What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

Had some bad ass lemonade. I would kill the fried rice and the Turkey rolls. I would go more to the one by Littlefield and take lunch into Portuguese class.

This right here. And that breakfast taco joint/stand in the parking lot across from Mad Dogs.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Eggroll stand on the Drag. Mmmmmm....

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Had some bad ass lemonade. I would kill the fried rice and the Turkey rolls. I would go more to the one by Littlefield and take lunch into Portuguese class.

they had a lot more than eggrolls and lemonade

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

The Austin Police Department said it was searching for two suspects in connection with a shooting in south Austin. APD said the shooting resulted in serious injuries.

According to police, the shooting occurred Monday at approximately 5:40 p.m. in the 1300 Block of West Ben White Boulevard, which is east of Menchaca Road.

“Preliminary investigation revealed that the victim’s vehicle was cut off by a dark grey Volkswagen sedan occupied by two Black males. One of the suspects, who was a passenger of the Volkswagen, fired several gunshots into the victim’s vehicle. The gunshots hit both victims; one adult occupant in the chest, and a juvenile child in the head,” APD said.

https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/child-shot-in-the-head-apd-searching-for-leads-in-south-austin-roadway-shooting/

• Rage+1 1

The City of Austin’s Parks and Recreation Department (PARD) apologized after sending out an email that alarmed several workers.

The email sent on Jan. 25 titled in part “Healing from racial trauma,” told people to attend one of two meetings: one for people of color and one for white people.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/austin-parks-and-rec-department-apologizes-after-planned-segregated-racial-healing-meetings/

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2024 at 10:43 AM, Deej said:

Preliminary investigation revealed that the victim’s vehicle was cut off by a dark grey Volkswagen sedan occupied by two Black males.

Black dudes driving a Volkswagen? What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Deej said:

So an equity and inclusion coordinator pissed off people of color at the PARD.  I never bought into the "we're living in a computer simulation" stuff, but things like this make one wonder. 

I'm sure the Ron Swanson of the department will get this mess sorted out.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

So an equity and inclusion coordinator pissed off people of color at the PARD.  I never bought into the "we're living in a computer simulation" stuff, but things like this make one wonder. 

I'm sure the Ron Swanson of the department will get this mess sorted out.

This is what happens when you give AI access to your Outlook and let 'er rip!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/24/2024 at 6:59 PM, InkaUtexas said:

Dude. I ate at that same eggroll stand, and got kicked out of Portuguese class. Something about I was supposed to "enroll," maaaaaan.

• Haha 2

Some fat, white, middle-aged asshole cussed out my wife and daughter in the Starbucks parking lot on Great Hills a week or so ago.   The spots there are tiny, and she was parked dead center (according to her).  Well parked or not, he didn't like that he had to shimmy his fat ass to get inside his car, rolled down his window and started screaming obscenities at my wife.   Wife asked him to calm down as our 11 year old daughter was with her, and he proceeded with "fuck your daughter, she's a bitch too."  Then looked right at my daughter and said, "Yeah, you.  You're a bitch just like your mom."  

Given this site's proclivity for attracting a bevy of men who meet this particular description, I thought I might see if this story sounds familiar to anyone.  If you happen to be the guy, please announce yourself so I can come over and feed you your teeth.  If you're not man enough to message me your name and address, know that I'll eventually find you anyway.  

With that out of the way, there does seem to be an uptick in the general level of anger out there in Austin these days.  I don't know if it's the influx of northeasterners bringing a more direct form of communication to us Texans, who prefer to act nice outwardly and talk shit behind your back, or it's a result of the political environment of the last few years, the state of the economy over the last few years, pandemic, etc. etc etc.  

Edited by Samson's Wig
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Some fat, white, middle-aged asshole cussed out my wife and daughter in the Starbucks parking lot on Great Hills a week or so ago.   The spots there are tiny, and she was parked dead center (according to her).  Well parked or not, he didn't like that he had to shimmy his fat ass to get inside his car, rolled down his window and started screaming obscenities at my wife.   Wife asked him to calm down as our 11 year old daughter was with her, and he proceeded with "fuck your daughter, she's a bitch too."  Then looked right at my daughter and said, "Yeah, you.  You're a bitch just like your mom."  

Given this site's proclivity for attracting a bevy of men who meet this particular description, I thought I might see if this story sounds familiar to anyone.  If you happen to be the guy, please announce yourself so I can come over and feed you your teeth.  If you're not man enough to message me your name and address, know that I'll eventually find you anyway.  

With that out of the way, there does seem to be an uptick in the general level of anger out there in Austin these days.  I don't know if it's the influx of northeasterners bringing a more direct form of communication to us Texans, who prefer to act nice outwardly and talk shit behind your back, or it's a result of the political environment of the last few years, the state of the economy over the last few years, pandemic, etc. etc etc.  

Was this her?

image.thumb.png.e3bb5656b3ae41bac85086b1d63b6341.png

She WAS inside the lines, I'll give her that...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

This is awfully close to Brisket's house.....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You ain't wrong.....but I don't frequent Starbucks.  I am a cheap bastard who drinks the brew at the office.

Between drinking 99.9999 percent of my coffee at work or old fashioned drip at home or ranch, I bet my lifetime cost per cup is around a penny.

BOTLO for a hot blonde stealing your phone and CC. Ok, maybe not the hot part.

https://mailchi.mp/austintexas.gov/apd-detectives-search-for-a-woman-suspected-of-drugging-and-robbing-multiple-victims

244ecb84-2076-1ae4-1e98-578f842a8135.jpg

3f94dd31-4c6f-c011-0a6e-5d9d0369ed45.jpg

Case:                            22-0431239: Drugging, Credit Card Abuse series
                                     23-5030270: Drugging, Credit Card Abuse

Date:                            January 2022 – December 2023

The Austin Police Department Robbery Unit is requesting the public’s assistance with identifying a female suspect in connection to multiple drugging and credit card abuse cases. The incidents occurred in the Downtown Austin Entertainment District and involved male victims who were potentially drugged, and their credit cards and cellphones taken.  The credit cards and cellphones were then used to commit over $75,000 in fraudulent purchases and transactions utilizing the banking applications on the cellphones and physical purchases in various businesses using the credit cards.

The suspect has been linked to several incidents reported in early 2022, and as recently as December 2023.

The suspect is described as:

White Female

Blonde hair

Approximately 5’6” tall

Heavy build

Facial makeup

33 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

BOTLO for a hot blonde stealing your phone and CC. Ok, maybe not the hot part.

https://mailchi.mp/austintexas.gov/apd-detectives-search-for-a-woman-suspected-of-drugging-and-robbing-multiple-victims

244ecb84-2076-1ae4-1e98-578f842a8135.jpg

3f94dd31-4c6f-c011-0a6e-5d9d0369ed45.jpg

Case:                            22-0431239: Drugging, Credit Card Abuse series
                                     23-5030270: Drugging, Credit Card Abuse

Date:                            January 2022 – December 2023

The Austin Police Department Robbery Unit is requesting the public’s assistance with identifying a female suspect in connection to multiple drugging and credit card abuse cases. The incidents occurred in the Downtown Austin Entertainment District and involved male victims who were potentially drugged, and their credit cards and cellphones taken.  The credit cards and cellphones were then used to commit over $75,000 in fraudulent purchases and transactions utilizing the banking applications on the cellphones and physical purchases in various businesses using the credit cards.

The suspect has been linked to several incidents reported in early 2022, and as recently as December 2023.

The suspect is described as:

White Female

Blonde hair

Approximately 5’6” tall

Heavy build

Facial makeup

Don't talk to fat ugly chicks, and don't use face recognition on your phone.  Problem solved.

To be fair, you can be drugged without talking to any strangers, good looking or not, while out and about.  Happened to me.

It was me. Can we keep this between us? I’d hate to lose my teaching job.
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Dead center".

image.thumb.png.c2c6e272278aedcafc7dcdba36e4e74c.png

My wife's vehicle has a 360 overhead camera view and she uses it religiously, so I tend to believe she was parked just fine, but yeah, you never know.  Those spots are tiny in that lot.  Fuck that guy either way.    Perhaps the worst part is neither of us can stand Starbucks and wouldn't go there, but our daughter has taken a liking to the bagels, of all the fucking things, so she asks to go there with some regularity for a plain bagel toasted with butter.   It's mind-numbingly ridiculous, but we give in now and then.

Ended up January with six homicides.

This includes the one where the guy out on zero bail after being arrested a month earlier for carrying a weapon while being a felon (second time) killed his girlfriend... allegedly. As well, one of those homicides stemmed from the game room where Guy A kills security guard and second security guard then kills Guy A. Counts as two homicides even though no charges are brought against the second security guard.

Here's how it stacks up against previous years:

2020: 5
2021: 5
2022: 11
2023: 9
2024: 6

A nice downtick, but 2021 actually ended with the most of any of those years as we came out of COVID. 

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously.  Going to Starbuck's for a bagel is like going to Subway for pizza.

And eating a bagel is like eating a shoe. Y'all are supposed to be Texans. Act like it, damnit

angry marlon brando GIF