2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

20 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Campbell, Banks, Umeozulu, and Williams aren't coming to Texas to RS. They are likely on the 2 deep the minute they step foot on campus. It's hilarious that you guys continue to bitch about Texas not bringing in a portal guy to take away from those dudes PT.

if we go 0/4 for those guys taking a redshirt we are megafucked because someone released hundreds of rattlesnakes into the OL room while those 4 were in the bathroom and the rest of our OL are in the hospital for months.

if we start or play 4 true freshmen OL Sark may be fired halfway into the season and Ewers and Card's careers are going to be over David Ash style.

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Doesn’t he have to sit out a year, or is it a graduate?

"The fifth-year senior is currently finishing up an internship at Vanderbilt and is set to get his degree in May."

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bamacentral/vanderbilt-ol-tyler-steen-expected-to-transfer-to-alabama

1 minute ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

SEC no longer requires athletes who transfer within the conference to sit out a year.

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bamacentral/sec-eliminates-intra-conference-transfer-rule

Looks like the key is when you enter the portal. If you enter the portal by Feb 1, you can stay in the SEC without sitting out. After that, you sit a year if staying in conference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

In order to gain immediate eligibility, a student-athlete will need to declare his or her intent to transfer by February 1 for Fall sports, May 1 for Winter sports and July 1 for Spring sports. NCAA rules include similar deadlines except the NCAA deadline for Fall sports is May 1.

The February 1 caveat is the one that matters now, and why new declarations commitments have to meet that deadline. What Fud alluded to. 

Edited by Vito Andolini

2 hours ago, westexhorn said:

Alabama just took a tackle transfer from Vanderbilt.  Sounds like TommyB sucks.

Gerry said on the most recent IT podcast that Bama was (for them) thin on the OL, meaning they probably only have 7 guys who are going to play in the NFL instead of 10. But maybe this Vandy transfer means one less suitor for Mims. 

9 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Oh, but all of our top OL recruits are guaranteed year one starters! Am I doing this right?

It's different when our freshmen will be competing with *checks notes* Andrej Karic and Jaylen Garth.

TommyB is probably only behind JC Latham at LT. Javion Cohen will likely stick at guard. Not sure what the RT spot looks like, but it's probably full also.

Unfortunately for Tommy, Latham was the only OL ranked higher than him in 2021, and appears to have a hold on that spot.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=OT

9 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Gerry said on the most recent IT podcast that Bama was (for them) thin on the OL, meaning they probably only have 7 guys who are going to play in the NFL instead of 10. But maybe this Vandy transfer means one less suitor for Mims. 

Think the conference transfer rule already ruled out Bama for him

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

It's different when our freshmen will be competing with *checks notes* Andrej Karic and Jaylen Garth.

TommyB is probably only behind JC Latham at LT. Javion Cohen will likely stick at guard. Not sure what the RT spot looks like, but it's probably full also.

Unfortunately for Tommy, Latham was the only OL ranked higher than him in 2021, and appears to have a hold on that spot.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=OT

Fuck them, he could have been one of the turning points in Austin along the OL.  Have fun sitting behind this LT for the next 2 seasons

23 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Except for the whole running third team recently thing, and that's before they just added the transfer 

"— Alabama’s first-team offensive line included Kendall Randolph, Javion Cohen, Seth McLaughlin, Damieon George Jr. and J.C. Latham from left to right. The second-team unit was made up of Amari Kight, T.J. Ferguson, Tanner Bowles, Jaeden Roberts and Tyler Booker. Five-star redshirt freshman Tommy Brockermeyer worked with the third-team unit."

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

Except for the whole running third team recently thing, and that's before they just added the transfer 

"— Alabama’s first-team offensive line included Kendall Randolph, Javion Cohen, Seth McLaughlin, Damieon George Jr. and J.C. Latham from left to right. The second-team unit was made up of Amari Kight, T.J. Ferguson, Tanner Bowles, Jaeden Roberts and Tyler Booker. Five-star redshirt freshman Tommy Brockermeyer worked with the third-team unit."

I thought Randolph was a TE?

27 minutes ago, Fud said:

who ever would have guessed that fucking Damieon George would be starting at Bama as a recruit?!

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Our current OL sucks, it is known. Alabama pulling fucking stud recruits every single year and still taking a transfer from fucking Vanderbilt is the only evidence we need that you take a talented transfer OL if available. These 2022 OL recruits may have a high bust rate after four years, much less counting on them during year one.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm beginning to sense that if any of the current Texas OL were in the portal coming from a different school, you yahoos would be screaming about Texas signing them.

Yes.  If they made our team better. 

If we,  God forbid,  had a worse O'line than we have now and were coming off of a 1 win season and they would get us to 5 ,  why not? 

edit:  that's assuming they were the best we could get in the portal.

Edited by Laga4

What a bunch of Nancy’s on this thread.  It’s springtime.   We have practice reports to jerk off to.   Quit being a bunch of faggots and take a sip of the flavor.   Considering the actual performance over the last ten years and multiple off season fuckery, this might be the only time of the year to be happy.  So I’m not sipping …. I’m chugging.

10 wins minimum bitches.   I know that bama and Kansas away are both losses but the rest of the schedule is trash.  Every decent team last year suffered extreme turnover and we actually have a year of stability plus legit offensive upside and a defense that can’t be any worse statistically.   It’s like skulling a 100 yard wedge that ends up 6 inches from the hole.  The scorecard doesn’t care how you made a birdie.   

rant over.  More whisky. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 6

Those of you predicting Banks to just walk in the door and lock down the LT spot may need to pump your brakes a bit. After watching 4 of his games in person this year I would say that I feel confident that he could handle the RT spot fairly well to start the season, and then move to LT the following season. But I'm just another know nothing asshole so we'll see how it all plays out. 

I'd love to be wrong though, and pursuing Mims is a good call in my opinion.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

What a bunch of Nancy’s on this thread.  It’s springtime.   We have practice reports to jerk off to.   Quit being a bunch of faggots and take a sip of the flavor.   Considering the actual performance over the last ten years and multiple off season fuckery, this might be the only time of the year to be happy.  So I’m not sipping …. I’m chugging.

10 wins minimum bitches.   I know that bama and Kansas away are both losses but the rest of the schedule is trash.  Every decent team last year suffered extreme turnover and we actually have a year of stability plus legit offensive upside and a defense that can’t be any worse statistically.   It’s like skulling a 100 yard wedge that ends up 6 inches from the hole.  The scorecard doesn’t care how you made a birdie.   

rant over.  More whisky. 

Tragic fratbro analogies aside, the big absurdity in this post is that you can't even count. We've been getting our pants pulled down in public for 12 years now.

10 hours ago, Best served cold said:

Those of you predicting Banks to just walk in the door and lock down the LT spot may need to pump your brakes a bit. After watching 4 of his games in person this year I would say that I feel confident that he could handle the RT spot fairly well to start the season, and then move to LT the following season. But I'm just another know nothing asshole so we'll see how it all plays out. 

I'd love to be wrong though, and pursuing Mims is a good call in my opinion.

Anyone that looks at what is happening at the LT position this spring and thinks "gee, I don't think they've earmarked Banks at LT from the day he steps on campus" has stuck their head all the way up their own asshole. It doesn't matter how he looks at that position, they've told him he's a day 1 starter there if he shows up in shape and healthy. After watching Christian Jones last year, I guess I'm skeptical that this will be worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)