2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I thought I mentioned this but to be clear, Riley was full of shit with the total value of his offer. He underestimated the market and overestimated what his backers would post for a one year transfer. Does he cajole them into ponying up now that the bluff has been called? We’re about to find out. Texas won’t be losing due to NIL though, irrespective of outcome. 

Have we confirmed that it was Riley trying to pull Worthy into the portal? If so, this would be the ultimate bitch slap. 

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

I'm guessing the sequence of events is something like this:

1. USC recruits him into the portal with a promise of big NIL
  2. Bama, Texas, and others see him in the portal and decide to get involved
  3. He visits Texas as a favor to his old coach
  4. Texas puts a very attractive NIL offer on the table
  5. Still visiting USC because that was the destination all along
  6. Bama decides they can't/won't match the Texas NIL so they're out

So it now boils down to can/will USC match our NIL, or if not, does he decide to stick with the program that recruited him into the portal or go with the high bidder (us)?

Maybe expect it sounds like Bama was on him well before he officially entered the portal too. I still suspect this is like Mario Williams or Caleb taking some token visits as tampering-defense / NIL leverage only to end up where we all knew they would, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Think about our chances here if Coleman was still our wide receiver coach. I know it’s mathematically impossible have to have negative probability percentages, but the math gods would might consider an exception in that case. 

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I still remain a skeptic on Texas landing Addison. That said, yes, Riley was tampering with Worthy. A growing number of coaches, administrators and alumni bases are pointing turrets at Riley. I'd love to see that motherfucker crash and burn in LA.

This is my thinking.

It all started with USC, and until I see otherwise, everything else is a smokescreen. Just like Caleb Williams. Fits the pattern and I’m betting it has been a done deal for a while.

Would love to be wrong though.

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

This is my thinking.

It all started with USC, and until I see otherwise, everything else is a smokescreen. Just like Caleb Williams. Fits the pattern and I’m betting it has been a done deal for a while.

Small difference between this and Caleb WIlliams - Addison wouldn't be following the guy he committed to and played for to USC.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

This is my thinking.

I think it makes sense that they lured him into the portal.  But then UT put an NIL deal that exceeded USC and probably explained California taxes and cost of living to Addison.  

The real question to me is whether Addison sees Ewers and Worthy and Robinson and Naylor as a positive or a negative.  I don't know what the starting lineup looks like offensively at USC right now as a comparison, but does he view having a WR as talented as Worthy as a positive or negative.  I suspect since he was considering Alabama he doesn't give a shit.

22 minutes ago, deech said:

I think it makes sense that they lured him into the portal.  But then UT put an NIL deal that exceeded USC and probably explained California taxes and cost of living to Addison.  

The real question to me is whether Addison sees Ewers and Worthy and Robinson and Naylor as a positive or a negative.  I don't know what the starting lineup looks like offensively at USC right now as a comparison, but does he view having a WR as talented as Worthy as a positive or negative.  I suspect since he was considering Alabama he doesn't give a shit.

I think he’d love being in many possible one on one match ups due to the threat of Worthy and Neyor while the secondary is also peaking into the backfield some to keep an eye on Bijan

26 minutes ago, deech said:

I think Texas checks a lot more boxes then people give them credit for. Familiar position coach, a play caller that won a receiver the Hesiman, Huge NIL deal, weapons to assure he can’t be double teamed. 
its starting to look more and more like USC fucked around and found out. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

jfc it's been that way for like a month now. That isn't new but I wouldn't expect anything less from Aggie Football Network.

Okay, not in social media so I didn’t know what was going on 

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Okay, not in social media so I didn’t know what was going on 

All good. FCB posted an in depth interview with him like a week ago where he talked about the decision to transfer to Texas and how excited he was. 

It's sad we've reached a point where we monitor what photos kids keep on their instagram. As someone who was involved in analyzing hotel curtains 18 months ago I would never drop that low.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

He was never listed on the roster lol

I'm not an expert on Bobby Bowden's electric Ebays, and I understand Agiye Hall was never on the roster, but if he had a lot of Texas material on his social media and he removed all of it....that is a bad sign, correct?

Just now, JFKFC said:

I'm not an expert on Bobby Bowden's electric Ebays, and I understand Agiye Hall was never on the roster, but if he had a lot of Texas material on his social media and he removed all of it....that is a bad sign, correct?

Means Addison is coming

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Seriously, this was all like a month ago, before the Addison stuff, chill tf out. People did the exact same thing about Neyor even though he was actually signed when he changed his profile picture.

So you’re saying Addison told Marion he was coming a month ago

4 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I understand you get giddy anytime something bad or negative could be happening in this program, but I am here to inform you that:

1) he never "had a lot of Texas material on his social media" and what he did have has been deleted for close to a month now. 

2) he is a 19 year old kid who is playing social media games

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Burton on IT hinted a while back that Addison's decision could affect Hall...however anyone who is surprised that Hall isn't listed on the roster doesn't understand how transferring works. If Addison commits here then we should put Hall on decommit watch, but until then this is a nothingburger.

• Hook 'Em 1

Twitter goons are manipulating the timeline. Agiye Hall removed the commitment edits pretty soon after committing, and that was all of the Texas content he ever had up. 

Exhibit A: Hall's Twitter ao 4/24 The Worthy quote tweet is still up, btw. 

Exhibit B: After the commitment tweet was deleted, he did this interview on MAY 5TH:

"Texas fans are like a family. They love you unconditionally. They want the best for you and want to make sure you’re striving to be the best person you are, whether it’s people in the stands, players or coaches - they’re all connected, which is a good thing.”

https://247sports.com/Article/Ex-Alabama-WR-Agiye-Hall-after-Texas-transfer-Crimson-Tide-fans-not-really-loving-187214263/

Maybe something does change if we land Addison, but what is being circulated is not proof of change

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I understand you get giddy anytime something bad or negative could be happening in this program 

Not true.

I have never looked at Hall's (or any player's) social media. I know he was/is an elite recruit and I very much want him on the team. I didn't know he never had much Texas content on his social media. I didn't know he deleted what Texas content he did have over a month ago. I will be bummed if we lose him (UNLESS that means that we landed a certain Pitt WR...and selfishly, I would like to have them both). 

Obviously, you don't like a lot of what I post. I am sure we have very different opinions on Sark and our o-line personnel. I hope you can still be open to the idea that I hope I am wrong...and I hope Texas gets every top tier recruit we can get and I want Texas (and Sark) to have a terrific season. 

Not everything I post is related to an agenda. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Obviously, you don't like a lot of what I post. I am sure we have very different opinions on Sark and our o-line personnel. I hope you can still be open to the idea that I hope I am wrong...and I hope Texas gets every top tier recruit we can get and I want Texas (and Sark) to have a terrific season. 

Not everything I post is related to an agenda. 

image.gif.a602e2e22d506d75b4f5c64213166663.gif

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Hall is also a shit head, I am still surprised they took him

Anything positive he provides to this team will be a bonus. Expectations should be relatively low and at best he's a WR4 on this team in 2022. When you have a relatively strong position room you can take a lottery ticket and if he flames out then oh well. If he gets his head on straight and contributes then awesome.

• Like 1