Weapons everywhere but a 3 step drop and scramble/sack ain't gonna cut it!

The best Oline class in our history just signed and will be on campus soon. FFS!
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mother mopar said:
6 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin said:

The best Oline class in our history just signed and will be on campus soon. FFS!

Well you are right... Still bitter about turtle Tom ignoring that group for too long

33 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
37 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin said:

Having true freshmen starting on the oline is never a good sign. The fact that they could still be an improvement doesn't mean we should be optimistic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Having true freshmen starting on the oline is never a good sign. The fact that they could still be an improvement doesn't mean we should be optimistic. 

The idea that true freshmen will be our best OL at a couple of spots isn’t great, but if it ends up being true then it beats the alternative of signing OL recruits that are not already better than what we have and playing those guys again. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Viper said:

I agree with you, but a competent QB would have won at least two more games last year. Ewers won't underthrow open receivers 5-10 times a game, and the line won't be worse than last season. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of the portal. Kids ain't coming to sit on the sidelines for 2 years anymore.

1 hour ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

The best way to hide an average OL is to surround it with superb talent and an elite QB. It's the Clemson way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Gerry Hamilton:

"FSU is in go big or go home mode on Amarius Mims. I just don't see Texas making a push here."

This is not the news I hoped to hear. Putting a ton of pressure on Kelvin Banks to be the savior 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)