Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

12 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It's the mail in the coffin

I laughed. 😂

Then thought about slipping a letter to my father inside his suit pocket when we went to see my father in his casket the day before his funeral. 🥲

But the joke was still a good one. 👏👏 Surly humor is good humor. 

17 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Hilarious considering our opponents' records are a combined 6-3.

It will be interesting to see how they do this weekend:

Bama - Ole Miss

Wyoming - App State

Rice - USF

I already feel good about the season, but I'll feel even better if all three teams win. Then we just need to dogwalk Baylor for me to dive headfirst into the koolaid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The funny thing is…Weigman really is better than Johnson.

But now they’re going to be clamoring for Johnson after a few throws against hapless Auburn.

So they’re going to want the worse quarterback to play, further stunting Weigman’s growth. Until they lose another game or two.

Then back to Weigman.

It truly is a roller coaster.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

The funny thing is…Weigman really is better than Johnson.

I would have said this before today's game but I'm really not sold. Weigman struggled big time in the 1st half before the injury and this is what he's done against quality defenses. 

I can't think of a more overrated player. He's been stacking up numbers against some of the worst defenses in college football. 

Weigman might be good but these are the DFEI ranks against teams he's started against so far in his career. 

'22 Ole Miss: #53

'22 Auburn: #28 

'22 UMASS: #131

'22 LSU: #16

'23 New Mexico: #123

'23 Miami: #35

'23 ULM: #112

It's been a very mixed bag in the games against top 40 defenses. Weigman was terrible against Auburn last year. He was good against LSU but he wasn't asked to throw the ball much (only 155 passing yards). Against Miami this year he completed less than 60% of his passes, with 2 interceptions, and most the passing yards were in the 2nd half against a Miami D with a bunch of injuries. 

New Mexico, UMASS, and ULM are legitimately 3 of the worst defenses in the country and that's 3/7 starts so far for Weigman. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I would have said this before today's game but I'm really not sold. Weigman struggled big time in the 1st half before the injury and this is what he's done against quality defenses. 

I can't think of a more overrated player. He's been stacking up numbers against some of the worst defenses in college football. 

I hear what you’re saying and can understand that perspective. But Auburn was also getting good pressure on Weigman and they got virtually none against Johnson. 

• Like 1

Don't know whether there is a Non Aggy/SEC Screenshots thread, so posting this  Texas Tech (sand aggy?) stuff here.

image.thumb.png.d8be0913deee3bc482545fcf1d31c660.png

What do we do?

Well, there is always this option:

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

(Oh, and lulz at "about the same (talent) as Oregon." 🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣 )

PlanoRaider1, quite possibly on the strength of extensive personal experience, suggests an alternative course of action.

image.thumb.png.3c3bbed70b5911b424d066cbfb10454c.png

Sounds like ... well, McGuire said it:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

They keep trashing the Kansas schools but I would wager that both of them would beat a&m this year…

Both Kansas schools would drag their nuts across aggy's chin. Jayhawks would probably hang 60 on 'em and K State would allow aggy to possess the ball for a whole six minutes and eleven seconds in the game for a final score of 11-0.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

image.png.300027013f8b12a9bd1f7d401b362c80.png

1. No, it isn't.

2. No, "they" don't.

3. Who has to have a story to sell? What do you see in your head when you speak of CFB wanting to have stories and sell articles? 

4. Who the fuck is "they?" Do you imagine an auditorium where "CFB" meets to decide on stories to sell articles and ads? In this auditorium, there was vote to "boost [Texas] going to the SEC next year and will win out?"

I'm sure nobody would tune in for the games without the stories cooked up by CFB which is just like WWE in every conceivable way.

Also, somewhere in there they mention Texas "always" losing a game they shouldn't. In the last 60 seasons, Texas has two 30-game win streaks. Texas also has a few undefeated regular seasons in there where we lost our bowl game.

The TexAgs Aggies think they've inherited all the SEC achievements as their own. Joining the same club as Tiger Woods makes you quite the golfer yourself.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've watched it for decades, and yet the delusion, projection,  and cognitive dissonance among ag fans still never ceases to amaze me. 

Texas can only keep the QB clean because they're not playing SEC d-lines.  Aside from Alabama, who managed zero sacks and not a ton of pressure against Ewers.

Kansas State owns Texas, despite being 0-6 in recent games.

Last week, the ag mantra was "Texas always loses a few they shouldn't.  Baylor, Kansas, or Kansas State are certain to win."  Now it's, "Baylor is the worst P5 team in history, but both Kansas schools or BYU are certain to win."  Next week it'll be, "Kansas State and BYU maybe."

And it's really hilarious how so many of those rubes are now projecting that shit-ass Miami team into the CFP.  Just pure fantasy.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

I've watched it for decades, and yet the delusion, projection,  and cognitive dissonance among ag fans still never ceases to amaze me. 

Texas can only keep the QB clean because they're not playing SEC d-lines.  Aside from Alabama, who managed zero sacks and not a ton of pressure against Ewers.

Kansas State owns Texas, despite being 0-6 in recent games.

Last week, the ag mantra was "Texas always loses a few they shouldn't.  Baylor, Kansas, or Kansas State are certain to win."  Now it's, "Baylor is the worst P5 team in history, but both Kansas schools or BYU are certain to win."  Next week it'll be, "Kansas State and BYU maybe."

And it's really hilarious how so many of those rubes are now projecting that shit-ass Miami team into the CFP.  Just pure fantasy.

They've also managed to infect a significant portion of other bottomfeeding SEC fans with said dumbfucktitude, if a few random perusals of secrant is any indication.