2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

12 minutes ago, MH BEVO said:

Is it weird that he prefaced his comment with all the other times he was right? Sounds like he’s trying too hard. 

I think it's weird that we've discussed his post so much. It's Lotus. Throw enough shit at the wall, some of it will stick. 

It's interesting that him visiting USC again + reportedly a Bama visit is getting the "shit, it's over," vs. just him visiting USC again. 

Honestly, I've never felt we'd get him, but it almost makes me feel better that he'll have more to think about with an extra visit, because USC seemed like the pretty clear destination before the Bama visit was announced. Not that I believe he'll choose Texas....

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

F718067F-C4B7-4E48-AFA6-093B4F625ADC.png

Like I was saying, I don't really think it's a bad thing that he's going to add a visit. Him leaving from Texas to go visit USC for a second time seemed like the nail in the coffin for Texas. The hope at least remains alive as he further considers things. Time is good. 

7 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

She has thumb cancer ya dick

Pairs the thumbs with Charlie’s index finger and you can redefine cliches about doing nothing.  Standing around picking your nose with your thumb up your ass, yet you could still lend a hand.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

All of this NIL stuff is already at a level of fuckery that these guys would never tolerate in their actual business deals, much less when they’re just handing out money to 20 year olds with no way to enforce what they expect to get from handing out the money in the first place.

This is what worries me about Aggie. There are no super wealthy businessmen who are willing to just stupidly give money away with no way to enforce what they expect to get in return ---- with the exception of Aggie. Those fucks are so desperate to matter that they're going to go there and go there fast. It's no way to build a culture or a program but the short term results before the inevitable explosion is certainly worth it for some of them. 

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This is what worries me about Aggie. There are no super wealthy businessmen who are willing to just stupidly give money away with no way to enforce what they expect to get in return ---- with the exception of Aggie. Those fucks are so desperate to matter that they're going to go there and go there fast. It's no way to build a culture or a program but the short term results before the inevitable explosion is certainly worth it for some of them. 

I actually think that Jimbo will luck into a championship by virtue of taken accumulation.  Aggies whole identity is wrapped up in being the best at something.  Whether it be football or an online pole.  It is imbedded into their psyche that they are a disrespected people and that any moment they will rise to their deserved place as a national power.  I have no doubt that they are willing as a fanbase to spend whatever they have to in order to be a "winner".  It would not surprise me if they continue to spend in amounts that would embarrass us in comparison.  It just means more to them.

4 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I actually think that Jimbo will luck into a championship by virtue of taken accumulation.  Aggies whole identity is wrapped up in being the best at something.  Whether it be football or an online pole. It is imbedded into their psyche that they are a disrespected people and that any moment they will rise to their deserved place as a national power.  I have no doubt that they are willing as a fanbase to spend whatever they have to in order to be a "winner".  It would not surprise me if they continue to spend in amounts that would embarrass us in comparison.  It just means more to them.

I think this is not a typo.

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I actually think that Jimbo will luck into a championship by virtue of taken accumulation.  Aggies whole identity is wrapped up in being the best at something.  Whether it be football or an online pole.  It is imbedded into their psyche that they are a disrespected people and that any moment they will rise to their deserved place as a national power.  I have no doubt that they are willing as a fanbase to spend whatever they have to in order to be a "winner".  It would not surprise me if they continue to spend in amounts that would embarrass us in comparison.  It just means more to them.

Lol no. They played their card last class. NIL numbers being thrown around are dwarfing that shit already.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, CTC2 said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xwwp154acjpgiec8c7

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, CTC2 said:

babe dancing GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, CTC2 said:

chris farley GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Addison to Texas never seemed a strong possibility to me...perhaps because I'm just not close enough to the situation to know anything. Regardless, if we can get the ball to the guys we already have, I'll be thrilled. 

Worthy, Neyor, Whittington, Hall is probably a better 4 man rotation than 95% of schools out there.  Just need to get some depth guys at this point.  If Addison comes, then great.  If not, it at least shows recruits and some of these guys on campus that we’re going to go after the best talent.

• Hook 'Em 3