Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

How long was his first contract?Ā  5 years?

Just looked it up:

6 years at $34.2 Million total.Ā 

So roughly 5.7 per year, which is lower than I thought. For some reason I was thinking it was a 5 year contract.Ā 

Edited by Vertigo

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Just looked it up:

6 years at $34.2 Million total.Ā 

So roughly 5.7 per year, which is lower than I thought. For some reason I was thinking it was a 5 year contract.Ā 

Yeah, I was remembering 5 as well.Ā  So he's still got 3 yrs left after this season.Ā  If we make the playoffs, I guess they don't HAVE to renew/extend, but probably should as other schools will probably come hunting.

24 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Yeah, I was remembering 5 as well.Ā  So he's still got 3 yrs left after this season.Ā  If we make the playoffs, I guess they don't HAVE to renew/extend, but probably should as other schools will probably come hunting.

If Texas wins the conference, he's getting a big extension. If Texas doesn't win the conference but wins 9+ games, he's getting an extension. Allegedly. People will whine about him not getting one if Texas is 11-1 or something and the reality is that they usually wait until the season is over before announcing anything publicly for coaches.

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If Texas wins the conference, he's getting a big extension. If Texas doesn't win the conference but wins 9+ games, he's getting an extension. Allegedly. People will whine about him not getting one if Texas is 11-1 or something and the reality is that they usually wait until the season is over before announcing anything publicly for coaches.

I bet he gets one even with 8 wins (which would be a colossal failure). Ā If you're not gonna just fire a guy, he needs 3+ years of contract to recruit. Ā If he loses this weekend you know the opposing coaches will start picking at that. Ā 

19 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I bet he gets one even with 8 wins (which would be a colossal failure). Ā If you're not gonna just fire a guy, he needs 3+ years of contract to recruit. Ā If he loses this weekend you know the opposing coaches will start picking at that. Ā 

In reality, I don't think there is a vague chance of Texas not winning 9 or more at this point. UH is terrible. Tech is terrible on the road and they'll be playing a freshmen QB by then with the way they're handling QB. BYU is bad. TCU is bad. And Iowa State is bad. But sure, at 8 wins, there might be an extension, but there would be zero buyout dollars associated to any added years.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Texas doesn't win 9 games, something went terribly wrong.Ā 

5 wins already with these remaining games:Ā 

@ Houston (#81 ESPN efficiency)

BYU (#41 ESPN efficiency)

@Iowa State (#65 ESPN efficiency)

Texas Tech (#45 ESPN efficiency)

@TCU (#49 ESPN efficiency)

Sark can get to 10 wins by likely not beating another top 40 team.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If Texas doesn't win 9 games, something went terribly wrong.Ā 

5 wins already with these remaining games:Ā 

@ Houston (#81 ESPN efficiency)

BYU (#41 ESPN efficiency)

@Iowa State (#65 ESPN efficiency)

Texas Tech (#45 ESPN efficiency)

@TCU (#49 ESPN efficiency)

Sark can get to 10 wins by likely not beating another top 40 team.Ā 

Ā 

I believe we can, but the stretch of BYU, Iowa State, Tech, and TCU is not going to be easy.Ā 

Such a big weekend for season momentum. I remember two years ago about halfway through the second quarter when it looked like we were going to run OU out of the Cotton Bowl and I had already priced in the Aggies losing to Bama that night. Ā That didnā€™t work out so well.Ā 
Ā 

I like our chances to flip the 2021 script this weekend. The Aggies will still probably end up 8-4 like they did that year, but we are going to leave no doubt to recruits that we have passed them as a program.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

But what about Cougar High?

Ā 

I know you're joking but UH is probably the weakest team on our schedule this year.Ā 

Lost by 23 points to a mediocre TCU team, lost by 21 points to a mediocre Texas Tech team, lost to Rice, and barely beat a 1-3 UTSA team who had a hobbled Frank Harris at QB.Ā 

They would be 1-4 if Frank Harris was even remotely healthy. This is one of the worst UH teams in a LONG time.Ā 

The way I see the remaining schedule.Ā 

Tough to semi-tough games:Ā 

OU (Neutral field) and K-StateĀ 

Mediocre teams that should be Ws but they aren't completely terrible :Ā 

@TCU, BYU, Texas Tech.Ā 

Games we should absolutely not lose:Ā 

@ Houston and @ Iowa StateĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The way I see the remaining schedule.Ā 

Tough to semi-tough games:Ā 

OU (Neutral field) and K-StateĀ 

Mediocre teams that should be Ws but they aren't completely terrible :Ā 

@TCU, BYU, Texas Tech.Ā 

Games we should absolutely not lose:Ā 

@ Houston and @ Iowa StateĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

One of Techā€™s reasons for existing is to be beaten down in Austin.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

If we win against OU this weekend, Texas moves to #1 in the AP poll (or #2 at worst)... Even if UH, BYU, K-State, ISU, TCU and Tech are completely overmatched, they will have the opportunity to completely alter the narrative of their season with a win... Texas is already their super bowl to begin with -- now 10x that intensity.

8 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

If When we win against OU this weekend, Texas moves to #1 in the AP poll (or #2 at worst)... Even if UH, BYU, K-State, ISU, TCU and Tech are completely overmatched, they will have the opportunity to completely alter the narrative of their season with a win... Texas is already their super bowl to begin with -- now 10x that intensity.

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

If we win against OU this weekend, Texas moves to #1 in the AP poll (or #2 at worst)... Even if UH, BYU, K-State, ISU, TCU and Tech are completely overmatched, they will have the opportunity to completely alter the narrative of their season with a win... Texas is already their super bowl to begin with -- now 10x that intensity.

It donā€™t make a shit

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

No way we pass Georgia unless they lose. Voters almost never move an undefeated defending champ from #1

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GTNY said:

No way we pass Georgia unless they lose. Voters almost never move an undefeated defending champ from #1

If you listen to most of the talking heads and their podcasts (Klatt, for example) itā€™s already being talked about with us and Michigan jumping them, if not more.

16 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Iā€™m sure there are discussions going on about how tx/ou will look in the sec. And it makes total sense that the sec commish would want to come see how the event is done currently in order to understand why itā€™s at the cotton bowl and not Jerry world. There is always pressure to move it to Jerry world going on in the background.

Thereā€™s no state fair at Jerry World!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, GTNY said:

It's already slowly happening.

Last week, Georgia had 55 first place votes, Michigan 1, Texas 2, Ohio State 1, Florida State 3, Washington 1

This week: Georgia 35, Michigan 12, Texas 10, Ohio State 1, Florida State 4

They lost 20 voters this week and if they continue to struggle in their wins, more voters are going to jump off their bandwagon, especially if we embarrass an undefeated OUsucks

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

If you win every game you play you will be #1 at the end of the season.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

We passed USC for one week in the BCS standings in 2005, although we went back to #2 after the Okie Lite game. But we never came close to passing them in the AP or Coaches' polls, even after their close calls against ASU, ND and Fresno State.

"Two-time defending national champions" is a hell of a drug

17 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

No, Alabama's 2 starting safeties were not out against Texas.

Alabama rotates 3 safeties - all 3 have 300+ snaps and have played in all 5 games.

There you go being literal.Ā  What they meant was 3 safeties had the flu all week so they were out for practice (along with 6 other starters and I heard 3 coaches and a security guard).Ā  If healthy, like they are this week, this Alabama defense would have shut out UT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If the season continues as we expect, Sark's going to get his contract money, and that's great. Texas isn't going to lose a head coach to money, not after the last 12 years.Ā 

The big thing for me is going to be the raises for coordinators, and what that looks like. Tashard Choice at this point is definitely underpaid. And after 12 years of shit, I am fucking all over the staff continuity at this point. I want to see big raises for flood and PK, Bo Davis, Choice, and while Jeff banks makes great money, give that fucker a raise. Give Choate a reason to question going back to being a HC at a small or medium sized school. Fuck it, pay Terry Joseph. Id like to see our salary pool for assistants basically fucking double. I'm not sure how realistic that is, to be honest, but it fucking should be a prioirity to pay these motherfuckers.Ā Ā 

evidently Choice is making the same amount of money as JAY BOULWARE!

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-highest-paid-running-backs-coaches-in-college-football-2023-edition

image.thumb.png.ba3ba76a426e0dc50647a570470f838f.png

re: Pool - here is the USA Today Assistant Coach database from 22, updated 12/7/22

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

Pool amounts for 2022

1. tOSU at 8.83m
  2. LSU at 8.55m
  3. UGA at 8.4m
  4. Bama at 8.36m
  5. A&M at 7.97m
  6. Texas at 7.92m
  7. OU at 7.15m
  8. Oregon at 7.03m
  9. Tenn at 6.83m
  10. Michigan State (!!!) at 6.82m
  11. Iowa (!!!) at 6.59m

highly doubt it doubles but it should be in the top say 3 for sure.

per the updated coach salary rankings Sark is at #30 for this year

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/coach

Leipold makes more than he does by 150k, PJ Fleck does by 400k, Shane Beamer makes 6.1m, Sam etc

looks like they now have most assistants aligned with a 2025 timeframe and that Sark

in his 2021-2022 income USA today has this interesting note on Sark easily jumps into the top 10 if they have a good year this year - #10 right now is Lane at $9m.

Brian Kelly is making 9.975m right now which seems reasonable for Sark if they have a run. IDK what happens to the salary pool but i also don't know how Choice doesn't get a +300k bump himself? which would put Texas around Bama. Love to see the pool bumped up to close to top 2 (so 8.55+)

2021-22 INCOME: Scheduled School Pay includes $250,000 one-time payment to cover moving, relocation and temporary housing expenses. Texas also paid $500,528 on Sarkisian's behalf to Alabama to cover payment of loan that Sarkisian had received from that school, plus an additional $254,975 in connection with Sarkisian's tax liability for that payment

quick google on that and it's a weird clause he had added?

from 2019:

Also, new offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian is receiving a $500,000 loan that is set to be forgiven by 50% if heĀ still holdsĀ that job on national Letter-of-Intent signing day in February 2021 and by 50% if he holds the job at the end of the 2021 season or on signing day in February 2022.

and 2020

The new deal ties Sarkisian with Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele as the highest-paid college football assistant this season. Sarkisian continues to have the benefit of a low-interest $500,000Ā loan that he will have to repay once his employment ends.Ā 

so he got 50% forgiven and the other 50% paid for, PLUS Texas paid for the tax liability? good for him.

so all in that means Sark going from $5.6m to $9.975m = +4.375m

assistant pool going up from ~$7.92m to ~$8.6m = +0.680m

so about a +5.055m ask for next year?

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 6

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If the season continues as we expect, Sark's going to get his contract money, and that's great. Texas isn't going to lose a head coach to money, not after the last 12 years.Ā 

The big thing for me is going to be the raises for coordinators, and what that looks like. Tashard Choice at this point is definitely underpaid. And after 12 years of shit, I am fucking all over the staff continuity at this point. I want to see big raises for flood and PK, Bo Davis, Choice, and while Jeff banks makes great money, give that fucker a raise. Give Choate a reason to question going back to being a HC at a small or medium sized school. Fuck it, pay Terry Joseph. Id like to see our salary pool for assistants basically fucking double. I'm not sure how realistic that is, to be honest, but it fucking should be a prioirity to pay these motherfuckers.Ā Ā 

With what it very much appears is being built with these guys, it seems to me that you donā€™t let anyone leave over money unless you have access to a demonstrable upgrade whoā€™s also a good fit.Ā 

I also agree on Choate. Unless he just absolutely canā€™t be talked out of wanting to be the guy, even at a smaller place, make it borderline impossible for him to bail.Ā 

7 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

It's already slowly happening.

Last week, Georgia had 55 first place votes, Michigan 1, Texas 2, Ohio State 1, Florida State 3, Washington 1

This week: Georgia 35, Michigan 12, Texas 10, Ohio State 1, Florida State 4

They lost 20 voters this week and if they continue to struggle in their wins, more voters are going to jump off their bandwagon, especially if we embarrass an undefeated OUsucks

Until they lose they're still the defending champs.Ā  I also don't see them finishing the season undefeated they way they are starting to wane.Ā  Texas takes care of business it will work itself out.Ā Ā 

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Until they lose they're still the defending champs.Ā  I also don't see them finishing the season undefeated they way they are starting to wane.Ā  Texas takes care of business it will work itself out.Ā Ā 

In my perfect world, Texas is the team that sends them home just so thereā€™s no ā€œTexas got lucky not having to face themā€ angle.

But, yeah, Texas has everything in front of them with the chance to make it all happen.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Whatever the current top paid RB coach gets give Choice 100k above that or a little more.Ā 
Ā 

Agree it should at minimum increase 50% of the current total assistant coach salary. We should also always be expanding the analyst and off field roles as well.Ā 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

We passed USC for one week in the BCS standings in 2005, although we went back to #2 after the Okie Lite game. But we never came close to passing them in the AP or Coaches' polls, even after their close calls against ASU, ND and Fresno State.

"Two-time defending national champions" is a hell of a drug

I can think of one other week we passed USC in the standings...

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2