Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

As mediocre as the SEC looks, ATM has as much risk on their season as any of them. There is nothing to be gained from considering the New Mexico or ULM games as anything outside of glorified scrimmages. They played one opponent with a spine and shit themselves in the process. They lost to a team that spotted them two gift ST fuckups inside the red zone and then lost their 4 best defensive players. ATM responded by going up 17-7 and then finishing out the game losing in 41-16 fashion. It takes effort to fall apart that horribly.

What have any of you seen otherwise to feel like 8-4 or 9-3 is at all plausible? This is a team full of quitters coached by a band of misanthropic losers. On top of that, they're thinner than tissue paper at most positions.

ESPN's FPI has them as the #64 Strength of Record (SoR, "an average top 25 team would have teams record or better given the schedule), #35 SoS so far and that's with FPI's #15 team Miami in it. it also projects their remaining SOS at #8 in the country

for a minor comparison, Texas is #1 in SOR, #11 in SOS and #40 in remaining SOS

FPI also has them as the #92 defense, just ahead of San Jose State and Akron and just behind UNLV and UMass. Texas is #1.

FEI has them at #53 SOS so far and that will drop after they roll in FEIs #105 team ULM.

their schedule doesn't really tell us anything other than they lost a game they probably shouldn't have vs Miami. but sure y'all, keep praising their new look offense

• Hook 'Em 4

Auburn sucks, Arky is meh, Tennessee has taken a very large step back, MSU is meh, Bama is good with Milroe but really really bad if they try to force-play one of the other QBs. This is the year that a&m SHOULD contend for the SEC West. They get a weak Bama @ home & the rest of their SEC schedule is meh other than maybe OM (if they're not fools gold) & LSU. If there were a year for a&m to go into the final weekend with a trip to the SEC championship on the line it should be this year & there's not a single person with a brain that's anticipating it much less betting on it. Why? Because they suck. Their HC sucks. Their DC sucks. Their OC sucks. Their locker room culture sucks. Their depth sucks. Their vaunted "Spirit of Aggie-land" home field advantage sucks. Their only guaranteed win the rest of the year is ACU & hopefully that plays out exactly how UMASS did last year with no one in the stands because of how bad they've been all year. Every other game is going to either be aggy as the decided underdog or a coinflip of "who's going to suck less today". They'll probably pull a few of those out (Auburn, maybe USCe, & Arky) but 8 wins is a streeeeetch right now. I could talk myself into 7 if they stay relatively healthy but 6-6 or 5-7 are not longshots by any means & any sort of injury at QB, OL, S, LB, or Stewart could derail their mediocre season in a snap.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Again, saying those other teams are meh or crappy doesn't point to the Aggies beating them. I'm sure Auburn, Arky, and whoever else they have left are looking at A&M the way some of you are looking A&M's opponents.

Sure, the Aggies could finish 8-4, but that would mean a disproportionate number of 50-50 games went their way.

16 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Saban announced Milroe is the man this weekend. I think with some more games under his belt he beats A&M, again.

4D chess from Saban.  Bench Milroe after so-so performance vs UT, knowing that they'd beat USF even with Baby Buchners Bible Bonkers at QB, and motivate him to play well the rest of the year.  

Milroe goes for 200yds plus on aggy in a not close game, pulling the heart out of their fans like Indiana Jones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

4D chess from Saban.  Bench Milroe after so-so performance vs UT, knowing that they'd beat USF even with Baby Buchners Bible Bonkers at QB, and motivate him to play well the rest of the year.  

Milroe goes for 200yds plus on aggy in a not close game, pulling the heart out of their fans like Indiana Jones.

It s a nice story...but Indiana Jones never pulled out anyone's heart. That was Mola Ram. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Fun fact, the PG-13 rating was invented to avoid giving Temple of Doom an R.

Apparently the MPAA had misgivings about labelling a movie where a dude's heart gets ripped out and set on fire as PG. Spielberg told them to make something in between PG and R, so that's what they did. 

Look at the brain on this guy.  Surly posters rock.

Edited by cochamps

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Saban announced Milroe is the man this weekend. I think with some more games under his belt he beats A&M, again.

How did Alabama get so effed up at quarterback? Both Milroe and Simpson were highly ranked coming out of high school. Has Bama just gotten lazy in its recruiting, or is it the OC?

Emphasizing some RPO packages for Milroe seems like a no brainer. But they really haven''t done that, at least not in any consistent manner. And how do you explain Buchner? He was never anything special, but he at least looked kind of functional at Notre Dame. But last Saturday at USF? He was god awful. You'd have better luck with a trained seal taking the snap. A performance that dreadful has to come, at least in part, from coaching and/or playcalling.

Or does the offensive line just miss Flood that much?

Anyway, good luck to Milroe, I guess.

The SEC West was already down last year. 

Alabama had one of its weakest teams in a decade. Auburn, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Miss State were all slightly above average to bad. LSU finished with 10 wins but were an extremely flawed team that only got to 10 wins because the SEC West was mediocre. 

Every year we hear "the SEC West is down so that will save aggy." The SEC West has been mediocre for years and aggy still finds ways to lose games. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Fun fact, the PG-13 rating was invented to avoid giving Temple of Doom an R.

Apparently the MPAA had misgivings about labelling a movie where a dude's heart gets ripped out and set on fire as PG. Spielberg told them to make something in between PG and R, so that's what they did. 

My parents took me and my younger brother to see this movie when we were little. I don’t think they realized what was in it. I still vividly remember that fucking scene. And the dinner involving animal eyeball soup and monkey brains. They went over the top with that one. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My parents took me and my younger brother to see this movie when we were little. I don’t think they realized what was in it. I still vividly remember that fucking scene. And the dinner involving animal eyeball soup and monkey brains. They went over the top with that one. 

Same thing happened to my parents who took me and my brother. The chilled monkey brains and pregnant snake left an impression on my young mind.

But we loved the "Kali Ma Shakti De" part and ran around screaming that each other for a week. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

That movie hasn't aged well from a cultural sensitivity perspective. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Just call me Bastian from Neverending Story II because I wish aggy had a heart

2 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

How did Alabama get so effed up at quarterback? Both Milroe and Simpson were highly ranked coming out of high school. Has Bama just gotten lazy in its recruiting, or is it the OC?

Emphasizing some RPO packages for Milroe seems like a no brainer. But they really haven''t done that, at least not in any consistent manner. And how do you explain Buchner? He was never anything special, but he at least looked kind of functional at Notre Dame. But last Saturday at USF? He was god awful. You'd have better luck with a trained seal taking the snap. A performance that dreadful has to come, at least in part, from coaching and/or playcalling.

Or does the offensive line just miss Flood that much?

Anyway, good luck to Milroe, I guess.

Frustrated Houston Texans GIF by NFL

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Moderators- why are all of Texifornia’s posts blocked on my feed. Just curious and just saying? I welcome all “opinions.”

If for some reason he’s blocked, then don’t let him post.

Hook’em!!!

I'm just copy+pasting the Twitter/X image links - @immamac do you know why only some people are seeing them?

The Texas 8-4 moniker lives on, which is my preference.  While I'm not certain that even 6-7 wins this year creates the sort of urgency needed to raise about $80M to cut bait and hire someone new, I'd rather not chance A&M playing the new hire lottery and ending up with a competent coach and staff. I'd like to see their recruiting classes lose some steam beforehand. 
Oil is creeping up on $100 per barrel, could go even higher. They're beyond desperate at this point, basically an ATM (pun intended) with unlimited withdrawal amounts...set up Bilbo's spawn for life. With us and bloU coming in next year many of them will feel like they can't afford to not shitcan him and find the next aggy football savior.

I'll say this: if they manage to beat Bama this year (they will suddenly be good again that week, at least according to aggy) it might be enough to appease the gomers and keep him another season.

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Man... this right here. Same story. Still bothers me to this day.

• Haha 1